FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Jackie Poplar Plays the race card!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

As Larry and John predicted the race card has been played!!

Jackie claims Sandy said the word NIGGER and Gonzales lives in a silver slipper?? I guess she couldn't call Gonzales a racist because he is not white?

http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-40/1165938653297990.xml&coll=5&thispage=1

Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:21 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Phil

She needs to resign, she looks like a drag queen.
Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:11 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Phil schreef:
She needs to resign, she looks like a drag queen.

so what constitutes the appearance of an acceptable political leader?

a morbidly obese white guy, middle-age to senior citizen age? thinning or little hair, gray or silver. Clean shaven? beard or moustache?

Enquiring minds want to know Phil.

What are the odds of anyone meeting the above criteria being elected from Poplar's ward anyway?

No, yo uare projecting your filters and biases onto others. They aren't you. They are different, apparently in almost everyway.

Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:31 pm 
fmrflintteach

Which BLACK person in Flint doesn't play the race card? Look at the disarray the FCS are in! Why? Because birds of a feather flock together. Hiring practices and promotions within the district need to be closely looked at! That district is going downhill fast because someone did play the race card!
Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:28 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

At the council meeting Hill made no denial of using the n word. I haven't seen the evidence myself but Poplar has a lot of credibility and I think most everyone believed her. This council meeting had an interesting feel to it. Buchanan seems to be losing control. if Buchanan gets recalled I expect all hell to break loose. Eric Mays Really got the crowd going. He might have delivered his all time best speach, Buchanan threatened to take some people to court but nobody really seems to take him seriously anymore. It's kind of sad because I think he had so much potential.
Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:29 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

Was this meeting videotaped? I want to see it.
Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:07 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

I will have it posted as soon as it is played on ch 17.

Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Chad

Best council meeting since "double dipper" J. Coleman, the Weasel and the old cast of the Soap Opera were going down

I wont be shocked if theres not a Christmas Brawl... and the show goes on

Lets call it "THE YOUNG AND THE EXPLOITERS"
Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:59 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Every Meeting is Taped. It should air next Saturday and monday.

By the time I spoke. I was so far out of what was going on for that meeting. It was if I hadn't been there for the Meeting. Well i wasn't. I stuck to what I wanted to talk about. I can't wait to see what everyone else had to say.
Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:45 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
John

Its sad ignorant black people use that excuse all the time.
Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:50 pm 
Sandy Hill

Yes, Adam I did deny it. You can read it in the Journal. When Jackie made the acusation I was shocked that she would sink that low to use her race to distract the attention from her to me. As I have stated before I warned Jackie in May that taking money for any reason was illegal. You can defend her to the end but you do no know the facts. The only councilpeople that were verbally attacked at the meeting were the ones that had the guts to take a stand and state that what she did was wrong no matter how you look at it.
Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:37 am 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:57 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

If you were so opposed to it and thought it was wrong, then why did you and Gonzales vote for the license after she had stated that the businesses had given the money for the scholarships?
Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I think you should have said something at the meeting. Although it's good you have a great relationship with the Flint Journal not denying things at the council meeting and leaving before the meeting is over I think you took a hit. I would like to know more of the details but that will probably never happen. In addition, I think Jackie does have a point that no one on the council said anything in public when she publicly explained the wrongdoing she committed. Anyways it's good that you are on here. I'd really recommend speaking out strongly next meeting. I think it would make Jackie and the communtiy feel better. Do you know what "evidence" she has against you?
Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:27 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Why should Ms Hill say anything at the next meeting , she did not make the allegations Ms Poplar did.

Instead I challenge Ms Poplar to prove the allegations or make an public apology to Ms Hill.

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
As Larry and John predicted the race card has been played!!

Jackie claims Sandy said the word NIGGER and Gonzales lives in a silver slipper?? I guess she couldn't call Gonzales a racist because he is not white?

http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-40/1165938653297990.xml&coll=5&thispage=1

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:59 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: