FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: How do I contact the FCC for...

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Kat

How do I contact the FCC in reguards to keeping Flint channel 17 on ? Do I have to go through comcast cable ? I went to the FCC site, but was wondering, if sending a comment through that site, will get through to the FCC for Flint Michigan channel 17.

Since I'm unable to make it to the Flint City council meetings, I tune in to watch it on channel 17, to me informed, on what is going on in Flint.

I watched the city council meeting today, very good meeting BTW, in case any of you missed it, but it was mention that the FCC is trying to close down channel 17, or stop the airing of Flint council meetings ?

I don't want that to happen, and would like to contact the FCC to let them know this. It would be very much appreciated, if anyone can help me with this info.

Thank You ! Smile
Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:37 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

I am going to respond to this guest post because it actually is a damn good point. We need this medium.

Here's all you need to know:
http://www.alliancecm.org/blog.php
Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:14 pm 
Kat
F L I N T O I D

Roscoe I thank you very much for your response. Also I'm a certified member now. Smile
Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:13 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

WOW How did I miss this post? It is now the 17th a little bit past the 13th deadline mentioned on the website.
Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:32 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Kat
F L I N T O I D

Hi Ted ! Smile I know, I missed the deadline. Sad

Now I know why nobody responded to my post, old news.

I'm disappointed I didn't hear about this until today, during the Flint City Council meeting. Hopefully enough people sent in comments regarding this issue. Why and how it became an issue at all, is a surprise to me. When I heard about it today, I wanted to go and voice my support for channel 17. I appreciate your response. Smile
Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:49 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

Welcome Kat! Very Happy

The whole nation is losing its Public Access TV stations, not just Flint. It's all part of corporate greed and the FCC in a Republican administration.

Sick of it all, sick of it all. Mad

In Manhattan we have at least four Public Access stations (maybe more) that I watch from time to time, but those four provide access to a population the size of Michigan.

Long live Public Access!
Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:54 pm 
Kat
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Roscoe Van Zandt schreef:
Welcome Kat! Very Happy

The whole nation is losing its Public Access TV stations, not just Flint. It's all part of corporate greed and the FCC in a Republican administration.

Sick of it all, sick of it all. Mad

In Manhattan we have at least four Public Access stations (maybe more) that I watch from time to time, but those four provide access to a population the size of Michigan.

Long live Public Access!

That sucks !! I wish we could recall the FCC member's ! Mad

Thanks for the warm welcome ! Smile
Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:06 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: