FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Jackie Poplar Plays the race card!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Elias

Once again the old race card has been played by Ms Poplar. I suppose we now live in an era where there natrually should be two or more of standards for leaders . If you are white then you have to live by the book and not do anything illegal.However if one is who belongs to a group typcially labeled as a "minority " then you can do anything you chose.Is this the premise you are operating with Ms. Poplar? Here is how I see it.; if you have no idea of what your roles,resposiblities and parameters are as a leader you have two optiions A) find out what is permitted (legally and all aspects) for the job you are attempting to gain . or option B) Simply don't apply for the job. Ms Poplar,it doesn't take much effort to gain the information and knowledge base you would have required for this job. And, Ms. Poplar,I seriously doubt it the City Attorney did approve of the methods or with the manner in which you attempted to gain that money. Yet ,upon second thought,I would not be shocked if it were ascertained that the City Attorney did approve of all aspects of your scheme. It would not be so unthinkable given this city's level of corruption. I suppose what is more scary is that I am not terrbily shocked by your conduct ,it seems as if it is just "business as usual" for Flint.
Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:54 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Elias if it makes you feel better perhaps the liquor store owners were white. No one seems to have a problem with them trying to bribe a public official.
Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:34 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
The only council people that were verbally attacked at the meeting were the ones that had the guts to take a stand and state that what she did was wrong no matter how you look at it.

See that is where the problem comes in. Was what she did wrong? Sure! However, I do remember her bringing up in council the how's and why's she was supporting the licenses. That they were going to support the scholarship. No one! At that point in time NO ONE stood up and said a word! Because it didn't hit us as being such a bad thing!

If it's a bad thing no matter how you look at it. Why are we bashing on her over 1000 dollars and remaining silent on the 180,000 the Don is demanding of Marvin Riley. It just seems that you can't make a big deal over a little fish in a big ocean. When your letting the Whale off the hook!
Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:24 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Fed Up

I am sick of it as well.
Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:14 am 
Tom

Simple Lesson for you: You don't justify one bad act by another bad act.
Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:37 pm 
Ted J

Or one good act with a bad implication.

Here's another thing I was thinking about.

Had she set this program up seperately. Say on Monday said she was going to support the transfer. Then the next monday asked for 500 each for a scholorship. This would have been totally legal! No one would have questioned her intentions. Or had she done it the other way around. Either way. It would have been perfectly legal. No matter what her INTENTIONS or REASONS were.
Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:50 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Tom schreef:
Simple Lesson for you: You don't justify one bad act by another bad act.

Absolutely.

didn't we learn that lesson when we were kids.

Poplar's behavior was immature and childish....

"jackie you made a mistake"

Poplar: "So? look at Sandy Hill look what she did; and look at Ehren, he did YYY"

We did that, as children, in the hopes of deflecting focus and try to change the subject to avoid punishment. Its playground behavior, and unfortunately resorted too by adults in times of crisis.

Whats even more troublesome is her statements are merely allegations...her "bad act" is fact. Thats despicable. And even worse, she has irreparably damaged the relationships between council members.

You thought they had their hands full trying to control/work with the run-away train called Mayor Williamson; thats probably impossible now.

Yep the real crime against the city, IMO, occurred when Poplar opened her mouth and poisoned the well at the council meeting.

Sorry, you don't call out your fellow council members in public on such allegations, or characterizations [silver slipper]. Nothing detroys a team faster than airing the family dirty laundry in front of others.

Say good-bye to any constructive capability for this set of coucil members.

Now that is a reason that Poplar could contemplate resigning over. never happen though. She's too committed to this insanity now that she started the fire.

Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:30 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Actually Biggie. I'll bet the Council is back to normal soon. This will blow over. A lot quicker than most of the Mayor supported council people, that have turned against him. I have a lot more confidence that the Council will be more inclined to work together, mend fences, want to do what’s best for the city and not for themselves, than the Mayor will ever come around to working to make the city better. Instead of working to better his pocketbook.

Actually, I've been thinking about this and I still don't know for sure as I didn't see everything happen. But, Ms. Hill leaving early, after I found out what happened didn't look very good for her.

Had someone done that to me like that. I'd been fighting mad! I'd been shooting right back with rebuttal. I sure wouldn't have left. At the very least. I would have said something to the effect that I not even going to dignify those accusations with a response. Made a quick explanation about my own credibility. But I sure wouldn't have left mid stream. Even if I had previously had some place else I was supposed to be. I'd stayed just because of the appearance. That may have been her greatest mistake. Leaving immediately after that. At least that's the spin I'm being fed. I haven't actually seen what happened yet. So I’ll know for sure either way once I actually see it on channel 17.
Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:57 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
Actually Biggie. I'll bet the Council is back to normal soon. This will blow over. A lot quicker than most of the Mayor supported council people, that have turned against him. I have a lot more confidence that the Council will be more inclined to work together, mend fences, want to do what’s best for the city and not for themselves, than the Mayor will ever come around to working to make the city better. Instead of working to better his pocketbook.

Actually, I've been thinking about this and I still don't know for sure as I didn't see everything happen. But, Ms. Hill leaving early, after I found out what happened didn't look very good for her.

Had someone done that to me like that. I'd been fighting mad! I'd been shooting right back with rebuttal. I sure wouldn't have left. At the very least. I would have said something to the effect that I not even going to dignify those accusations with a response. Made a quick explanation about my own credibility. But I sure wouldn't have left mid stream. Even if I had previously had some place else I was supposed to be. I'd stayed just because of the appearance. That may have been her greatest mistake. Leaving immediately after that. At least that's the spin I'm being fed. I haven't actually seen what happened yet. So I’ll know for sure either way once I actually see it on channel 17.

Ted,
i agree with you on the council vs the mayor. he will not change, nor get along with others.

But I can only hope you are right about the damage Ms Poplar may have caused to the working relationship amongst the concil members.

of course, Ms Hill, being 4-square behind the Mayor; and Ms Poplar being on the mayor's shitlist; there may have been a strained relationship anyway.

I'm thinking though, casting any member[s] as racist is probably something thats going to be hard to swallow and put behind. Everyone will be guarded from now on...suspicious; frankly I got to believe the trust in one another has got to be damaged.

Hope you are right, but I'm not betting on it being sooner than later.

Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:06 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: