FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Sick of this clown Mayor.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Fed Up

I have had it with this lying piece of @#* Mayor and his so-called Council President trying to destroy our Police departmment.

I am sick and tired everyday I report for duty it's always something. Now it's this "Citizens Service Bureau". When the Afro American police league said the department was a lacking black supervisors, they were not looking for handouts, they just wanted fair treatment for "ALL". White and Black officers alike.

And this clown mayor as usual instead of dealing with the issues like a man, comes up with more garbage to continue to drive our police department into the ground. Mr. Mayor you pick these officers for your "Union breaking Bureau" because they are according to you the "The best qualified people you have"? Yeah right.

Your first choice Officer Daivd Dicks, the Fire Chiefs son. Was not only fired once for a drinking and driving incident. But also for being drunk in a Police Cruiser on duty, in Uniform!! For Hours!!. Ask the "Don" about that. And that's when Officer Dicks even decides to show up for work.

If the Mayor and his flunky's can find five officers who are spineless enough to take those position's he should find four more officers to go with me and rush some of these drug dealers and gun toting "thugs" standing in front of these party stores and terrorizing our neighborhoods.

We pray that GOD keeps our officers safe with your other bone-head plan...One-Man cars on patrol. But if we do lose an Officer because of your stupidity. When you pull your nice Bentley out the garage and try to put on your usual dog and pony show. I hope that widow or that officers family spits in your fat face.
Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:34 am 
Fed Up

Citizens of Flint I just want you to know no matter what the mayor and his co-defendants try. My fellow officers and I will continue to serve our city with pride and honor.

We have the will to rid our streets of crime. We just need a plan from our leaders.
Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:54 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I've been saying this for two years now! THis Mayor is doing everything in his felony mind set to destroy the POlice Dept. I'm glad someone else besides my self knows why this officer was actually fired! Not the reason the the Flint Unrinal Gives! This wasn't the first time and he probably should ahve been fired his first time. However, Barksdale isn't know for Rash decsions! He's pretty level headed.

The Chief didn't make a mistake when he fired Dicks. he fired him because it was the right thing to do!
Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:37 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
DELETED

DELETED

Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:49 am 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:53 am 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

The police in the trenches are not the problem, it's the leadership. We all know it on Flint talk, and hope that the 2007 election sees the overthrow of the current administration with one that focuses on choosing responsible, capable, and qualified leaders who represent the entire community and its citizens.
Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:13 pm 
Ted J

quote:
Roscoe Van Zandt schreef:
The police in the trenches are not the problem, it's the leadership. We all know it on Flint talk, and hope that the 2007 election sees the overthrow of the current administration with one that focuses on choosing responsible, capable, and qualified leaders who represent the entire community and its citizens.

Wow In harmony again
Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:56 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

Peace, love and harmony! Laughing

Laundry Room episode #239 - Ted, Roscoe, Larry, and John doing a Beatles "Abbey Road" photo shoot across East Kearsley street!

Book it!

Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:07 pm 
Ted J

Roscoe, I don't believe I seen a response to my question about finding someone from flinthistory.com to come on the show? Is there someone from your organization that would be willing to appear.

I am hoping to cover more about Flint's history as well as the website. THought you guys might have some great things to add to it.
Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:23 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted J schreef:
Roscoe, I don't believe I seen a response to my question about finding someone from flinthistory.com to come on the show? Is there someone from your organization that would be willing to appear. I am hoping to cover more about Flint's history as well as the website. THought you guys might have some great things to add to it.

Hi Ted,

The entire site is going to be taken down for a redesign and redeployment to coincide with GM's 100th anniversary in 2008. I plan on refocusing it on the big events, rather than making it some kind of big open museum, because we just don't have the resources for that.

I plan on starting a thread about the Website and Flint history down the road here. I need to know what people think are the BIG events and build the site around that theme.

In the mean time, I could ask around, but I don't know of anyone involved in the project who is "local" who could go on the show, or has much to do with Flint anymore in the context of current issues. Yes, they could call in, but I doubt they know much about anything going on, and The Laundry Room is a current events show.

If they did a show on Flint history, such as music or arts or something, I could get Ben Hamper or Peter C to call in (perhaps). In the meantime I suggest you read Rivethead and Local DJ , both absolutely incredible books.

Instead, they should try to book any of these people, who are easy to find:

1. Joel Rash (The Local)
2. Matt Zacks (Uncommon Sense)
3. Leanne Barkus (Historic Committee)
4. Cindy Ornstein (Flint Cultural Center)
5. Rhoda Mathews (Flint Club)

They are right on the pulse of what's going on right now in Flint.
Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:03 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Personally, I think you should keep it pretty much the same. I thought too much space was given to MM. Roger and me and Meats or eats would ahve been just fine. Some of the stuff I had first seen on the website I couldn't find the next time I went on. And online Museum is great!

When you say you don't have the resources.. What are you talking about? Webspace? Time? once it's up or online you don't have much to do expect keep everything current.
Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Derrick

quote:
Fed Up schreef:
I have had it with this lying piece of @#* Mayor and his so-called Council President trying to destroy our Police departmment.

I am sick and tired everyday I report for duty it's always something. Now it's this "Citizens Service Bureau". When the Afro American police league said the department was a lacking black supervisors, they were not looking for handouts, they just wanted fair treatment for "ALL". White and Black officers alike.

And this clown mayor as usual instead of dealing with the issues like a man, comes up with more garbage to continue to drive our police department into the ground. Mr. Mayor you pick these officers for your "Union breaking Bureau" because they are according to you the "The best qualified people you have"? Yeah right.

Your first choice Officer Daivd Dicks, the Fire Chiefs son. Was not only fired once for a drinking and driving incident. But also for being drunk in a Police Cruiser on duty, in Uniform!! For Hours!!. Ask the "Don" about that. And that's when Officer Dicks even decides to show up for work.

If the Mayor and his flunky's can find five officers who are spineless enough to take those position's he should find four more officers to go with me and rush some of these drug dealers and gun toting "thugs" standing in front of these party stores and terrorizing our neighborhoods.

We pray that GOD keeps our officers safe with your other bone-head plan...One-Man cars on patrol. But if we do lose an Officer because of your stupidity. When you pull your nice Bentley out the garage and try to put on your usual dog and pony show. I hope that widow or that officers family spits in your fat face.

You officers need to patrol the streets better, start caring more...
Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:25 pm 
Josh

quote:
Roscoe Van Zandt schreef:
quote:
Ted J schreef:
Roscoe, I don't believe I seen a response to my question about finding someone from flinthistory.com to come on the show? Is there someone from your organization that would be willing to appear. I am hoping to cover more about Flint's history as well as the website. THought you guys might have some great things to add to it.

Hi Ted,

The entire site is going to be taken down for a redesign and redeployment to coincide with GM's 100th anniversary in 2008. I plan on refocusing it on the big events, rather than making it some kind of big open museum, because we just don't have the resources for that.

I plan on starting a thread about the Website and Flint history down the road here. I need to know what people think are the BIG events and build the site around that theme.

In the mean time, I could ask around, but I don't know of anyone involved in the project who is "local" who could go on the show, or has much to do with Flint anymore in the context of current issues. Yes, they could call in, but I doubt they know much about anything going on, and The Laundry Room is a current events show.

If they did a show on Flint history, such as music or arts or something, I could get Ben Hamper or Peter C to call in (perhaps). In the meantime I suggest you read Rivethead and Local DJ , both absolutely incredible books.

Instead, they should try to book any of these people, who are easy to find:

1. Joel Rash (The Local)
2. Matt Zacks (Uncommon Sense)
3. Leanne Barkus (Historic Committee)
4. Cindy Ornstein (Flint Cultural Center)
5. Rhoda Mathews (Flint Club)

They are right on the pulse of what's going on right now in Flint.

Yeah Cindy Ornstien would be great, she doesn't care about our history of City of Flint. Roscoe get a clue.
Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:26 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
Personally, I think you should keep it pretty much the same. I thought too much space was given to MM. Roger and me and Meats or eats would ahve been just fine. Some of the stuff I had first seen on the website I couldn't find the next time I went on. And online Museum is great! When you say you don't have the resources.. What are you talking about? Webspace? Time? once it's up or online you don't have much to do expect keep everything current.

Running a Website that large is a 40 hour a week job. I could hire 3 people and put them to work FULL TIME and they would always be working for years to come. So you can imagine the volunteers we have who put in a little bit here or there just isn't enough.

We have plenty of server space, just need volunteers, both at our production office in NYC and in Flint.

What are you are looking for? I can point you to it. The best stuff is the theater,
http://www.flinthistory.com/features/theater/

celebrity biographies,
http://www.flinthistory.com/people/movies_tv_stage_music/

vintage publications,
http://www.flinthistory.com/features/publications/

tornado,
http://www.flinthistory.com/features/tornado/

timeline,
http://www.flinthistory.com/history/timeline.shtml

much more to come for 2007 and 2008...
Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:26 am 
Fed Up

I am not registering, I don't feel I need to, if you don't want to respond to guests thats your problem.
Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:17 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: