FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Things not happening in Downtown Flint this Holiday Season

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-3/1164281817140510.xml&coll=5

LAPEER - An annual candle walk and tree lighting event Dec. 1 at the Historic Courthouse Square downtown will kick off the holiday season.

Luminaria will brighten downtown streets and strolling carolers will entertain from 5:30-8 p.m., said Pat Bellinger, coordinator of the Downtown Business Association.

The annual tree lighting will be at 6:30 p.m.

Dec. 1 also is opening night for the Lapeer Community Theatre's production of "The Christmas Angel" at the Pix Theatre. Also, the Lapeer Art Association will celebrate the one-year anniversary of Gallery 194, next to the Pix, with refreshments and music from 5:30-8 p.m.

Lapeer County Bank and Trust will provide free hot chocolate and, along with the DBA, sponsor free horse-drawn carriage rides. Bags stuffed with shopping information and randomly placed $10 gift certificates will be handed out by the DBA, Bellinger said.

On Saturday, the Lapeer Area Chamber of Commerce will host the "Holly, Jolly Christmas" parade at 11 a.m. Entry fees and gifts collected during the parade will benefit Christmas for Lapeer County Kids.

Santa Claus will again meet boys and girls in his house in the courthouse square.

Actually, Santa will greet children starting Friday from 1-8 p.m., and through Dec. 23 will be available from 5-8 p.m. Wednesday-Friday and noon-5 p.m. Saturdays. Santa is off Sunday-Tuesday. Pictures may be purchased for $4.

Many downtown stores will be open for extended hours during the holidays.

"Last year was cold and snowy," Bellinger said. "This is really a hometown, old-fashioned celebration."
Post Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:33 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

We don't know if anything is planned or not. The Don hasn't updated his press releases since Nov 2004. http://www.cityofflint.com/news/news_release.asp
Post Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Speaking of which. Did you read the last one about fiscal responsibility... LOL
Post Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
iamlunchlady

The decorations look nice. Are the colored bulbs in the arches yet?
Post Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:35 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Lunch lady you should have an event at your place. You could do a press release in the Flint Journal. Are they really going to put colored bulbs in the arches. That would be cool. It's too bad the artwalks are done. We should have a Christmas Carol artwalk or something. lol
Post Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:31 pm 
iamlunchlady

That is a good idea, Adam. I think a caroling artwalk would be cool. When we get more storefronts downtown it would be nice to have them all decorated with holiday displays and have a holiday walk, with hot cocoa and carolers etc. (hopefully next year)
The artwalks go all year the free fridays (Flint Clubs addition) are during the good weather months. Maybe Flint Club would help us organize a holiday event this year, they are good at last minute events.
Post Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:11 pm 
rapunzel

Lunch Lady a Downtown Holiday Walk is a great idea!!!

The first annual?

Some of us will not be attending any events at the cultural center.

Peace,
Rap
Post Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:14 pm 
Former Flint Teach

Nothing happening in Downtown Flint this holiday. Sad
Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:33 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Former Flint Teach schreef:
Nothing happening in Downtown Flint this holiday. Sad

since you left town, teach, there's no more reason to go on.

sniff.....sniff...

Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:00 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: