FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: DELETED
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
DELETED

DELETED

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:10 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

Sounds way kool.

I'll start thinking about questions......

wonder if I should formulate them right when I take my medication, or wait a while........hmmmm.

anyway, certainly for the mayoral candidates, something along the lines of how do they see their position when mayor working with the council, relative to the checks and balances of power and the operation of the city.

See, it seems to me, Mayor don refuses to compromise whatsoever on anything he wants done that the council won't adopt EXACTLY as he wants. Its all or nothing with the donald. Thus the work arounds, sneak attacks like the latest police command changes.

So what do these candidates see as the roles & responsibilities of the mayor position and the council positions [ignoring totally the individuals in those positions]? But that may be too generic and allow them to slip out without really saying anything but pablum.

I think something should be formulated on the city charter and whether specific acts taken are or are not in accordance with the charter, and if they were elected would they rescind those decisions or continue to defend them.

oh yeah, got to get to work on these....right Ted, Rap, et al....

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:44 pm 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:25 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Show Guest:

Bob Leonard - Former District Attorney

Norman Bryant - Mayoral candidate

Adam Ford - Mayoral candidate

Terry Bankert - Attorney At Law

Ryan Eashoo - Member of the Flint Historic District Commission

Sandy Hill - Flint City Council 4 Ward

Ehren Gonzales - Flint City Council 8 Ward

Dale Weighill - Mayoral candidate

Jonh Roman - Radio Talk Show Host

Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:38 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Voice of Reason

Keep your orginal video tape close, and the one filming it closer.
Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:30 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
I think something should be formulated on the city charter and whether specific acts taken are or are not in accordance with the charter, and if they were elected would they rescind those decisions or continue to defend them.

Be watching my show next year. It'll be coming.
Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Try asking more of the Council Members!
Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Kat
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
Try asking more of the Council Members!

I agree, I think it would be nice, because it will give a balance view.
Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:52 pm 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:09 pm 
Jack

What about The Honnorable Donald J. Williamson?
Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:37 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Jack schreef:

or dis-Honorable Donald J. Williamson

aka Mr Big.

the donald

the don-man

the terminator-Williamson

the horrible Donald J. Williamson

the don-a-rama

the ding-dong-don man

dogma don

Don Williamsione...aka da Don-fadda

Don corleone williamson

dandy don the william-son

don-father

invite them all!

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:35 pm 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:57 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Jack schreef:

I saw that post and thought back to when I used to use that phrase proudly when I wrote to the Mayor. It's so disheartening to see what this guy has done to the city! I had such high hopes! He had no intention from the begining of living up to any of his promises! Twisted Evil
Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:51 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

My favorite quote of the moment, which I am going to turn into a question for The Laundry Room guys to ask the candidates:

"Elections are won by men and women chiefly because most people vote against somebody rather than for somebody. - Franklin P. Adams"

That's very true. And so my question for any candidate is that you will most likely be getting lots of NO votes for Don which in turn translate to YES votes for you. What are three things you plan on doing during your campaign to ensure that voters are voting for YOU and not just voting AGAINST Don Williamson?

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:04 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Roscoe Van Zandt schreef:

That's very true. And so my question for any candidate is that you will most likely be getting lots of NO votes for Don which in turn translate to YES votes for you. What are three things you plan on doing during your campaign to ensure that voters are voting for YOU and not just voting AGAINST Don Williamson?

whoa, caution there Roscoe m'boy...be careful not to confuse them..yes/no for him for you... translating into.... name 3 things.... for against Williamson, you

...I bet ya a dollar to a doughnut, the question will confuse at least one of the candidates......[thats the one we don't want] Laughing

ok, lets start with something simpler... Wink

WHAT....is your favorite color?....

WHAT....is your quest?.....

WHAT..is the maximum recorded air speed of an African swallow?

[with apologies to Monty Python and the Holy Grail].

How about, "How would you do characterize your leadership style versus the mayor's?"

"When new national administrations take office, there is often a focus on the first 100 days in office; that those first 3 months establish both the tenor and agenda for the administration...what will be the top 3 items you will want the administration to address and accomplish."

follow-up,

"What resources, other parties [county, city council, unions, state, etc] will it be necessary to engage, to accomplish those 3 items, and how do you expect to engage them?"

"Hip-hop or Jazz?"

"Boxers or briefs?"

"original or extra-crispy?"

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:18 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: