FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Council rules in Patsy Lou case? The $100,000.oo Joke!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here is the story from TV 12:
After months of investigative hearings, the Flint City Council took action Monday night on possible campaign law violations by some city employees.

The council had been trying to determine if city resources were used on the Patsy Lou Williamson State Senate campaign.

Council voted in favor of sending their findings to the attorney general and Secretary of State's office for further investigation.

Council came to this decision after listening to hours of public comments on a variety of issues.

Many council members said the investigative hearings show there was improper use of city resources and city employees for Patsy Lou Williamson's Senate campaign.

Some employees under Mayor Don Williamson's administration also came under fire.

There was talk of the council moving forward with the process of trying to terminate Flint Parks Director Bob Cook. But no action was taken on that matter.

Overall, there was overwhelming agreement that further investigation is needed by the state.

Also, council voted in favor of holding an investigative hearing on the Sugar Maple Farms subdivision, which is a Flint subdivision that was stalled for several years because of a political war over water.

The new property owner says he's been trying to get a building permit with little cooperation from the city.

Also, all council members agreed to take $5,000 each from their own park fund to reopen the Haskell Community Center which was shut down several months ago.

In the meantime, there is no word yet when the investigative hearings into the Sugar Maple Farms subdivision will begin.

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=local&id=4800948

Post Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:05 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

According to a reliable source, when everyone is paid it the bill will be over $100,000.oo.

One of you podium jockeys should ask how much is too much?? Sounds like a job for CFAG!

Why didn't the council pass the case on to the state or the DA office?? Why ?..because there was nothing there just like Sugar Maple Farms.

How much do you think the council will waste on the hearings into the Sugar Maple Farms subdivision??

Post Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

That is a great question.... How much is too much?

As long as we are checking the cost of attorney's, we should ask about all of the cases pending. How much money has been spent to stop development at Sugar Maple Farms? How much money has been spent by the Administration to continue fighting the class action sewer lawsuits? How much money was spent to defend the Mayor after he arrested the Journal Carrier? How much money has been spent to defend the City after the Mayor canceled the Contract with Complete Towing? How much did the Mayor spend on fighting the Police Detectives in letting them take the vehicles home? How much was spent in arbitration with the Police Department? Gee whiz, the list just goes on and one. And let's be fair here, we should only include the costs since the Mayor has been in office.

And when we are done adding up the attorney fees, then let's add up all of the costs of settlement for these cases!

As for the Campaign stuff, the Prosecuting Attorney has already recused himself from this case as has the Sheriff. They have defered to the AG and the SOS. So the Council, in a 6-0 vote, did the right thing in sending it to the State.

As for the Sugar Maple issue, don't take our word for it. I would suggest that everyone go to the Court House, look at the records for the case, and see it for yourself. Right there in black and white. Read what these folks had to say when they didn't know that they were being taped and then read what they have to say in their depositions. Complete opposites! But again, don't take my word for it, read the court records.
Post Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:23 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

We can also save money by not doing proper murder investigations. We might be saving a couple $100,000 a year by not doing full murder investigations and that's just murder investigations. There are many other citizens complaints that we don't investigate as well. This saves us more money. In other words enforcing things like laws and constitutions does sometimes cost money the alternative is anarchy or dictatorship. We could make Don Williamson supreme ruler and get rid of the charter, city council and ordinances and let King Don do whatever he pleases. That would save us some money except that we would need to change our courts system becuase we are already getting sued on a monthly basis as it is thanks to Don's "money saving" efforts.
Post Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:10 pm 
rapunzel

The mayor has Re-elect signs up. This was permissible during election due to wording on campaign laws. He wasn't even running yet?

The signs should have came down until how many days prior to election? I think 20 or 30? I have this on file...somewhere.

What in fenton... they are argueing the size of the signs. This is blatant.

Who will enforce the ordinance...hahahahah

only in Flint!
Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:45 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Who's doing the don't re-elect don Williamson signs? lol Maybe people should start putting them up now.

Do we really enforce any ordinances in Flint other than the one we use to steal people's cars?
Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:51 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
As for the Sugar Maple issue, don't take our word for it. I would suggest that everyone go to the Court House, look at the records for the case, and see it for yourself. Right there in black and white. Read what these folks had to say when they didn't know that they were being taped and then read what they have to say in their depositions.

Josh, I wouldn't pay Steve no mind. He seems to every now and then say silly things like that in an attempt to flame!

Just look at his statements. No Truth, NO Facts, It's like reading the Flint Journal. Half the facts twisted in order to create controversy. The Campaign Violations were obvious. YOu didn't need to listen to investigation to know that City Parks employees were told to go well over and past the call of duty for fixing up a park for a campaign party.

Even the half hearted reporting by the Flint Journal pointed out that Williamson Campaign workers that worked for the City were the only ones that actually worked on the park or were asked to work Overtime. Then the city paid out HOW MANY TENS OF THOUSANDS in union greivenences over that?

What is sad is how citizens just accept abuse of power and wasting of thier tax dollars as part of Government!

But here also, Steve doesn't Live in Flint either! And we all know how many experts there are on Flint that don't care what OUR tax Dollars are blown away on!
Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dale

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:
That is a great question.... How much is too much?

As long as we are checking the cost of attorney's, we should ask about all of the cases pending. How much money has been spent to stop development at Sugar Maple Farms? How much money has been spent by the Administration to continue fighting the class action sewer lawsuits? How much money was spent to defend the Mayor after he arrested the Journal Carrier? How much money has been spent to defend the City after the Mayor canceled the Contract with Complete Towing? How much did the Mayor spend on fighting the Police Detectives in letting them take the vehicles home? How much was spent in arbitration with the Police Department? Gee whiz, the list just goes on and one. And let's be fair here, we should only include the costs since the Mayor has been in office.

And when we are done adding up the attorney fees, then let's add up all of the costs of settlement for these cases!

As for the Campaign stuff, the Prosecuting Attorney has already recused himself from this case as has the Sheriff. They have defered to the AG and the SOS. So the Council, in a 6-0 vote, did the right thing in sending it to the State.

As for the Sugar Maple issue, don't take our word for it. I would suggest that everyone go to the Court House, look at the records for the case, and see it for yourself. Right there in black and white. Read what these folks had to say when they didn't know that they were being taped and then read what they have to say in their depositions. Complete opposites! But again, don't take my word for it, read the court records.

Josh Free you should really try to be more pro active about things. You lost the race, people in your ward thought you did a shitty job. And I must admit you did a shity job. So why keep fueling the fire? This sounds like sour grapes to me, Josh Freeman upset he lost. So get over it, move on boy!
Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:53 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

Gee Whiz... I heard you the first time Dale... did you really have to repeat 3 times.... golly!
Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:03 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Dale I think people thought that the new council would be the savior of the city and "work together". Hopefully people have come to realize the mayor is the problem. Josh also was blasted out of the water with shady if not illegal campaign tactics. In addition it's hard to get your message out when you are outspent 10-1. It wouldn't surprise me if Josh gets back on the council next time. It took me about 1 or two meetings with this new council to realize we weren't really going anywhere.
Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:37 pm 
Ted J

Good Observation Adam,

The poeple didn't think he did a shitty Job. THey were told he was stealing the City's Money. ANd then because he didn't have enough people to mow everyone in the Ward's Yards, he couldn't really afford to buy those votes.

Hmmm, Proactive. I'm wondering if you even have a clue as to what the meaning of the word is? Try the dictionary! He's been pretty proactive on many issues. Including the last three big ones dealing with the Don''s misuse and abuse of our tax dollars. Instead of Whinning over wether there is dissagreement. How about helping to hold government accountable
Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:44 pm 
rapunzel

I am a 4th ward resident. Josh returned my calls /emails networked with me to join/ collaborate community orgs. I am a voter in the fourth ward and I know darn well Josh Freeman was a strong rep. he worked for my community and was not purchased!

There are a few do-ers in communities, they are a group that attend many functions. There are also non-doers that complain and want to be serviced. Both pay taxes and deserve results.

Some of us including Council people will ride on the back of garbage trucks and pick Up trash. Some council people can organize a whole group to come together for a common cause.

It takes many do-ers to take up the slack for non-doers. Josh is good at finding the do ers! Those that will show up and get the job done! In this way we can make stonger communities!

People in my ward did not think he did a shitty Job! The do ers voted for Josh -many many did not vote as they had signs put in thier yards without being asked. Those signs were in the trash on the next pick up day.

What is done is done- but as a voter... I have never seen such blatant abuse of campaign laws than what occurred in the 4th ward.

I am not sour, I will work with current council to work towards the betterment of my community.

Peace,
RAP
Post Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:16 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: