FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: The Dale Weighill thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Judy

quote:
drmikevsvc schreef:
For the record, Dayne has not officially announced his candidacy. His web-site has nothing to do with a campaign for mayor of anything. If the time comes that he decides to formally announce his campaign, I’m sure the campaign web-site will be of the highest quality. The guy doesn’t do anything “half-assed.”

He told me he is running, thats official enough for me.
Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:23 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
Ladies and gentlemen, I think we found our definition of elitist, and it is Roscoe. See above. Amateurish? Have you seen Dayne's site? www.daynewalling.com For someone who's been running for Mayor for several years now, you'd think it would be a lot better. I give it a three out of ten.

Well, since critiquing a website (Dale's) makes me an "elitist" in your view, and you offered a critique of Dayne's site (which is not even his campaign site, DUH) - guess what?

That makes YOU an elitist as well. Wink

Welcome to the club. You'll get your Christmas fruitcake in the mail next week. It features a likeness of Don Williamson made out of chunks of dried apricots.

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
Roscoe, the gauntlet has been thrown down. Produce the poop.

News flash: I'm not running for mayor. Be sure to tell all your friends.
Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:32 pm 
Voice Of Reason

quote:
Roscoe Van Zandt schreef:
quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
Ladies and gentlemen, I think we found our definition of elitist, and it is Roscoe. See above. Amateurish? Have you seen Dayne's site? www.daynewalling.com For someone who's been running for Mayor for several years now, you'd think it would be a lot better. I give it a three out of ten.

Well, since critiquing a website (Dale's) makes me an "elitist" in your view, and you offered a critique of Dayne's site (which is not even his campaign site, DUH) - guess what?

That makes YOU an elitist as well. Wink

Welcome to the club. You'll get your Christmas fruitcake in the mail next week. It features a likeness of Don Williamson made out of chunks of dried apricots.

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
Roscoe, the gauntlet has been thrown down. Produce the poop.

News flash: I'm not running for mayor. Be sure to tell all your friends.

I just added you to the list of people that are eltist, Dayne Walling, Don Williamson, Roscoe Van Zandt aka Shawn Chittle, Ryan Easho, Woodrow Stanley.
Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:25 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Voice Of Reason schreef:
I just added you to the list of people that are eltist, Dayne Walling, Don Williamson, Roscoe Van Zandt aka Shawn Chittle, Ryan Easho, Woodrow Stanley.

Me, Woodrow and Don, oh my! Embarassed
Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:32 am 
Voice of Reason

I posted yesterday using a by-line "Voice of Reason." Today, I see someone used the same screen name, but it wasnt me.

So, let me say I'm sorry to anyone defamed by someone using the same name as I.

Yesterday I posted RE:Ryan Eashooo (all of those replies were done in a short period of time.) I also posted an article from east village magazine.

That is all.

I wont be usin that name anymore.
Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:15 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

That is why you need to register the name you want to use.

Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:29 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Carlos

Biography of Dale K. Weighill

Dale Weighill was born and raised in the metropolitan Detroit area. After graduating from Livonia’s Clarenceville High School in 1988 he attended The University of Michigan in Dearborn. During his undergraduate education, Dale served as an intern for Congressman Sander Levin and State Senator Lana Pollack. He also worked on Bill Clinton's 1992 presidential campaign.

Before graduating, he received the University’s Distinguished Student Leader Award and the Outstanding Student in Political Science Award. Dale graduated from The University of Michigan with High Distinction, receiving his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science in 1993.

While attending The University of Michigan, Dale ran successfully for a position on the Clarenceville Board of Education in Livonia, Michigan. Dale was reelected to the school board in 1991 and served as Michigan’s youngest Board of Education President from 1991-1992 and 1994-1995. Dale retired from the school board in 1995 to pursue his graduate education at American University in Washington, DC, where he was awarded a Merit Fellowship.

While attending American, Dale served as an economic policy intern in the office of former Housing and Urban Development Secretary and Vice Presidential candidate Jack Kemp. He also was awarded the American University School of Public Affairs’ Award for Outstanding Graduate Work in Political Science. Dale received his Master of Arts degree from American University, with highest distinction, in 1997.

Dale moved from Washington, DC to Flint in the fall of 1997 to teach introductory courses in American government for both Mott and Oakland Community Colleges. While teaching for Mott, he spent time in South Africa studying that country’s culture, geography, and political system. Since he began teaching, Dale has consistently received outstanding reviews by his students and colleagues.

Dale became Legislative Assistant to State Representative (now State Senator) Laura M. Toy in 1999. His responsibilities included managing the Lansing office, constituent relations, working with the media, and serving as a policy and political adviser to Representative Toy.

Dale assumed his current position as President & CEO of the Resource Center in February 2000. Working with the Resource Center Board of Directors and staff, he is responsible for the agency’s fund development, public relations, program development, human resources, and budgetary activities. Dale also continues to teach American government courses on a part-time basis for Mott College.

Dale is Immediate Past Chair of the 12-member Volunteer Center National Network Council (VCNNC), and is a former member of the Points of Light Foundation’s Board of Directors and the ConnectMichigan Alliance Board of Trustees. Additionally, he is the Immediate Past Chair of both the Volunteer Centers of Michigan (the state association of Volunteer Centers) and the Genesee County Nonprofit Association.

He was recently elected to the Board of Directors for the Michigan Nonprofit Association and serves as a volunteer reader for the Visually Impaired Center in Flint, as a mentor in the Big Brothers Big Sisters Lunch Buddies program, and as a member of the Rotary Club of Flint.
Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:32 pm 
drmikevsvc
F L I N T O I D

Sounds like a hell of a qualified candidate. Too bad the people of Flint only want to elect people they can relate to (criminals, pimps, thugs, idiots) Tell Dale to go knock off a liquor store or get caught in a bribe........he'll have a better chance come november.
Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:04 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

"Sounds like a hell of a qualified candidate. Too bad the people of Flint only want to elect people they can relate to (criminals, pimps, thugs, idiots) Tell Dale to go knock off a liquor store or get caught in a bribe........he'll have a better chance come november."

LOL, yessir, the peeps gots to identify widcha'

got to keep it real bro'

if not dat, then get a gold cap or diamond stud in your grillez..spinnerz on yo' ride ifnu goin' up da no' side.

and don't be frontin' melvin

peece out widcha all

an' bring som' 40's widcha all..........its dry outside.

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:32 pm 
Don

He already has my wife and I to vote for him. Dale met up with us at Sarvis Center, he is a good guy and cares about Flint.
Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:38 am 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:33 pm 
mark thompson
F L I N T O I D

I agree with the" laundry room" guys... dale has taken the time to talk with me, but not only that, he also has taken time to listen to me. I was very impressed. I think anyone who wants a candidate who is honest and cares about what we really want and need in flint..well.. they should get behind Dale .
Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:55 pm 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:17 pm 
Yodda

Weighill and Walling seem like a couple of well meaning white boys but I don’t see anything in their resumes that indicate they have the skill to run a city. Williamson has done a good enough job in my opinion to stick with him for now.
Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:40 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Yodda schreef:
Weighill and Walling seem like a couple of well meaning white boys but I don’t see anything in their resumes that indicate they have the skill to run a city. Williamson has done a good enough job in my opinion to stick with him for now.

Well, I don't know about all that, but I'll put up with him until next August... then he has got to go..... I can't wait for the campaigns to get in full swing... 2007 is going to be fun....
Post Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: