FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: New Chief of Police

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
pissed off ma ma bear

I have been doing some research on New York city, and New York city was really cleaned up by the Chief of Police that is now the Chief of Police in L.A. ,,,crime now in L.A. has gone down substancially with this guy in as Chief,,,I believe this to be one of Flints big problems,,,and the Mayor is the one who appoints the Chief, I truely believe if Flint invested in a good strong chief, not one hired from within, have cheifs submit resumes, choose one with strong leadership qualitys, and one that has a proven track record in a city,,,the mayor can demote the chief and get a new one,,,,it is not times to be friends with someone who is not doing a good job,,
Post Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:16 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Very Good! Your getting closer to the Whole Solution!
Post Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
luke sabucco
F L I N T O I D

only problem with that is that flint pays what maybe 60-80k to a chief, in NY and LA there getting 6 figures, if we cant afford a yzerman lets atleast get a bob probert!
Post Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:51 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Why do people underestimate the power of Honor, Duty, neccessitiy? You'd be surprised how many "LEADERS" would take the job and tak on the responsibilty for a fair wage! While we could still get the best people available, without over paying them to do the Job. Hell right now we pay a @#$ a dollar a year to have him lue through his teeth and waste the taxpayers money. All while getting the media and press to protray him as some great savior for the city.
Post Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:16 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
pissed off ma ma bear

oh,,,sorry guys, I accidently posted this twice on here,,,STEVE,,,,can you erase one of them, now everyone is going to know I am blonde,,,
Post Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:31 am 
pissed off ma ma bear

Where is the money going to come from,,,,,well the extra 600 grand they have for mored added police, they could use some of this money to pay a guy with brains enough to know that we need to promote a few more cops as investigative detectives, and a chief who will be man enough to call the State boys in for some help, and a chief who will direct traffic patrol away from seat belt tickets and place thier patrols in high crime neighborhoods,,,heck maybe I should be the Chief
Post Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:35 am 
Darrell

quote:
pissed off ma ma bear schreef:
I have been doing some research on New York city, and New York city was really cleaned up by the Chief of Police that is now the Chief of Police in L.A. ,,,crime now in L.A. has gone down substancially with this guy in as Chief,,,I believe this to be one of Flints big problems,,,and the Mayor is the one who appoints the Chief, I truely believe if Flint invested in a good strong chief, not one hired from within, have cheifs submit resumes, choose one with strong leadership qualitys, and one that has a proven track record in a city,,,the mayor can demote the chief and get a new one,,,,it is not times to be friends with someone who is not doing a good job,,

THE ANSWER IS SIMPLE... GARY HARTLEY..

HE single handedly toke Carriage Town Neighborhood from worst crime rate in the city to one of the safest.... There is a track record there.

HIRE HIM!! GET FLINT CLEANED UP
Post Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:43 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Why is $$ a Problem for this administration? 675,000 more spent on Peterbilt Garabage trucks that brakes go bad within the first three months (but are worth it because thier quality is better than internationals?) 500,000 more spent on Chevy Tahoes for the Police Department becuase spending half a million more on more exspensive, higher maintenance cost Tahoes saves the City Money in the Long run? (If you can figure that one out I've love to understand that one)
Post Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:08 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I'm with Darrell on this one. I do have confidence in Gary Hartley. I also like Brian Williams for deputy chief. Giuliani got rid of the police chief and was able to continue dropping crime with another police chief. I don't think reducing crime is rocket science. To increase crime you need to not solve crimes and not punish criminals. This is the situation we have in Flint. To end this we need to do things like solve murder cases. If you kill someone in Flint your most likely to get away with it unless you're a "victim" of street justice.

I think we need to begin rewarding people for bringing results to Flint and not simply accepting failure. Gary Hartley as police chief would be a good start.
Post Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:21 pm 
pissed off ma ma bear

And the Mayor is the only one who can get rid of the police chief and bring on a new tough leader of the police department, one who will add more detectives to handle the murder cases so that they get solved, it really broke me up watching April Stone me so dissed by the council , her son had not been in trouble for many years, and it does not matter what kind of trouble you are in, or what color you skin is, murders should not get swept under the rug because of,,,,well it was just retaliation, or well he was into drugs to, or well he was a scum bag to,,,,all murders need to be solved,,,after my sons murder, you would not believe how many parents who came up to me and told me how thier children have been murdered in the streets of the city and the case had never been solved,,,,and some others whos cases that have not been solved probably because the kids were on drugs,,,,you know, I remember myself in the 70s , I was a hippi, I did some drugs,,,,does that mean that it would be alright for someone to murder me, and my case should not be solved???????????
Post Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:17 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: