FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Williamson is Plum Crazy!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Al Garcia

As usual for Flint, The mayor makes some wild charges against 2 members of the city counsel including sexual misconduct and nobody even bats an eye on this site or the mlive site.
Are you people just numb to these type of alligations or is this the norm? Just what type of "criminal investigation" can Don be running? Is "Big Bird" Joe Conroy checking all the bathroom stalls for inappropriate behaviors?
Why arent people banging on the doors of city hall demanding to know whats going on? Why is it the mayor who "controls" when this type of information is made public to the taxpayers of the city of Flint?
Who the hell died and made him king? Come on Flint....wake up!
Here is a perfect chance for one of the "wet behind the ears" young guns to take charge.
I want to hear what Dayne or Dale have to say onthis issue. Why arent you guys demanding to know whats going on? Which one is ready to take Dandy Don head on? Who is ready to discuss REAL issues that effect the people of Flint.
I know that both of you care deeply about Flint. I know that I know more about the two of you then you know about me. Maybe I need to come home and work for one of you. It's to bad that most of Flint is afraid of the truth.
Maybe I missed my true calling.
Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:05 pm 
rapunzel

maybe you need to put up or shut up? mr. garcia

If you are ready to Come home and discuss real issues then do so. We welcome you!

until then ...those of us living the dream will address issues and continue to let non-issues fall by the way side until proven.

You have been called...show your cards or fold.

peace,
RAP
Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:26 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Uhmmm, WOuld you care to provide a link? I didn't see that in the Urninal... It cannot be true. Unless Channel 12 (Don Vision) or the Flint Urninal (Don's Rag) report it. It cannot be true. I haven't heard a thing about this. Got something I can read about?
Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Al Garcia

Good one Rap.
Show my cards or fold?? I didnt even know I was invited to the table.
I truely believe that Don's "investigation" really will be non-issues. My issue with that is , What pocesses man man to even make these type of statements in the first place?
My other issue is Why isnt the two young leaders that want Don's job challenging him? Is it to early to start that? Desperate times call for desperate measures. You need to get as much free air time as you can.
Why arent the citizens of Flint outraged that the mayor would even make these accusations. Don's a big guy, he cant hide behind the likes of Ehren Gonzales and Sandy Hill for to long. Get some of his stuffed puppets out of the way and some of the egg will stick on Don's face, I guarentee it! "Teflon" Don cant handle the presurre when you talk meat and potatoes issues. Sure, he will talk about clean streets, mowed city grass and freshly painted parks until youre blue in the face. Dont actually expect him to come up with a real plan for jobs, improving our schools or hiring a "real" police chief. Maybe if we yell at a paperboy or accuse city officals of sexual wrongdoing, people will forget about the real problems. Then come reelection time, all my opponents will be afraid of me and I can throw my own millions into the election and win reelection.
So Rap....you can say youre "living the dream" but it seems more like a "nightmare" to me.
Im not quite sure Im ready to "put up" and move back home....One thing is definate, as long as things are as they are in Flint, I'll never shut up!
As the country star Kenny Rogers once said "You need to know when to walk away...and when to run!"
PEACE and hope you and yours had a Happy Turkey Day!
Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:08 pm 
Al Garcia

AMAZING...Im over a 1000 miles away and Im the only one to know about this? Guess it didnt make the front page of the Journal!
Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:15 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Ok You've heard it from accross the country... where can I get the story? I'd love to post it on my website. But I only use documentation.
Post Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:57 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-40/1164281744140510.xml&coll=5

2 council members target of probe -- mayor
FLINT
THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION
Thursday, November 23, 2006
By Marjory Raymer
mraymer@flintjournal.com • 810.766.6325
FLINT - It's another whodunit from Mayor Don Williamson.

Two unnamed City Council members are under criminal investigation, he said Tuesday. One is supposedly being investigated for allegedly trading city assets for sexual favors with a woman.

He released no information on the other alleged case and said details will be made public after Thanksgiving.

"Two council people ... have big trouble," Williamson said. "They must think they are immune from prosecution."

It's unclear who's conducting the supposed investigations. Genesee County Prosecutor David S. Leyton said he was unaware of any allegations against City Council members and that no police agencies have contacted him in the matter.

It's not the first time Williamson has accused the council of doing something illegal, and council members reacted mostly with boredom to his pronouncement.

"The mayor loves attention. He'll (say) anything to get attention," said 9th Ward Councilman Scott Kincaid.

Williamson previously has accused City Council members of accepting bribes, previous administrations of corruption and retirees of padding their pensions.

He made the recent revelation at the end of a news conference on city legal issues Tuesday.

"It's a diversionary tactic to divert attention away from his administration," said 6th Ward Councilman Sheldon Neeley, who also suggested Williamson instead investigate why the city hasn't named a permanent police chief, one of many points of contention between the council and the mayor.

Other council members, including Sandy Hill and Carolyn Sims, said they couldn't really comment because they didn't know what or whom Williamson is talking about.

Of course, Williamson isn't alone in talking about investigations.

The City Council investigated Williamson's wife earlier this year over allegations that Patsy Lou Williamson's campaign for state Senate benefited from city resources.

Journal staff writer Bryn Mickle contributed to this report.
Post Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:19 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Thank you, I've already added my comments to my website on this. Thanks. http://www.cityofflint.net/can_you_believe_anything.htm
Post Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:18 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

I think that part of the problem with the non-response from the community is that we have been down this road before.... When I was on Council we were all under a grand-jury investigation.... we had jail cells waiting for us... we were all drug addicts... drunks... adulterers... I think he said that Scott was a pimp on Dort Hwy.... It gets old and people just kind-of expect it from him, saying that he is a crazy old man...

Why don't people stand-up outraged? Wow.. what a great question! My standing up got labeled as bickering and fighting by the media. Instead of the media doing an investigation into the issues that we were "fighting and bickering" about (no-bid contracts, crime, no police chief, using public property/assest for personal gain, losing millions in HUD money, refusing to pay legitimate expenses incurred by the City Clerk like the audit, issuing executive orders barring Council members from talking with City employees and threatening them with dismissal if they do, etc, etc) the media took the easy road and talked about the "fighting." What a great service to the public.

Hopefully, folks in this City are a little smarter than we think. I think that they are coming to the conclusion that there is definately more to running a city than paving the streets. Perhaps they are quiet now, but come election day, less than one year away, they will go to the polls and send this old degenerate back to the corner of Corunna and Linden.
Post Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:31 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Chad

CURVE - The key word
Compared to Woody, The DON gets an A+
People may vote on that curve
Post Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:50 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

Last time I checked though, "Woody" had not entered the race. Frankly, I don't think that he will. I hope that with a list of credible candidates, Sir Don will lose.
Post Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I have to agree with Josh. My first response was: "Here we go again". Time & resources that could be used for the good of the city are being wasted by petty bickering, by both sides in some cases. My personal opinion is that Don's losing a lot of the support he had. The paving and cleanups have really helped, but........................

The Police "plan"
The "investigations"
Hiring Larry Ford & Herb Cleaves
Closing Haskell

You're blowing it, Don.

I'll add that I take the Haskell closing kind of personally. It's in my neighborhood; our block club was meeting there. Why no advance notice? Why Haskell and no other community center? No money? Then why were there no cuts at the other centers? There was an article in the Journal the other day about all the great programs at Hasselbring. This morning (Sunday) about 11:30, we drove by Berston. It was open, with several cars parked in front and activities going on. Why is Haskell closed? Is the mayor mad at Jackie Poplar? The message is being sent that someone doesn't care about this area. They (whoever) don't care if the kids in this area have nowhere to go but the streets.

Politics disgusts me. Too many people care more about their personal agendas, their own egos, "power & prestige" than they do about the people as a whole. If a candidate wants my vote, they have to show me they're more interested in ordinary folks than "playing the game".

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Why does it surprise so many people that the DON does this stuff? He hates Flint! He has no reguard for the citizens or pride in the city. And people still defend him.
Post Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:15 pm 
Al Garcia

Still no response from the "young gun mayor wannabes". Where are Dale and Dayne? You would think that these two would know that the grass roots start right here in front of a keyboard!
HEY GUYS, THESE ARE THE PEOPLE YOU NEED....EITHER ONE CAN BEAT TEFLON DON! GET ON THESE SITES MORE OFTEN AND SPREAD YOUR SEEDS!!
I Challenge either one of you to be the first on here to repond!
At least Ryan Eashoo comes on this site.....Doesnt really offer a damn thing but at least he comes on here.
WHO IS GONNA BE FIRST TO RESPOND? YES, THIS IS A CHALLENGE!
Post Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:21 pm 
rapunzel

Your challenge is nothing but a bluff from 1000 miles away.

You showed your cards Mr. Garcia, kinda lacked your flush.

Why don't you do what the citizens of Maine are paying you to do.

In Flint your challenge is a dead hand. Rolling Eyes

RAP
Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:04 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: