FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Police took Eric Mays from City Hall on Wednesday in cuffs

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Eric Mays has drawn headlines lately with his actions like being removed from meetings, handcuffed by police, and being involved in a bar fight.

"If you kick the dog, I'm gonna growl and bark. If you cut me, don't tell me how to bleed," Mays said.

After police took Eric Mays from City Hall on Wednesday afternoon, council members voted 7 to 1 to ban Mays from meetings for thirty days.

Mays says that's not allowed. He says there is no rule to change that penalty from that one meeting to thirty days.
We checked. Under Section 1-108 of the City Charter, council must give public notice of a hearing to ban a council member at least two weeks before it happens.

Mays says he's disappointed in the disregard for the rules.

"You are six or seven legislators and don't know the rules of public notice and public hearings and processes to enact rules. I wouldn't try to zero in on me. I would just try to learn and be polite and do it the right way," Mays said.

He says his aggressiveness and passion is what gets results for those living in his ward, and he hopes his council colleagues can better understand him and learn from him.

Link:
https://www.abc12.com/content/news/City-councilman-plans-to-stay-vocal-following-arrest-568548211.html?fbclid=IwAR1Gh3WVubmIwF_hbdJ6EUK_lwcdpM6x9TmNwvmKKz-XhEiuHsPHSICdldo

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:40 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: