FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Delaney & Warwick Pointe-misuse public funds?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

When asked if he was referring to township residents, he replied yes.

Capt. Compeau: And I am correct in that Holly Academy is in Oakland county?

Norm Riopelle: It is outside of the township. But I don't know that when the police officers, or, I guess most of my employees were but I don't know when the police officers are borrowing generators for their personal use. I don't know that they live in the county. You know , I don't know where it's going. They're not borrowing it as a township resident, they're borrowing it as a township employee, I guess.

Capt. Compeau: Okay, So you say this is normal procedure for people of the township to take home equipment for their own personal use?

Riopelle stated it was and referenced people borrowing tables and chairs from the township for parties. He mention the borrowing of pumps for a flooded yard and another borrowed an auger.
Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:57 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Riopelle admitted he did not know if the 2 people he mentioned lived in the township. When asked about a log of those who borrowed items, Riopelle stated they tried to keep logs but failed. He admitted the township had no written records.

Compeau discussed employee Dave Hobson, and overtime on Saturday, April 8th,
Riopelle replied that Hobson was the primary responder for alarms on the sewer lift stations, and the booster stations for the water system These systems send messages back to the computer and a central alarm system where an alarm triggers a page to Hobson. He probably got an alarm and what created the alarm will vary in how long it takes to fix it. The alarm could be caused by a power outage or a sewer lift station.

Riopelle explained how a sewage lift station works. According to Riopelle, sewage works on gravity fall. and that can only go so far and you reach a point where you have to pump it back up and then back down again. It'll start the gravity fall again.. But if the lift station goes out, the sewage backs into homes and businesses.
Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:18 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Compeau asked if there were any alarms at the Warwick Academy in April, but the Academy has no alarms.

Riopelle denied any knowledge that Hobson was working at the Warwick Academy that day and paid overtime by the township. Riopelle also denied knowing if Hobson worked that day without looking at the records. He also denied suspecting anything illegal occurring at the township that he should reveal.

Riopelle also stated he had a conversation with Delaney about his appointment with Compeau. Riopelle was slow returning Compeau's call because he had been at a conference in Shanty Creek with Larry Moran and Bill Delaney.
Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:28 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Capt. Compeau: You talked about these issues already?

Norm Riopelle: some of them, yeah.

Capt. Compeau: Why would you talk about them? Because I haven't told anybody about them. Why would these issues come up between you and Delaney>

Norm Riopelle: Well we talked about the auction. Delaney was trying ti figure out why he was being investigated. What he could have been investigated for.

Captain Compeau: Now wait a minut, wait a minute. Now you were with Delaney at a conference.

Norm Riopelle: yes
Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:34 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Capt. Compeau: And you already discussed the auction.

Norm Riopelle: The auction , yes.

Capt. Compeau: Okay, What else did you discuss about this investigation?

Norm Riopelle: The Nextell phones.

Capt Compeau: The Nextell phones. Do you have any knowledge about the Nextell phones?

Norm Riopelle: Not of anything improper.

Captain Compeau: What do you know about the Nextell Phones?
Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:42 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Norm Riopelle: Just that we have them and Bill has them at his school and that I think he has the two networked together.

Capt. Compeau: So he told you that . Who owns the phones? If Bill Delaney told you.

Norm Riopelle: Bill Delaney. The school owns their phones. The township owns their phones.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:47 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Riopelle told Compeau the auction came up because "there's been some political carping of the board members.

Riopelle stated the discussions at the conference were about the auction, the phones and Bill driving a township pickup truck. He stated photos were taken of Bill using the truck and it was all over the office. Riopelle also said Delaney admitted driving the truck to drop off a mower at one of his schools.

Capt. Compeau: Now in your mind, let's go back to July 28th where you took the generator and truck out to Holly Pointe Academy. Didn't you think at that time that hey, I'm taking township equipment out of the township, outside the county. Didn't that raise some kind of suspicion that may not be the right thing to do?
Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:59 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Riopelle said he didn't have suspicion at that time, but now it may not have been the best judgement in the world.

Capt. Compeau: And then again you're being paid by township wages as well as the two gentlemen that you called were being paid township wages. And you guys go out and do something on township time outside the county, for the Township Supervisor. Didn't that raise some suspicion in your mind, hey this isn't right either?

Riopelle again referenced hindsight as it was not the best judgement at the time/.

Capt. Compeau: I'm going to ask you Norm, does the township have a policy that regulates the work of private vehicles by your mechanic at the township? A written policy.
Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:25 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Riopelle said he didn't have suspicion at that time, but now it may not have been the best judgement in the world.

Capt. Compeau: And then again you're being paid by township wages as well as the two gentlemen that you called were being paid township wages. And you guys go out and do something on township time outside the county, for the Township Supervisor. Didn't that raise some suspicion in your mind, hey this isn't right either?

Riopelle again referenced hindsight as it was not the best judgement at the time/.

Capt. Compeau: I'm going to ask you Norm, does the township have a policy that regulates the work of private vehicles by your mechanic at the township? A written policy.
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

untanglingwebs
El Supremo

untanglingwebs
El Supremo

untanglingwebs
El Supremo

According to Riopelle, the township mechanic could work on private vehicles in the building on his own time.

Riopelle also admitted knowing that the mechanic Chilcutt worked on a motor home owned by Delaney as well as tractors owned by Delaney or the Academy. But he denied knowing who owned a Cadillac that was repaired in the township garage, He finally admitted "I know Bill had a lot of work done on it outside." Riopelle told compeau Delaney had sent him to the same mechanic that worked on his car and that was done outside the township. He denied knowing who the owner was. The car was parked in the parking lot for a period of time and then it was gone.
Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:34 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

SECOND INTERVIEW RIOPELLE

Compeau wanted to go back to the date of July 28, 1999. The reconfirmed that Roiopelle was working that day, and he had Hobson and Chilcutt to follow him as he was concerned about the truck. Compeau established that Chilcutt, Hobson and Delaney were also working that day.

Riopelle was unsure of the status of Dan Potter, who was also present at the Holly Pointe Academy. He stated Dan Potter worked as a contract employee. He worked for Bill Delaney, the Drain Commission and others in an independent capacity.

It was established the power went out and there was a construction crew working on the building and they needed power. Bill Delaney and Dan Potter showed him where to leave the generator truck. The three township employees returned to work.
Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:57 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

SECOND INTERVIEW RIOPELLE

Compeau wanted to go back to the date of July 28, 1999. The reconfirmed that Roiopelle was working that day, and he had Hobson and Chilcutt to follow him as he was concerned about the truck. Compeau established that Chilcutt, Hobson and Delaney were also working that day.

Riopelle was unsure of the status of Dan Potter, who was also present at the Holly Pointe Academy. He stated Dan Potter worked as a contract employee. He worked for Bill Delaney, the Drain Commission and others in an independent capacity.

It was established the power went out and there was a construction crew working on the building and they needed power. Bill Delaney and Dan Potter showed him where to leave the generator truck. The three township employees returned to work.
Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:57 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: