FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint Concerned Pastors & mayor under attack-Mike Kilbre
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

​​​Flint politics heating up as filing deadline nears for mayor's job; Pastors under fire by community activist for 'playing politics'

IRS laws to earn a tax exempt status ban any pastors from using their churches to support political candidates, and one community activist in the City of Flint is looking for an attorney who wants to help expose law breakers.

Arthur Woodson went public on his Facebook page to make his recent call for legal help after several local pastors staged a press conference protest against individuals critical of Flint's mayor — Dr. Karen Weaver. Woodson has been her No. 1 critic for more than two years.

Woodson, you may recall, is the guy who led a petition drive to get enough signatures to force a recall election mid-way through Mayor Weaver's initial four-year term. She survived by a landslide when getting more votes than 18 others on the ballot against her. Woodson finished fourth in the 2017 election behind Mayor Weaver, long-time Flint City Councilman Scott Kincaid and businessman Don Pfeiffer. "But I had very little money," Woodson said. "I just didn't like the other candidates."

Woodson said on The Morning Gazette Radio Show Monday that he would run again "only if no viable candidate is on the ballot."

He said current state legislator Sheldon Neeley would be a viable candidate and says he knows of at least two others who could mount a strong enough campaign to take out Mayor Weaver later this year. The filing deadline for the August primary is April 23 and Woodson isn't worried that nobody has stepped forward yet to turn in petitions to become an official candidate. The general election is in November for a three-year term.

"There's talk out there," he said. "I'm not going to say any names I've talked to, but there has been talk." It's expected that Woodson may hear from any serious challengers when considering he not only mounted a successful drive to gather petitions with a volunteer group, but was a key part of Mayor Weaver's 2015 election victory by sending an army of supporters against incumbent Dayne Walling in a door-to-door assault.

Mayor Weaver was given a strong endorsement in this space and on The Morning Gazette Radio Show when she unseated Walling in 2015. We didn't like the recall idea at mid-term, but eventually endorsed long-shot Pfeiffer when the recall proposal made it to the ballot. The businessman brought ideas to the table about how to quickly fix the water crisis and how to develop jobs for the community. We were also impressed that he self funded a campaign that cost him more than six figures out of his pocket and probably much more in lost income opportunity while knocking on doors.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:30 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Weaver was given a strong endorsement in this space and on The Morning Gazette Radio Show when she unseated Walling in 2015. We didn't like the recall idea at mid-term, but eventually endorsed long-shot Pfeiffer when the recall proposal made it to the ballot. The businessman brought ideas to the table about how to quickly fix the water crisis and how to develop jobs for the community. We were also impressed that he self funded a campaign that cost him more than six figures out of his pocket and probably much more in lost income opportunity while knocking on doors.

We would declare the mayor unbeatable when considering how much she has in the bank already for a re-election bid. She only raised a fraction of that for her 2015 race — only $55,549.

Woodson isn't impressed by the big dollars in her campaign kitty.

​ "It's not about money," Woodson insisted on our radio show when declaring that he isn't a bit worried that Mayor Weaver's campaign war chest has grown to nearly $300,000 since surviving his recall effort.

Woodson says pastors lining up behind the mayor irks him. He also contends that he is looking for an attorney to help him stop what he calls "many illegal activities not allowed of pastors for their non-profit church organizations"

He says he has made it a crusade to expose them.

"I wish the pastors of Flint were like Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.," he wrote in a recent Facebook post. "I wish they were the kind of pastors that fought for the people, and not for elected officials, or for (themselves). I am not against pastors, but I am against self-righteous and misleading the flock pastors. There will be false prophets out here!!! Lets expose those who are in it for (themselves)."

One immediate personal target of Woodson was Pastor Christopher Martin of Cathedral of Faith Ministries in Flint. He was the pastor who stepped first to the microphone at the recent press conference by local pastors to demand that City Councilwoman Kate Fields, Councilman Allan Griggs and Councilwoman Eva Worthing issue an apology for writing a letter to state officials to complain about tax dollars being illegally used by the mayor and her administration.
Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:34 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The pastors said at last Monday's press conference the mayor and her staff were vindicated by state officials who say they did nothing wrong.

Fields argued at a public city council meeting later on Monday that the investigation is on-going and revealed that she had written a follow-up letter to state officials about how she contends they didn't understand the trio's letter. She contends that Chief Financial Officer Hughey Newsome illegally used water funds to pay for pipe replacements. Newsome, a Harvard grad, resigned last week and blamed council members. His last day on the job here will be on March 29.

His resignation came on the same day as the press conference staged by pastors who support Mayor Weaver. Strangely, it was allowed to be held in the lobby at Flint City Hall.

It's on this subject that everyone must listen to Woodson. He's dead on correct that IRS regulations allow pastors to offer personal endorsements for political candidates as long as it's not done on their church property or as representatives of their church. It must be noted how each was introduced at the press conference as pastors at their respective churches instead of as individuals. Campaign finance laws also prohibit any political stunts on government property, so count me as confused about how they were allowed to stage such an event inside the City Hall lobby in the first place. Woodson says he may test the mayor's administration on that point by maybe doing a press conference of his own in the same lobby, asking, "I wonder how fast they will run me out of there if I bring in the media and start blasting the mayor, asking where all the tax dollars and donations for the water crisis have gone?"
Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:45 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Woodson's question about how pastors can play politics and keep their tax exempt status is probably one for lawyers to answer. But my conclusion is that he's correct how the laws appear to be pretty clear.

The IRS tax guide for churches and religious organizations requires that "no substantial part of its activity may be attempting to influence legislation" and clearly holds that an "organization may not intervene in political campaigns."

Woodson's recent social media call for lawyers to contact him about challenging non-profit status standings of pastors didn't get any media attention outside of The Morning Gazette Radio Show.

The rest of the local media also ignored yesterday's post by Woodson that showed a copy of a water bill belonging to Pastor Martin's church. Five business owners and two other listeners shared it with Yours Truly via e-mails and private messages on Messenger.

The overdue bill is for a staggering $6,219.18 in a city where some residents have complained about waiting two weeks to get their water turned back on after shut-offs for bills in the neighborhood of $200.

Does Pastor Martin's church get a pass on turn-offs because he holds press conferences to support the mayor? Or maybe because he makes campaign contributions and attends her fundraising parties?

Those are questions Woodson is asking, and we're interested in hearing some explanations.
Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:48 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Fields argued at a public city council meeting later on Monday that the investigation is on-going and revealed that she had written a follow-up letter to state officials about how she contends they didn't understand the trio's letter. She contends that Chief Financial Officer Hughey Newsome illegally used water funds to pay for pipe replacements. Newsome, a Harvard grad, resigned last week and blamed council members. His last day on the job here will be on March 29.

His resignation came on the same day as the press conference staged by pastors who support Mayor Weaver. Strangely, it was allowed to be held in the lobby at Flint City Hall.

It's on this subject that everyone must listen to Woodson. He's dead on correct that IRS regulations allow pastors to offer personal endorsements for political candidates as long as it's not done on their church property or as representatives of their church. It must be noted how each was introduced at the press conference as pastors at their respective churches instead of as individuals. Campaign finance laws also prohibit any political stunts on government property, so count me as confused about how they were allowed to stage such an event inside the City Hall lobby in the first place. Woodson says he may test the mayor's administration on that point by maybe doing a press conference of his own in the same lobby, asking, "I wonder how fast they will run me out of there if I bring in the media and start blasting the mayor, asking where all the tax dollars and donations for the water crisis have gone?"

Woodson's question about how pastors can play politics and keep their tax exempt status is probably one for lawyers to answer. But my conclusion is that he's correct how the laws appear to be pretty clear.
Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:51 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The IRS tax guide for churches and religious organizations requires that "no substantial part of its activity may be attempting to influence legislation" and clearly holds that an "organization may not intervene in political campaigns."

Woodson's recent social media call for lawyers to contact him about challenging non-profit status standings of pastors didn't get any media attention outside of The Morning Gazette Radio Show.

The rest of the local media also ignored yesterday's post by Woodson that showed a copy of a water bill belonging to Pastor Martin's church. Five business owners and two other listeners shared it with Yours Truly via e-mails and private messages on Messenger.

The overdue bill is for a staggering $6,219.18 in a city where some residents have complained about waiting two weeks to get their water turned back on after shut-offs for bills in the neighborhood of $200.

Does Pastor Martin's church get a pass on turn-offs because he holds press conferences to support the mayor? Or maybe because he makes campaign contributions and attends her fundraising parties?

Those are questions Woodson is asking, and we're interested in hearing some explanations.
Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:54 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Woodson, Fields and Worthing have already been saying the mayor's campaign war chest was put together by "pay to play" tactics. An inspection of the contributions show many owners and officials at companies that do business with the city on the list, but one can argue that such activities are to be expected in any major political race.

City Councilman Eric Mays called it "politics" and says, "I see nothing wrong with business people contributing to a politician if they think that politician is doing a good job."

Overlooking water bills is another matter.

The water needs to be shut off today at Cathedral of Faith Ministries. An overdue bill at a staggering amount over $6,000?

Genesee County Treasurer Deb Cherry says she stopped allowing the City of Flint to place liens on property tax bills when water bills were not paid, saying, "I haven't been allowing it since we found out the water was poisoned and they can't use it."

So have churches been allowed to not pay water bills in the past, have the overdue amounts go on the tax bill and then avoid paying it because churches are not required to pay property taxes as non-profits? Cherry says she isn't sure and referred us to the Michigan Department of Treasury.

The answer there was a resounding, "NO!"

But the plot thickens.

After Pastor Martin stepped to the microphone in a public show of political support for the mayor, it wasn't only Woodson and his Facebook friends passing around the overdue water bill at his church. A comment critical of Flint residents complaining about bad water was also passed around, contending that his family was drinking Flint water. Some suggested he hasn't lived in Flint for several years.

We confirmed that he indeed lives in the Ottawa Hills subdivision in Grand Blanc Township.

Grand Blanc Township officials are now scratching their heads about how he managed to escape about $4,000 in annual taxes out there by placing his Wagon Wheel Lane property under his church's ownership. He also hasn't paid water bills at his home, allowing them to go on the tax rolls where you guessed it — they were written off since the church was given an exemption by the township's assessor.

Rebecca Salvati didn't return out telephone calls yesterday.
Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:56 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

She has like a dozenassistants in her department, so it's unclear how Cathedral of Faith Ministries got an exemption when no church services are held there. An official at the Michigan Department of Treasury suggested the Attorney General's office investigate it. He also suggested we copy the church's web site listing of services. Again, you guessed it — all on Dupont Street in Flint at the old Gundry school building. My research shows Martin bought it for $30,000 after he resigned as president of the Flint school board.

Grand Blanc Township Supervisor Scott Bennett vowed not to allow the pastor to get away with avoiding property taxes or water bills.

"We've had discussions and after we get to the bottom of how all this happened, I will get back with you," Bennett said. Others on the Grand Blanc Township Board of Trustees routinely refer all questions to Bennett as their spokesman.

He has a lot of explaining to do on how the Wagon Wheel Lane property hasn't been on the tax rolls since Cathedral of Faith Ministries bought it in January of 2015. Grand Blanc Township's policy is to never turn off water service, but to simply place the overdue amounts on tax bills. But again, no taxes are being paid on this property.

The Michigan Department of Treasury also directed us to an IRS web site that offers a data base to search for organizations eligible for non-profit exemptions on taxes. You guessed it — "No such record" is what comes up when you plug in Pastor Martin's church on Dupont Street or his possibly "pretend" church on Wagon Wheel Lane out in the ritzy Ottawa HIlls subdivision.

Does he avoid taxes by claiming this home as a church parsonage? Way far away from his church in Flint? Every attorney we've talked to says it's not allowable.

The attorney we want to talk to, however, isn't returning any phone calls.

Grand Blanc Township Attorney David Lattie is possibly under that same gag order of the head honcho out there, Mr. Bennett.

Four years of unpaid taxes plus water bills adds up to about $20,000. That's a lot of cheese and let's hope he isn't too busy to get to the bottom of this story real fast for us.

Or maybe he has already referred it to the proper law enforcement authorities for an investigation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

​Mike Killbreath hosts The Morning Gazette Radio Show weekdays from 8 am until 9:30 am on CCNRadio.net. He also hosts The Daily Gazette Sports Weekend Show every Saturday from 10 am until noon, and The Daily Gazette Sports Night Show weekdays from 6 pm until 7 pm.
Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:02 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Warfare against Flint politicians has community activist Arthur Woodson refusing to comply with lawyer's retraction demands

Community activist Arthur Woodson's warfare against Flint politicians has included collecting "cease, desist and retract" letters from lawyers.The latest one came after Wednesday's Editor's Notebook went viral on social media and as usual, he vows not to apologize or issue any retraction.

Woodson went immediately to Facebook yesterday to fume about a "Demand to Cease, Desist & Retract" letter that was fired off to him by Flint attorney Trachelle Young. She wrote it on behalf of a pastor who became the latest target of Flint's most famous critic of Flint Mayor Dr. Karen Weaver. Pastor Christopher Martin obviously didn't like the community activist's social media comments.

. Young demanded an apology and a retraction for a Facebook post, but Woodson announced that he won't be complying with her request.

He displayed a copy of Young's letter to the world on his Facebook page and declared: "I'm not doing (bleep)!!! These pastors think they can come out here and talk (bleep), and can't nobody say (bleep) about them. I'm going to play just like them. Don't let these people scare you from speaking. This is not 1983. I have resources also. Take legal action, because I didn't say (bleep) wrong. I have some more files. So get ready to send me some more letters, because you can't SHUT ME UP!!! STAND UP WITH ME FLINT!!! IT'S THAT TIME NOW!!! LETS SHOW THEM WE ARE NOT PLAYING!!! SHARE THIS!!!"

And more sharing began.
Post Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:16 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Woodson's Facebook page has become required reading for local media members. Here are some of the biggest reasons why.

• ​He made statewide headlines after revealing a text where Richard Baird (the top right-hand man of former Michigan Governor Rick Snyder) once told him to "crawl back in his hole" and go away.

• He used an army of volunteers in a strong door-to-door campaign to help Mayor Weaver unseat former Flint Mayor Dayne Walling in the November 2013 election.

• Woodson subsequently had a PPO order sought by Mayor Weaver against him. She accused him of mailing a threatening letter anonymously, then a media member quickly identified who really mailed the letter. It wasn't Woodson. The PPO request was denied and Woodson has been demanding an apology ever since without getting it.

• He is angry about a police investigation that remains open more than two years after he led the recall signature drive against Mayor Weaver by using volunteers to collect enough signatures to force the recall election mid-way through her first term.

• He responded to threats to expose his past by once releasing a detailed video confession of all his past criminal convictions, blasting Mayor Weaver supporter Woodrow Stanley — a former mayor in the city and also a former county board chairman who rose to become a state legislator, serving six years until unable to run again because of term limits.

• He vowed to make sure Walling never wins an election again, and led a protest in Flushing last summer when Walling was campaigning at a restaurant there in hopes of making a comeback by winning a seat in the state legislature. All the pickets and Woodson's bull horn kept away any potential voters as Walling stared out the window most of the night while standing alone inside as horns honked with approval for a few hours. Two visits by a police officer also produced support for Woodson's protest. Walling later lost in the primary by a landslide to John Cherry.
Post Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:21 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

• Woodson's campaign to stop the City of Flint from using the Rizzo empire's garbage company included getting a letter from the company's lawyer who wanted an apology from Woodson while demanding a retraction. Woodson basically told them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

The man who has given Flint City Councilman Eric Mays a dead heat as Flint's most colorful political figure was in rare form today after getting Young's letter. She may not know it yet, but my view is that Young has put herself into the political arena with a shark. My advice for attorney Young is to reconsider representing the good pastor — even if he's shelling out big bucks for her to hassle Woodson.

Her client owes a water bill over $6,000, yet the Rizzo garbage company empire was led by millionaires who gained control of contracts in communities all across Metro Detroit.

Remember, they didn't get the garbage contract Woodson opposed in Flint.

Woodson says Chuck Rizzo Jr., and his dad didn't get an apology or any retractions after demanding them either, saying, "I didn't apologize, did I? And where is Rizzo and his dad? Oh, prison isn't it. I won't be apologizing for what I posted on Facebook about Pastor Martin either and he shouldn't have come at me with a lawyer to try to shut me up. I guess once they saw somebody from the media digging into it, they lost their minds."

More than 9,400 visits have been made to the page on TheDailyGazete.net containing my opinions on the matter Wednesday. The Editor's Notebook opinion was motivated by a Woodson Facebook post on Monday that showed a water bill for a whopping $6,219.18 at Pastor Martin's Cathedral of Faith Ministries on Dupont Street in Flint.

We wondered in this space how the bill there could be so high without the water getting cut off when residents report turn-offs when owing the city between $200 and $300.

We're still waiting for answers.
Post Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:24 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Finance Committee Chairman Monica Galloway said she and fellow Councilwoman Kate Fields asked a water department official about it on Wednesday. "We read your article and went to ask about it with the head of the department," Galloway said. "She promised to research it and get back to us. I will let you know what we find out as soon as we hear something."

City records available online show a payment for more than $1,500 on the bill was also made by Cathedral of Faith Ministries after our story.

Our research showed that Pastor Martin doesn't even live in the City of Flint. We confirmed that he lives on Wagon Wheel Lane in the ritzy Ottawa Hills subdivision out in Grand Blanc Township. We also learned that the house is owned by his church which has allowed Pastor Martin to avoid paying about $4,000 in annual property taxes since buying it in January of 2015. The water bill is overdue there, too.

Grand Blanc Township Supervisor Scott Bennett told The Morning Gazette Radio Show that he has turned the matter over to the township attorney (David Lattie) to find out why no taxes are being paid on property of a Flint church that's apparently not using it for any church services. Lattie didn't want to comment yet yesterday, saying, "We're still looking into it. I don't have any answers right now, so I don't want to comment."

​ Woodson was irked that Pastor Martin stepped into the political arena among a group of pastors who staged a press conference last week to protest against individuals criticizing Mayor Weaver. Let's face it — it's a list led by Woodson as chief critic.

The group of Flint pastors demanded an apology be issued by City Councilwoman Fields, Councilman Allan Griggs and Councilwoman Eva Worthing. The pastors said at last Monday's press conference that the mayor and her staff were vindicated by state officials after a letter from the trio of council members had suggested wrong-doing to state officials. Counclwoman Fields argued at a public city council meeting later on Monday that she had written a follow-up letter to state officials about how she contends they didn't understand the original letter. She contends that Chief Financial Officer Hughey Newsome illegally used water funds to pay for pipe replacements.

All the bickering in Flint politics will be in the rear view mirror of Newsome. The Harvard grad resigned last week and blamed council members. His last day on the job here will be next Friday.
Post Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:30 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Woodson notes, too, that Newsome becomes the second Harvard grad to leave Mayor Weaver's administration in recent days. It wasn't reported by any local media, but we confirmed Woodson's tip that Rodrick Miller is gone. We learned that he has been named as the CEO of Invest Puerto Rico to lead the island's business attraction and investment efforts. Miller left Flint's team last month, according to our sources. His firm known as Ascendant Global was hired last spring to help with Flint's economic development efforts funded by a $2.8 million grant from the Kellog Foundation.

We can't publish accusations by Woodson on why he thinks so many staff members have left Flint City Hall, but similar rumors have dominated social media discussions for months and have been hot topics at business water coolers and in living rooms. Most everybody who follows Flint politics has likely heard all the talk. Maybe it's because of so many public corruption arrests in Detroit area communities. Maybe it's because of the FBI raid two years ago at the Clayton Township home of Norwood Jewell — a former union big wig who rose up the UAW ranks after decades of wielding so much political power in Flint area circles.

Jewell was finally arrested this week and there's speculation that he has reached a deal to rat out Flint area politicians. His attorney, Michael Manley, added fuel to the fire on the idea by confirming there had been "productive" talks with the U.S. Attorney's office. Some suggest it was code for being a rat against other corrupt politicians.

Despite all the rumors, we've not confirmed a single criminal investigation into anything at Flint City Hall during Mayor Weaver's administration.The worst things that have happened have been PR blunders, mostly because of bad reactions to Woodson's antics.

The latest PR nightmare was Friday morning when a group of individuals protesting bad water were escorted out of the main floor lobby at Flint City Hall by two police officers. It's the same lobby where Pastor Martin and his pastor friend supporters of Mayor Weaver were allowed to stage a press conference last week that irked Woodson. It was in this space that we quoted the community activist as asking, "I wonder how fast they will run me out of there if I bring in the media and start blasting the mayor, asking where all the tax dollars and donations for the water crisis have gone?"

He can consult Ariana Hawk to supply a definite answer for him on that press conference idea in the same lobby at Flint City Hall.

She tried it with a group of activists rallying this morning for clean water and lower water bills. Hawk, who is the field organizer for the non-profit group known as Color of Change, tells The Morning Gazette Radio Show in an interview that will air Monday how they set up in the Flint City Hall lobby in recognition of today being "World Water Day." Hawk says the mayor's representatives asked her not to stage a protest there.

It's the same lesson that came from the Woodson saga. Like Woodson, Hawk was an individual who supported the mayor. She says she campaigned for Mayor Weaver, yet there she was with two police officers stopping her rally and escorting her out with a threat of an arrest.
Post Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:40 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

If the mayor didn't have a campaign war chest of $300,000, do you suppose there would have been a personal meeting with the group ? Maybe a wave from her office door to recognize hearing their concerns?

The biggest PR gaffe, of course, was allowing her pastor friends to stage a press conference in the lobby at Flint City Hall, yet Hawk's group got escorted out by police.

Woodson's reaction? His Facebook post within an hour of the incident asked, "How is it that the fake pastors can have a fake press conference, but the real citizens of Flint cant?"

If anybody files a criminal complaint, Flint's mayor will find out that nobody can use government property for a political event to support candidates or issues. The water warriors have nothing on the ballot, so I'm guessing a legal expert on campaign finance laws would declare their activity okay for the lobby at Flint City Hall. The pastors supporting a candidate for re-election as mayor? Um, no. No lawyer is needed for me to tell you it's not allowed.

Danny Wells found out in neighboring Burton during his last campaign for mayor there. The police chief nixed his campaign announcement at the City Council chambers by quoting the law books to Wells. The bottom line: "No political activity inside a government building. Period."

As of tomorrow morning, the filing deadline for Flint's mayoral race is 30 days away.

Good politics would be for Mayor Weaver to kiss and make up with Hawk, and apologize to her group of activists.
Post Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:52 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

If the mayor didn't have a campaign war chest of $300,000, do you suppose there would have been a personal meeting with the group ? Maybe a wave from her office door to recognize hearing their concerns?

The biggest PR gaffe, of course, was allowing her pastor friends to stage a press conference in the lobby at Flint City Hall, yet Hawk's group got escorted out by police.

Woodson's reaction? His Facebook post within an hour of the incident asked, "How is it that the fake pastors can have a fake press conference, but the real citizens of Flint cant?"

If anybody files a criminal complaint, Flint's mayor will find out that nobody can use government property for a political event to support candidates or issues. The water warriors have nothing on the ballot, so I'm guessing a legal expert on campaign finance laws would declare their activity okay for the lobby at Flint City Hall. The pastors supporting a candidate for re-election as mayor? Um, no. No lawyer is needed for me to tell you it's not allowed.

Danny Wells found out in neighboring Burton during his last campaign for mayor there. The police chief nixed his campaign announcement at the City Council chambers by quoting the law books to Wells. The bottom line: "No political activity inside a government building. Period."

As of tomorrow morning, the filing deadline for Flint's mayoral race is 30 days away.

Good politics would be for Mayor Weaver to kiss and make up with Hawk, and apologize to her group of activists.
Post Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:54 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: