FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: We need quality candidates
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

What can we do to recruit quality candidates for the school elections?

Last edited by terrybankert on Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Joe

So basically we need to educatee da blacks
Post Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:15 am 
Hey Joe Wilson

quote:
Joe schreef:

So the following would be the educated whites?

2 council members target of probe -- mayor

FLINT
THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITIONThursday, November 23, 2006
By Marjory Raymermraymer@flintjournal.com • 810.766.6325

FLINT - It's another whodunit from Mayor Don Williamson.
Two unnamed City Council members are under criminal investigation, he said Tuesday. One is supposedly being investigated for allegedly trading city assets for sexual favors with a woman.

He released no information on the other alleged case and said details will be made public after Thanksgiving.

"Two council people ... have big trouble," Williamson said. "They must think they are immune from prosecution."

It's unclear who's conducting the supposed investigations. Genesee County Prosecutor David S. Leyton said he was unaware of any allegations against City Council members and that no police agencies have contacted him in the matter.

It's not the first time Williamson has accused the council of doing something illegal, and council members reacted mostly with boredom to his pronouncement.

"The mayor loves attention. He'll (say) anything to get attention," said 9th Ward Councilman Scott Kincaid.

Williamson previously has accused City Council members of accepting bribes, previous administrations of corruption and retirees of padding their pensions.

He made the recent revelation at the end of a news conference on city legal issues Tuesday.

"It's a diversionary tactic to divert attention away from his administration," said 6th Ward Councilman Sheldon Neeley, who also suggested Williamson instead investigate why the city hasn't named a permanent police chief, one of many points of contention between the council and the mayor.
Other council members, including Sandy Hill and Carolyn Sims, said they couldn't really comment because they didn't know what or whom Williamson is talking about.

Of course, Williamson isn't alone in talking about investigations.

The City Council investigated Williamson's wife earlier this year over allegations that Patsy Lou Williamson's campaign for state Senate benefited from city resources.
Post Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:34 am 
Hey Joe Wilson

quote:
Joe schreef:

So the following would be the educated whites?

2 council members target of probe -- mayor

FLINT
THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITIONThursday, November 23, 2006
By Marjory Raymermraymer@flintjournal.com • 810.766.6325

FLINT - It's another whodunit from Mayor Don Williamson.
Two unnamed City Council members are under criminal investigation, he said Tuesday. One is supposedly being investigated for allegedly trading city assets for sexual favors with a woman.

He released no information on the other alleged case and said details will be made public after Thanksgiving.

"Two council people ... have big trouble," Williamson said. "They must think they are immune from prosecution."

It's unclear who's conducting the supposed investigations. Genesee County Prosecutor David S. Leyton said he was unaware of any allegations against City Council members and that no police agencies have contacted him in the matter.

It's not the first time Williamson has accused the council of doing something illegal, and council members reacted mostly with boredom to his pronouncement.

"The mayor loves attention. He'll (say) anything to get attention," said 9th Ward Councilman Scott Kincaid.

Williamson previously has accused City Council members of accepting bribes, previous administrations of corruption and retirees of padding their pensions.

He made the recent revelation at the end of a news conference on city legal issues Tuesday.

"It's a diversionary tactic to divert attention away from his administration," said 6th Ward Councilman Sheldon Neeley, who also suggested Williamson instead investigate why the city hasn't named a permanent police chief, one of many points of contention between the council and the mayor.
Other council members, including Sandy Hill and Carolyn Sims, said they couldn't really comment because they didn't know what or whom Williamson is talking about.

Of course, Williamson isn't alone in talking about investigations.

The City Council investigated Williamson's wife earlier this year over allegations that Patsy Lou Williamson's campaign for state Senate benefited from city resources.
Post Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:34 am 
rapunzel

The FC school board has nothing to do with the Mayor. They are autonomous- self governing.

Education issues can have a stong impact on the prospects of the community. The community, overcrowded jails etc. can not be addressed without first addressing Education.

The jail facilities are in better condition than our public schools.Many in the jails have a fifth grade education.

Proposal A addressed per pupil funding. Legislative officials were to come back to the table to address facilities.

The lottery was intended to pay for education but instead of added to general fund it was a set aside. School aid fund no longer has many contribitors. The facilities have yet to be addessed.

In areas with economic growth new school buildings arise , in areas like Flint 1920's asbestos filled buildings are the norm. Simple modifications are done but state of the art education and clean air compatible - efficiency they are not! Reach for the apple with both hands tied behind your back! don't breathe cause it may kill you.

People say with millions in lottery profits going to schools, why do they need more funds?

I encourage you to look at the budget for FCS . We have about a $ 245,777,847. budget (old numbers)the whole state lottery doesn't go far!

new budget # should be coming soon. With the loss of 1800 students no way can the budget balance!

Dr. Chow once told me all education programs are needed but you have to choose the priorities you can afford. I would give my world to have Dr. Chow back at the helm.
You can only go forward, never back. So we must go forward and so we will -for the children- not the union. Some of us must stand up for the children- and so we will. Not for the board, Not for admin but for the children- it is thier future.

RAP*
Post Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:47 am 
James

Here is who needs to run, and run as a TEAM.

1.) Kathy Ellwood

2.) Ryan Eashoo

3.) Terry Bankert

4.) Raymond Hatter

5.) Anyone but the current people on that board.
Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:03 am 
rapunzel

Team- not always good. Pick the one you want and vote only one.

Paul Jordan is an exceptional board member. He communicates- listens and follows thru. He will bring up your concerns for answers. If they are not answered fully he brings it back up to admin. "The community asked this question at the last meeting, where is their answer?" In 8 years I have never seen such an accessable board member, he is learning and will bring the most promise.

Henry Hatter has great common sense and has his eye on the money. Our children's money and how it will best benefit our children. Good Guy!

Kathy Ellwood is working behind the lines to accomplish much for our children. Just the hint that she might think about running makes the board want to shoot down all that she is doing. Kathy is a great parent Senator and may be able to accomplish more in that aspect- that she does so very well.

Elizondo Barzart-(SP)- I may not have his name correct but this young man is community oriented. He has worked &(volunteered) on many student programs. He is in touch with student needs. I blindsided this poor guy with questions and he had an answer for every one. Up and coming promising candidate.

Ryan Eashoo- has ran for the board or appt. to the board- never seen him show up for interview? Never seen any show that he really wanted the position. Maybe I missed that day- thought maybe he tossed his name out there for recognition?

Harriet Kenworthy- Now can I say Lady Kenworthy- she brought the board into focus for a community foundation. She stepped up in a time when we needed credibility and focus on the board. If there is another like her ...please find her and tell her the children of Flint need her guidance!

Dr. Chow was very budget oriented, We no longer have that fiscal responsibility. We need like a bank president someone that can read a 300,000,000. budget. If we have a super focused on Academics we need a bean counter on the board.

When we had a super focused on Fiscal responsibility, We had no one focused on Academics. Children of Flint need both.

Before you toss out all off the current board...please come to committee meetings. You can not tell anything by the 7pm meetings maybe showmanship of some. Come to the 5:30 sub-committee meetings where the real discussions are www.flintcommunityschools.org will give you the schedule.

Peace,
RAP
Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:42 am 
rapunzel

Corrections to last post- website for Flint Community Schools- www.flintschools.org and
correct name should have said Raymond Hatter not Henry!

5 boardmembers terms expire 6/30/07
Stephanie Robb Martin- was appointed
Herbert Cleaves- was elected
David Doherty- was elected (possibly will not run again)
Tracey Fountain-was appointed
Erika Leverette- was appointed

terms expire in 08
Vera Perry & Joe McMobley

Terms expire in 09
Raymond Hatter & Paul Jordan

Peace,
RAP
Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:55 pm 
Addam

quote:
rapunzel schreef:

Paul Jordan is an exceptional board member. He communicates- listens and follows thru. He will bring up your concerns for answers. If they are not answered fully he brings it back up to admin. "The community asked this question at the last meeting, where is their answer?" In 8 years I have never seen such an accessable board member, he is learning and will bring the most promise.

Henry Hatter has great common sense and has his eye on the money. Our children's money and how it will best benefit our children. Good Guy!

Kathy Ellwood is working behind the lines to accomplish much for our children. Just the hint that she might think about running makes the board want to shoot down all that she is doing. Kathy is a great parent Senator and may be able to accomplish more in that aspect- that she does so very well.

Elizondo Barzart-(SP)- I may not have his name correct but this young man is community oriented. He has worked &(volunteered) on many student programs. He is in touch with student needs. I blindsided this poor guy with questions and he had an answer for every one. Up and coming promising candidate.

Ryan Eashoo- has ran for the board or appt. to the board- never seen him show up for interview? Never seen any show that he really wanted the position. Maybe I missed that day- thought maybe he tossed his name out there for recognition?

Harriet Kenworthy- Now can I say Lady Kenworthy- she brought the board into focus for a community foundation. She stepped up in a time when we needed credibility and focus on the board. If there is another like her ...please find her and tell her the children of Flint need her guidance!

Dr. Chow was very budget oriented, We no longer have that fiscal responsibility. We need like a bank president someone that can read a 300,000,000. budget. If we have a super focused on Academics we need a bean counter on the board.

When we had a super focused on Fiscal responsibility, We had no one focused on Academics. Children of Flint need both.

Before you toss out all off the current board...please come to committee meetings. You can not tell anything by the 7pm meetings maybe showmanship of some. Come to the 5:30 sub-committee meetings where the real discussions are www.flintcommunityschools.org will give you the schedule.

Peace,
RAP

I seen Ryan at two public forums on it, and he did show at the last interview process at the Sarvis Center. I think he would make a great canidate.
Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:35 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Great Candidate for what?
Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:32 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

I think he said Eashoo is a big can of dates...I didn't know dates came in a can.
I prefer figs myself though.

candied or fresh.

Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:48 am 
Joe

Ryan is a loser, crybaby, A.K.A Flint Has Been.
I would vote for Woodrow Stanley.
Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:40 am 
Donald

I say Dayne Walling would be a good can a date
Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:42 am 
rapunzel

ADAM SAYS>>>
"I seen Ryan at two public forums on it, and he did show at the last interview process at the Sarvis Center. I think he would make a great canidate."

I have not been frequent lately at school board. I have attended sub-committee meetings which hold true strong discussions.

I have been a regular school board meeting attendee since 2003. I have never met Ryan Eashoo. Will have to check facts with Mr. C but I am fairly certain RYAN ran for TWO consecutive appointments without showing up for an interview. It maybe it was one appointment and one election that he put his name in and did not attempt to run. In my book if you put your name in the Hat and do not follow thru then you are not worth your salt.

LIKE I said I have never met Ryan so I reserve opinion.

Still as campaign manager that dropped the ball for Kathy that lost to Raymond by few votes I deserve to be shot!

I do like Mr. Hatter, I wanted Kathy to beat Lisa but her campaign manager was asked to do so by strong financial backers.

Lisa was encouraged to make herself absent during the appointment process that would have put Kathy on the board. Good thing I am not face to face with that woman that promised to keep her children in Flint schools and then stepped down after one year. Kathy won the majority vote but lacked one vote to carry.

Lisa stole board membership twice from Kathy. Kathy will not run again as far as I know.

Stephanie Robb Martin will not come down easy it will take at least 5 people to beat her and put her off the board. Impossible.

Recall of board president would take 8000 ? signatures. She was appointed . Can't even compare to countedvotes

RAP
Post Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:07 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Addam schreef:
quote:
rapunzel schreef:

Peace,
RAP

I seen Ryan at two public forums on it, and he did show at the last interview process at the Sarvis Center. I think he would make a great canidate.

Thanks for the kind words, Its not about me but rather getting a better education for our kids. Better schools for them to learn in as well. I won't be able to ever please 100% of the people. I do however make choices that I feel in my heart are the right choices..

I think its great people run for public office. I want more people involved, especially Young people my age or younger.
Post Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: