FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Can Whities that teach flint's blacks, live in the suburbs?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Jerome

Mr. Herbert Cleves says NO. "There is a cultural gap here. They're missing out on understanding what s going on".

I agree, the white people should teach the white kids in the suburbs, and the black kids should be taught by black people who live in the city!
Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:16 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

If there is a cultural gap, then that would be a sure way to make it worse. It's ridiculous.
Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:32 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
DEMCAD

Cultural Gap?

What difference does it make? White teachers can teach math and science as well as the black ones. And besides, we can't afford to be picky. If we want qualified professionals to teach our children we better get realistic. If someone is educated enough to get that postion, it is unrealistic to expect them to be living in the inner city. Afterall, college graduates trend to end up in the suburbs, not downtown Flint.

Furthermore, black college graduates are not that common. Not common enough to justify a change in policy that allows human resources to full these positions with minorities.
Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:01 am 

TOTAL IGNORANCE! of the people that are dedicated to the children of Flint!
Teachers that love and care for our children...regardless of color.

Some of which grew up in Flint and have qualifications to teach anywhere!

Choose to drive back to Flint daily because they love ...Flint's children.

Many have purchased hundreds of dollars of classroom supplies for their classroom out of their own pocket.

They - these dedicated teachers- are repeatedly slapped in the face by parents and officials that have never so much as stepped into the schoolroom.

Walk a mile in their shoes...then speak. I sure the words would change.

These ..officials that persist in creating the color divide. Do not know our teachers or our children. Kdg. students know no color...adults like Cleaves teach this.
Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:28 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I think it's nice for Flint's teachers, Flints police officers, And Flint's city workers that live outside of Flint and pay property taxes to support other community to be able to come to Flint to work everyday but with our property values falling and revenues dwindling and sky high poverty unemployment etc. I think it would be nice if Flint started hiring more of its own citizens.

For the teachers that live outside of Flint that do buy the supplies or whatnot for the kids they could probably buy more supplies if they lived in Flint because our cost of living is cheaper.

It seems to me like most cities hire people that live within that city's borders. I think this would be a good thing for Flint to try out.

Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:54 pm 
pissed off ma ma bear

How stupid,,,,use your brain a bit here,,,,this has already proven to be unconstitutional to force someone to live where they work,,,my son is a teacher in Vassar and lives in Grand Blanc,,,,,the Superintendent of Kearsley lives in Grand Blanc,,,,Hell the Flint Schools SUCK so bad that board members and teachers who do live in the district send thier kids to private schools,,,,white teaching white and black teaching black,,,this is the dumbest comment of all,,,now if that is not a racist comment,,,my husband works in Pontiac ,,,we dont live in Pontiac,,,do the doctors who work at Hurley hostpital and the nurses live in Flint????? Since when can we dictate where one lives,,,,I think the teachers do spend half thier lives with the Flint kids,,,why do they have to live with them also,,,,,maybe you should set up communes,,,,,and make the teachers live with thier students,,,,lay blame where it lies,,,,PARENTS RAISE YOUR FRICKEN KIDS RIGHT
Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:46 am 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

some of you people are utterly rediculous......this board has now hit an all time low. That just goes to show you how screwed up some people in Flint really are. Im hardly ever speechless ( aint that the truth) but this has got to take the cake. Im usually good for some smart ass snappy comment but I'll let this stand on its own two feet. UNREAL!

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:01 am 
Will

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
some of you people are utterly rediculous......this board has now hit an all time low. That just goes to show you how screwed up some people in Flint really are. Im hardly ever speechless ( aint that the truth) but this has got to take the cake. Im usually good for some smart ass snappy comment but I'll let this stand on its own two feet. UNREAL!

This is why we need people like Ryan Eashoo, Terry Bankert, and Rapunzel to get on the school board.
Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:48 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:

I just think that it doesn't matter what race someone is, but rather how qualified they are!

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:32 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: