FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: DELETED
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
DELETED

DELETED

Post Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:59 pm 
Joe

Ted is a baby, and a loser... Just listen to the guy
Poplar is a crook. she must resign
Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:54 am 
James Bryce

quote:
Joe schreef:

In no other country is the ideal side of public life so ignored by the mass and repudiated by its leaders.

James Bryce
The American Commonwealth

Ted keep it up, some here cannot downloard/run the tweedle dee and tweedle dumb show, post your position please.

and, no internet in 1888, but then how am I here? What a puzzel.
Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:25 am 
Daryll

Ted talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk.
Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:12 am 
LB

quote:
Joe schreef:

I’ve watched Jankowski pontificate at city council. I believe he’s part of the Freeman, Harris, Weighill gang who has a vendetta against Teflon Don. Their defense of Poplar is simply a case of any enemy of my enemy must be my friend.
Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:29 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I think we should have every liquor store pay $500 that we put into a Jackie poplar scholarship fund. For people like Jackie it may be confusing that it is illegal for her to use her power and influence to benefit the children of her ward.
Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:16 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
LB schreef:
quote:
Joe schreef:

I’ve watched Jankowski pontificate at city council. I believe he’s part of the Freeman, Harris, Weighill gang who has a vendetta against Teflon Don. Their defense of Poplar is simply a case of any enemy of my enemy must be my friend.

Are they a formal gang? Is that their name? nothing simple like East Side Pols, or Flintstone Thugz?

what are their colors? any gang signs?

If Poplar "must resign", it isn't because she extorted money. As Ted noted, there is a very public trail of her "program"...no criminal intent. Though what she did is technically unlawful, I believe her when she says she didn't know that, and she relied on some legal opinion that it was ok [whether the city attorney actually understood all the details of the source of the money is questionable].

If anything, she should resign because she's dumber than a post.

But.

If every elected official were to be held to a similar standard..then we'd have a mass exodus of pols resigning. A lot of people think our president is dumber than a post as well.

So let the people she represents decide whether she has what it takes to represent them the next election. I suspect her constituents are no more versed on the law than she, and are probably pleased with her general performance as their council person.

What's more disturbing in all this, to me, is the mayors growing use of the police force to investigate and charge anyone he views as an enemy. can anyone say police state...where the gov't operates by intimidation and coercion? Sounds like he's setting up a special group to generate and charge people/officials with crimes...throw enough mud and see what sticks. Even if nothing does, it will keep the targets busy and focus their attention, energy and $$ away from the main battlefield...governance.

That's truly scary. Wonder if the FJ will comment on it? nawwww..they're too busy trying to find an accommodation with the donald.

Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:20 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I've only got a few minutes, But let me respond in short.

quote:
If Poplar "must resign", it isn't because she extorted money. As Ted noted, there is a very public trail of her "program"...no criminal intent. Though what she did is technically unlawful, I believe her when she says she didn't know that, and she relied on some legal opinion that it was ok [whether the city attorney actually understood all the details of the source of the money is questionable].
Exactly! She went to the City Attorney for advise! The City Attorney Ok'd the deal, Ie the Administration's blessing. There was nothing wrong or illegal. Until Ms. Poplar voted against the Don! Then the DON Machine started to go to work. I’ll bet Ms. Poplar even felt there might be a ethics problem! Thus why she wanted to have the City attorney check it out! When it passed the Very Wise and Learn'rd City attorney. She just went right along with it. I wouldn't be surprised if the idea itself was a Don Idea. But I can't assume that deep into this.

quote:

WHile Yes I belong to the same group. I still am rather independent in my thought and direction that I go. No one controls what I say or do. I offer assistance when it suits me, When I feel it is enough to warrant my support! I will lead when needed and follow when needed. And I've been speaking at council long before the citizens for accountable government formed!

quote:
What's more disturbing in all this, to me, is the mayors growing use of the police force to investigate and charge anyone he views as an enemy. can anyone say police state...where the gov't operates by intimidation and coercion? Sounds like he's setting up a special group to generate and charge people/officials with crimes...throw enough mud and see what sticks. Even if nothing does, it will keep the targets busy and focus their attention, energy and $$ away from the main battlefield...governance.

That's truly scary. Wonder if the FJ will comment on it? nawwww.. they're too busy trying to find an accommodation with the donald.

Now your beginning to see where I've been trying to lead people for months! People for the most part wouldn't accept that this is how Don has been operating from Day ONE! I supported the DON! I VOTED for COUSIN DON! It took me less than three months to figure out what he was really about. I believed him. Because spent two years working at getting the office and paid for it out of his own pocket. I figured he was legit! That he would really hold government accountable. It didn't take me too long to wise up! When he talks about accountability, to him it means “Do you do what I told you to and do it the way I told you!”
Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Tired of Ted

I am tired of Ted, he cries, he wines, he bitches, and never does he try to be pro active.

I want to vote him off the island damn it.
Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:55 pm 
rapunzel

I have seen Ted (jerr-bear) be proactive. He does not cry or whine but states facts( sometimes repeatedly) but facts none the less. So if you have facts to disclaim his. Bring them on.

Without facts YOU will be voted off the Flint talk island.

This of course is left to the great and wonderful; Flintoid moderator.

Peace,
RAP
Post Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:06 am 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:25 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Tired of Ted schreef:
I am tired of Ted, he cries, he wines, he bitches, and never does he try to be pro active.

I want to vote him off the island damn it.

Thanks for the chuckle! It's compltely obvious you don't have a Clue as to what Positive or negative means! Nor do you understand what proactive is either. BTW it's not a just a acne product! LOL
Post Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

This is why no one under stands Gen X. They don't even understand what they are saying!
Post Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:59 pm 
Visitor

Good thing we have Aaron Gonzales. He is the only one standing up and demanding Poplar resign. If it were Sandy Hill that extorted money from these businesses, the same people supporting Poplar would be asking Hill to resign. This is all politics. Wrong is wrong no matter how you spin it.
Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:12 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Again, another Clueless unsubstative Gen X'er. Lost in thier own reality! They didn't even take the time to make sure of whom they were talking about! least wise spell their name right!
Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:27 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: