FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Jackie Poplar - meeting in question
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I think I just remembered the meeting where Jackie voted to approve the liquor licenses in question. I believe she gave a speech before she voted. In the speech she said that she was voting yes because the liquor stores had agreed yes to put $500 each into a scholarship fund and she was happy to get something out of this because if the council denied the request the appeal would go to the state and the state would probably grant the transfer. I'm not sure if she said she was going to put the money in or not but anyways this would have been right in front of the city attorney. Shouldn't this have raised suspicion from the city attorney and shouldn't she have counciled Poplar on this issue? Also wouldn't Ehren Gonzales have known this might be illegal and why isn't he offering to resign for being a party to it if my memory is correct.

I'd like to see the tape on this to see if I am right.
Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:21 pm 
Memories

quote:
Adam schreef:
I think I just remembered the meeting where Jackie voted to approve the liquor licenses in question. I believe she gave a speech before she voted. In the speech she said that she was voting yes because the liquor stores had agreed yes to put $500 each into a scholarship fund and she was happy to get something out of this because if the council denied the request the appeal would go to the state and the state would probably grant the transfer. I'm not sure if she said she was going to put the money in or not but anyways this would have been right in front of the city attorney. Shouldn't this have raised suspicion from the city attorney and shouldn't she have counciled Poplar on this issue? Also wouldn't Ehren Gonzales have known this might be illegal and why isn't he offering to resign for being a party to it if my memory is correct.

I'd like to see the tape on this to see if I am right.

Thats the point she took $500 for a vote, the ethical standards were so low in the room know body realized it was wrong. One saying is that the pathway to hell is paved with good intentions. Its wrong its wrong its wrong.

Mabey we are just numbed by the last 6 years. Mabey we just need to return to good government. Demand it. What is unique about Poplargate is the good intention.

Built into the charter is a standards of conduct board and an ombudsman to create a pressure for good government.
Whats wrong with good government?
Whats wrong with professional standards?

The issue is delivering a vote for consideration. Its wrong.

Terry
Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:01 pm 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:39 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Thats the point she took $500 for a vote, the ethical standards were so low in the room know body realized it was wrong. One saying is that the pathway to hell is paved with good intentions. Its wrong its wrong its wrong.

So then, we must fire all the lobbiest, and the politicians that vote the way lobbiest paid off. I'm all for that! Obviously the System worked. The FBI stepped in. (MY POINT) She asked for guidence! She submitted it to the City Attorney! She announced in open council. NO ONE EVER SAID At the time she was talking about it. There was anything wrong!NO ONE! Including myself. We all should have been syaing something sooner! Espcially those who knew it was wrong! Why did they wait until someone called the FBI and decided to claim it was extrotion.

ALSO, She never took a dime!!
Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:16 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
DELETED

DELETED

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:43 am 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:55 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

THe Whole Systems credibility is one the line. This just shows how poor the whole system is. She did this openly, with the approval of the city Attorney. If the City attorney doesn't find anything wrong, why would you question it any further? She had no criminal intent. She did what she was supposed to do!
Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:59 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
DELETED

DELETED

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:02 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Larry schreef:
AND ITS PERMANENT ITS A MATTER OF WRITTEN RECORD THAT ANY ONE CAN JUST PRINT OUT DO YOU STILL WANT TO BE MAYOR OR HOLD SOME PUBLIC OFFICE< im the guy againts crime unless its one of us > oh ok next fool please what do you think me and john and the rest of the people are just going to spontaniously combust and go away!! no oh hey at your work do you guys sell dickfors? get back to me

Print out anything you want. If you went down to the City received approval to put up a fence. You had asked for permission, had been given permission, it was onfile as asking, it was on file as recorded on video. That you where told it was OK to do. Yet after you put it up, the city decides that your violating a ordinance in that area and you must now tear it down! You Broke the Law by putting up the fence! You were told it was OK, but that doesn't matter! THe convening authority gave you approval. But ti doesn't matter, you have no violated a state law or some crap. Woudln't you want someone to stick up for you?
Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:04 am 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:07 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

If it's so wrong then why didn't the other council members say anything when jackie explained the "extortion" she was committing. Also why didn't the city attorney say anything. If citizens really cared about things like this why don't the come to council meetings or watch them on TV so they could have protested this "extortion" when it happened in the public eye instead of waiting months later to jump on the Flint Journal bandwagon.

It's also amazing we have so many legal experts in Flint that know about this law but don't seem to know jack about the charter, council, mayor etc.
Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:57 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

ATA BOY ADAM. Laughing
Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:47 pm 
Ted and Adam fan club

The new two peas in a pod
Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:52 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted and Adam fan club schreef:
The new two peas in a pod

At least they're not two pod people taking a pee.

we have enough of those already.

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:07 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I see someone is in a pretty Jollful mood.
Post Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:06 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: