FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Historical parking lot
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
rapunzel

I took the initiative to paste this on political forum, as this was not a historical decision but a political agenda. The first thursday mentioned is Dec 7th, 2006.

Please attend!!~!
Citizens that care for the houses on Manning street are many. We need to show our numbers.

Ted, can you do an online petition? I believe we could get thousands of online signatures. Provide links and awareness.

Please push this point...that the few elitists can not make a parking lot of Flint History.
Let the citizens speak!

"After a long introspective weekend (sigh)... I've decided NOT to let the "inmates run the asylum"... I will not resign from the City of Flint Historic District Commission, assumed by my fellow (demolition voting, hypocritical) HDC Commissioner. Venting my disgust last Thursday night is only the beginning...

This should be a wake-up call to everyone who actually cares about Flint! The Historic District Commission has a majority that CAN NOT be trusted to live up to their "word" to protect and preserve our tangible history!!!

Please join us every first Thursday of the month at Flint City Hall, 3rd floor at 5:30 p.m. and help support the minority that is left holding the heavy burden of protecting what little historical architecture and Flint culture we have left...

What kind of "cultural center" does not embrace an historic district in the center of their campus?! One I have no interest in supporting! How much more do we have to lose in the name of parking? Pedestrian friendly/walk-able cities not only is good for the health, but also is a proven crime prevention tactic.... Hmmmm, I guess FCCC doesn't have a problem with Flint's #3 rating....

Thank you...[/b] "
Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:59 am 
Josh

The Chairman of the Historic District Commission is Ryan Eashoo, you should call him. HE is very upset about this.
Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:13 am 
Doug

Hold the Press. Didn't Ryann Eashoo vote to tear down the houses? Thats what I was told when I called the Flint Cultural Center to ask if I could have one of the houses.... ??? Please advise????
Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:52 am 
Josh

quote:
rapunzel schreef:
I took the initiative to paste this on political forum, as this was not a historical decision but a political agenda. The first thursday mentioned is Dec 7th, 2006.

Please attend!!~!
Citizens that care for the houses on Manning street are many. We need to show our numbers.

Ted, can you do an online petition? I believe we could get thousands of online signatures. Provide links and awareness.

Please push this point...that the few elitists can not make a parking lot of Flint History.
Let the citizens speak!

"After a long introspective weekend (sigh)... I've decided NOT to let the "inmates run the asylum"... I will not resign from the City of Flint Historic District Commission, assumed by my fellow (demolition voting, hypocritical) HDC Commissioner. Venting my disgust last Thursday night is only the beginning...

This should be a wake-up call to everyone who actually cares about Flint! The Historic District Commission has a majority that CAN NOT be trusted to live up to their "word" to protect and preserve our tangible history!!!

Please join us every first Thursday of the month at Flint City Hall, 3rd floor at 5:30 p.m. and help support the minority that is left holding the heavy burden of protecting what little historical architecture and Flint culture we have left...

What kind of "cultural center" does not embrace an historic district in the center of their campus?! One I have no interest in supporting! How much more do we have to lose in the name of parking? Pedestrian friendly/walk-able cities not only is good for the health, but also is a proven crime prevention tactic.... Hmmmm, I guess FCCC doesn't have a problem with Flint's #3 rating....

Thank you...[/b] "

Lee Ann Barkus does not want those tore down, she is pissed off about it. Why not have an online petition on Flint Talk? Lets get the Laundry Room Guys there to talk about it
Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:56 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I guarantee Ryan didn't vote for it. Can't the houses be moved?
Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:47 pm 
rapunzel

Discussion was had about feasability of moving houses. NO.

These houses are history and culture and even if it were cost and structurally ok. IT IS NOT OK!

This plan has been in the works for years....appointments made to the Historic Commission. The Large remodeling of FIM. Can you say LARGE ATRIUM. The movement of the property oversight from the Board of ED.

The current parking lot is not to far to walk- may need a security gatehouse along path for parents too LAZY to walk children to the door!

I propose a boycott of all buildings/programs in the Cultural Center. Will not attend Holiday Walk, Whiting, Planitarium, Sloan ETC.

I propose someone with tech ability PLEASE start an online petition.

I would willing carry a written petition for signatures if someone can write the language.

ONLY in FLINT would a Historical Commission vote to tear down history for a Parking Lot! can you say Elite Corruption!!

RAP
Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:29 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Demolishing of Manning Court Flint MI Historic District

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Joe

WOW THOSE ARE BEAUTIFUL HOMES!! WOW.

Larry and John you need to continue this, and go interview the FIM, and CINTY ORIENSTIEN AT THE FLINT CULTURAL CENTER CORPORATION! THAT IS BAD, TEAR DOWN DRUG HOUSES NOT BEAUTIFUL HISTORIC HOMES.

RYAN ESHOO VOTED AGAINST THEM BEING TORE DOWN, FIRST ITHOUGHT HE WAS NUTTS FOR DOING IT, NOW I AM GLAD HE DID. GOOD FOR HIM TO HAVE BIG BALLS TO STAND UP TO THE RICH PEOPLES AT THE FLINT MUSIC CENTER.
Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:44 pm 
JOE

quote:
rapunzel schreef:

These houses are history and culture and even if it were cost and structurally ok. IT IS NOT OK!

This plan has been in the works for years....appointments made to the Historic Commission. The Large remodeling of FIM. Can you say LARGE ATRIUM. The movement of the property oversight from the Board of ED.

The current parking lot is not to far to walk- may need a security gatehouse along path for parents too LAZY to walk children to the door!

I propose a boycott of all buildings/programs in the Cultural Center. Will not attend Holiday Walk, Whiting, Planitarium, Sloan ETC.

I would willing carry a written petition for signatures if someone can write the language.

ONLY in FLINT would a Historical Commission vote to tear down history for a Parking Lot! can you say Elite Corruption!!

RAP

I AGREE
Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:45 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
rapunzel schreef:

RAP

Will they put up a historic plaque for the parking lot?..maybe they can use "historical" materials or design features...
like using some of the wood & stone materials from the destroyed homes. That could mitigate the hit to the historic "loss" aspect and at the same time be appealing for the clever use of re-cycling of historic materials. That would make the cultured supporters of the parking lot, feel good about their "cultured" parking lot, rather than the run of the mill asphalt, that has zero cultural or historical profile.

I wasn't planning on attending any of the holiday events anyway. BUT. From now on, I declare my absence is OFFICIALLY because you are replacing homes of historic & cultural value with an historic & cultural parking lot. Or not.
BOOOO fat & lazy cultured, FIM sousaphone players, HOORAY historic homes.

Post Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:12 am 
Bill

Steve Heddy is holding his annual holiday party this year.
The holiday open house is for Flint Institute of Music.
WOW. Talk about a conflict of interest eh?

I say John and Larry should show up and video tape the event.
Post Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:30 am 
GregoryJVanucci
F L I N T O I D

Anyone interested should visit www.eastvillagemagazine.org to read about the Manning Street Houses to be demolished or the Flint Historic District Commission.

The website has photos of some of the Manning Street houses, the city's historic district ordinance, as well as other related stories, opinion pieces and a brief history of the historic district.

Please, send your letters by e-mail to eastvillagemagazine@excite.com, as letters to the editor are encouraged.

The stories speak for themselves. Additional stories are not planned, but are probably inevitable.

P.S., I don't regularly come to this site, as I do not have the internet at home or work. Please, forgive any slowness in responding to you if you attempt to contact me other than through the above mentioned e-mail address.

Last edited by GregoryJVanucci on Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dan

Steve Heddy is a conflict of interest then, isn't he?
Post Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:02 pm 
Dave

quote:
Dan schreef:

Ummm yeah do you think?
Post Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:44 am 
Dave

quote:
Dan schreef:

Ummm yeah do you think That guy is a liar, don't trust Steve Heddy
Post Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:45 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: