FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Greg Venucci removed from public meeting by police officer
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
History In Limbo

Greg Venucci reporter from the East Village Magazine was removed from the "Special Meeting" Historic District Commission Meeting called by Ryan Eashoo. The Flint Historic District Commission voted to go into Executive Session violated the Open Meetings Act 267.

They then had Greg Venucci removed from the room by a Flint Police Officers. The officer was at the meeting before it had even started waiting for Greg. Greg Venucci was upset because he stated the only way a public body can go into executive session is if the lawsuit had a potential for financial loss or harm that the city could face. Commissioner Barkus and Eashoo both brought up concerns about the commission going into executive session, because there was no financial effect that city is facing.

The Flint Historic District Commission has been Sued by Theresse MacDonald and The Genesee County Historical Society due to them erring and allowing the Flint Cultural Center Corp. to Tear down Manning Street Homes. The lawsuit is currently in Circuit Court.

At the last meeting of the Flint Historic District Commission on December 7, 2006, Commissioner Dale Suomela mentioned not allowing the public to speak. He confessed he is tired of the Manning Court issue and tired of listening to people talk about it. He would like to not allow the public to speak at the meetings.

Voting to go into Executive Session was:

Steve Heddy
Dale Suomela
Jim Rutherford
Nancy Sinclair
Mildred Smith

Voting against going into Executive Session because it violated The Open Meetings Act was:

Commissioner Leanne Barkus
Commissioner/Chairman Ryan Eashoo
Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:10 pm 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:52 pm 
Jake

quote:
Larry schreef:
that reporter should contact us and do a video report any one have his phone number.

I agree and he should sue those people.
Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:59 pm 
drmikevsvc
F L I N T O I D

I think what we really need here is a true cost/benefit analysis of what is good for the city of Flint.........................I admit.........I’m not a big proponent of tearing down historical houses...................but if the act of tearing down the houses brings more interest/revenue/dedication/benefit than leaving them standing as shallow, empty vesicles.............then so be it.............

Let us all look toward the long-term interest of what is best for Flint.
Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:09 pm 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:53 pm 
GregoryJVanucci
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Larry schreef:
that reporter should contact us and do a video report any one have his phone number.

Anyone interested should visit www.eastvillagemagazine.org to read about the Manning Street Houses to be demolished or the Flint Historic District Commission.

The website has photos of some of the Manning Street houses, the city's historic district ordinance, as well as other related stories, opinion pieces and a brief history of the historic district.

Please, send your letters by e-mail to eastvillagemagazine@excite.com, as letters to the editor are encouraged.

The stories speak for themselves. Additional stories are not planned, but are probably inevitable.

P.S., I don't regularly come to this site, as I do not have the internet at home or work. Please, forgive any slowness in responding to you if you attempt to contact me other than through the above mentioned e-mail address.

P.P.S., East Village Magazine's phone number is 810-233-7459. I'm there many afternoons and some mornings, evenings and nights. If I'm not in, please leave a name, best date and time for a return call and a phone number that is a local call from Flint.

We don't make long distance calls.

Also, please understand that I cannot be interviewed. I am a reporter/editor/snow shoveler/etc. which means I can report news, not be news.

P.P.P.S., V...A...N...U...C...C...I. Wink

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Voice Of Reason

Did you get kicked out of the meeting Vannuccciii?
Did Eashoo get you arrested? or was it Barkas?
Post Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:24 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Larry schreef:

Our Commission voted to go into Executive Session to have privacy regarding an ongoing lawsuit. Gregory J. Vanucci was not arrested or removed, he did in fact leave freely. However, a officer was called since he refused to leave. As you can see from the first post I did not vote to go into executive session, neither did Commissioner Barkus.
Post Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:33 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
GregoryJVanucci schreef:
quote:
Larry schreef:

Also, please understand that I cannot be interviewed. I am a reporter/editor/snow shoveler/etc. which means I can report news, not be news.

P.P.P.S., V...A...N...U...C...C...I. Wink

Sorry Greg, I disagree. Once some other force makes you the news, by targeting you for a specific action, you can indeed BECOME the news.

The news worthy event, includind a reporter being removed from a public meeting, becomes part of the overall story. Whether you choose to cooperate with the fair and accurate reportage of that event, is of course, up to you. So you can refuse, on principal, to participate, but don't think your "media credentials" makes you immune from having questions asked of you.

I can certainly understand why you not want the focus to be on you, you still have a job to do and you need to maintain an arms-length distance from any and all the parties that you may need to report on and objectivity is crucial.

Good luck in your continued pursuit of this topic of interest.

Post Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:34 pm 
Don

well, I have been to meetings Greg has been at, and he can be a pain in the butt. He also has been harrasing Historic District Commissioners. He was removed out of City Hall 2 weeks ago, cause he was harasing staff people in City Hall.
Post Mon Dec 25, 2006 3:09 pm 
Tammy

quote:
Don schreef:
well, I have been to meetings Greg has been at, and he can be a pain in the butt. He also has been harrasing Historic District Commissioners. He was removed out of City Hall 2 weeks ago, cause he was harasing staff people in City Hall.

Actually, Don,

Greg said he doesnt remember you at all, from any meeting.

He said he has been going to commission meetings for 10 years and has never been accused of harrassing.

But, he wanted to look at minutes that were illegally kept out of view and was harrassed and threatenened to be arrested.

At the last meeting he said police were called before the meeting ever started.

I think the commissioners who illegallly voted to tear the houses down just dont want any exposure..

The crooks you see on the news always think reporters are harrassing them.
Post Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:01 pm 
Johnson

quote:
Tammy schreef:
quote:
Don schreef:

Actually, Don,

He said he has been going to commission meetings for 10 years and has never been accused of harrassing.

But, he wanted to look at minutes that were illegally kept out of view and was harrassed and threatenened to be arrested.

I think the commissioners who illegallly voted to tear the houses down just dont want any exposure..

Ask the police officers, the staff people, or steve heddy.
Post Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:04 pm 
Tammy

quote:
Johnson schreef:
quote:
Tammy schreef:
quote:
Don schreef:

Actually, Don,

Ask the police officers, the staff people, or steve heddy.

Which police officers? You seem to know their names.

Which staff people? You seem to know their names also.

And Steve Heddy? Anyone who has a relationship to the cultural center and denies it is... what's the term?... Oh, yeah... A LIAR!

Like I said in my previous post:

And before I forget, Don, or John, or Johnson...

Which meetings were you at?
Post Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:14 pm 
Bill

I would sue Greg!! Those are your rights to be at a public meeting
Post Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:13 am 
East Sider

I would sue them all Greg, your being treated un farily.
Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:29 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: