FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Mayor restructures police
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Bossman schreef:
What you are apparently overlooking is the fact that there are only 20 detectives investigating all crimes in the City of Flint. So deducing that they are spending 7 weeks per homicide is erroneous...

Interesting.. I'm going to check the numbers. 20 detectives? Covering all the investigations.. That seems just a bit ridiculous! just over 180 officers and 58 sgts. Yet out of all those numbers. You’re saying there are only 20 that are detectives.

So the suggestion by one of the officers to have another rank of detective to help cover some of these investigations wasn't a bad idea? (I'm being sarcastic) It is an excellent idea.

What your saying does make sense. If there are really only 20 detectives. But since the FPD cannot tell anyone how many investigations they do in a year. How can they ever figure out how many detectives we actually need? You and I can look at just the total numbers of crimes reported to the FBI and already deduce that 20 detectives are not enough. How come no one in the position make the changes seems to realize that?

BTW I went down to city hall today. I passed in a six block radius, three police vehicles sitting in parking lots and a forth on patrol. This was 9:00 AM this morning. Why d we have so many cars sitting around downtown. I’ve been told that many evenings that there are only 4 cars patrolling the whole city. I still don’t believe we need more officers. I do believe that the ones we currently have are being completely mismanaged by this administration. Not enough detectives… an over abundance of patrol during the day shift. Seems pretty simple to me… arresting (excuse me) handing out disappearance tickets to criminals caught by police for the same crimes in the same night because they cannot arrest anyone. There are solutions! It just requires someone with the intelligence to make the decision.
Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
pissed off ma ma bear

Just make sure if your a victim of CRIME and you want it properly investigated,,,,,you are a VICTIM outside of the CITY OF FLINT
Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:37 am 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Ted, I just reviewed the detective bureau roster and there are actually 22 detectives actually handling cases. The City will contend that there are potentially as many as 31(unsure how they'll count them), but only actually 22 are actively handling cases. With the 31 number I am including lieutenants.
Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:42 am 

Not all COPS officers want to go the extra mile...Mine wants to.

If something happens in his area say over the weekend, he wants to know so he can follow up. He should have a report of criminal activity in his area.

EX: Attempted robbery..complete description of perp. A week later I see my COPS officer ..Did you know about attempted robbery at this location..?

No, was not shared information as it should have been. My COPS officer then speaks to business owner, has to find report NO# etc. to follow up...investigate.
HMM... NO Detective Needed! (on smaller crimes)

Crime solved unless he is pulled away to other area 911 calls.
My millage pays for my officer in my area.
911 is regular policing paid by other city taxes. Wouldn't mind if this was an exeption to the rule..that he would be pulled away occasionally as needed.

The exception is that he can be in his area. To watch over schools and follow up on incidences that he should have been notified of.
Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:08 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: