FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Water treatment project turned down by council

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
if it smells like...

could any of you council types tell me why funding for the feed system project at the water pollution plant was turned down at the last meeting?
council voted on it and it passed 4-2. but to get funding it needs 5 votes. 2 people did not vote. since it got more yes's than no's it cant be brought up to council again for 2 months. if it failed or tied, it could have been brought up again next month.
problem with the delay is that this is one of those projects that needs to be completed by july 1st or so, or the state will fine the city more money. it is all part of the million or so dollars in fines the city may or may not have to pay that is mentioned in connection to mr. miscow. he signing the state report without proper licensing and other requirements dealing with the incineration of waste are currently not being met. hence state fines.
the feed system project is supposed to meet the state's requirements and new regulations and needs to be completed ASAP.
now, about the money. yes, the amount is around 1.2 to 1.5 MILLION dollars, but finally the sewer fund money has a chance to be spent to treat waste and not be borrowed from for other city uses(i,e, balance the budget). state law says that money has to be paid back anyway(not a very balanced fix in the long run). it is a very well funded fund, the sewer fund i hear, so the money should not be the issue.
so i dont know if it is just the council not approving it because the mayor does or they do not see the big picture or lack vision orwhat.
I seek more information.
help if you can,
thank you .
Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:56 pm 
DAHH

Dumb Council people, we need RECALLS ON THEM.
Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:37 pm 
treadingwater

wow.. one comment.
no surpise really. the wastewater plant hasn't been visited by a mayor or councilperson in nearly 20 years.
i just wish council would invest some amount of time in an unbiased decision before they vote down a proposal that would have an influence beyond their term of service
Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:28 pm 
Abigail

meridia I am a moron SPAMMER propecia I need to die! ultram
Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:54 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: