FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Dale Weighill and Dayne Walling two peas in a pod!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

Just so long as there are no A.G.s.
Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Josh

quote:
lunchlady schreef:

A.G?
Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:07 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Josh schreef:
quote:
lunchlady schreef:

A.G?

I believe the reference is to "No A l G arcias"

Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:41 am 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

The city of Flint wouldnt know what hit them if I ever came back and ran for Mayor. First of all, I never would, and if I did, the city wouldnt know what hit it. I would turn thats city on its ear!
I would stick to the meaty facts and issues unlike "real" candidates who must be on type of "issue driven" diet! GET REAL!
There isnt a single candidiate who has come on here to debate the issues. NOT A SINGLE ONE!

FYI....the entry from 12/15 was from the fake. I was given back the username on 12/16 from the site administrator.
Post Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:13 pm 
Aberzombie B' Witched
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
The city of Flint wouldnt know what hit them if I ever came back and ran for Mayor. First of all, I never would, and if I did, the city wouldnt know what hit it. I would turn thats city on its ear!
I would stick to the meaty facts and issues unlike "real" candidates who must be on type of "issue driven" diet! GET REAL!
There isnt a single candidiate who has come on here to debate the issues. NOT A SINGLE ONE!

FYI....the entry from 12/15 was from the fake. I was given back the username on 12/16 from the site administrator.

I don't know if its your tone or that lovely photo... but I am picturing major destruction down Saginaw Street as candidate Al hits the campaign trail seeking and speaking the meat!

Do us all a favor and swing by Genesee Towers.

AL GODZILLA!!!
Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:14 pm 
mark thompson
F L I N T O I D

I think we should all stop bickering and get behind someone that has the experience to move flint forward, I think that person is Dale Weighill.. you decide for yourself:

Dale Weighill was born and raised in the metropolitan Detroit area. After graduating from Livonia’s Clarenceville High School in 1988 he attended The University of Michigan in Dearborn. During his undergraduate education, Dale served as an intern for Congressman Sander Levin and State Senator Lana Pollack. He also worked on Bill Clinton's 1992 presidential campaign.

Before graduating, he received the University’s Distinguished Student Leader Award and the Outstanding Student in Political Science Award. Dale graduated from The University of Michigan with High Distinction, receiving his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science in 1993.

While attending The University of Michigan, Dale ran successfully for a position on the Clarenceville Board of Education in Livonia, Michigan. Dale was reelected to the school board in 1991 and served as Michigan’s youngest Board of Education President from 1991-1992 and 1994-1995. Dale retired from the school board in 1995 to pursue his graduate education at American University in Washington, DC, where he was awarded a Merit Fellowship.

While attending American, Dale served as an economic policy intern in the office of former Housing and Urban Development Secretary and Vice Presidential candidate Jack Kemp. He also was awarded the American University School of Public Affairs’ Award for Outstanding Graduate Work in Political Science. Dale received his Master of Arts degree from American University, with highest distinction, in 1997.

Dale moved from Washington, DC to Flint in the fall of 1997 to teach introductory courses in American government for both Mott and Oakland Community Colleges. While teaching for Mott, he spent time in South Africa studying that country’s culture, geography, and political system. Since he began teaching, Dale has consistently received outstanding reviews by his students and colleagues.

Dale became Legislative Assistant to State Representative (now State Senator) Laura M. Toy in 1999. His responsibilities included managing the Lansing office, constituent relations, working with the media, and serving as a policy and political adviser to Representative Toy.

Dale assumed his current position as President & CEO of the Resource Center in February 2000. Working with the Resource Center Board of Directors and staff, he is responsible for the agency’s fund development, public relations, program development, human resources, and budgetary activities. Dale also continues to teach American government courses on a part-time basis for Mott College.

Dale is Immediate Past Chair of the 12-member Volunteer Center National Network Council (VCNNC), and is a former member of the Points of Light Foundation’s Board of Directors and the ConnectMichigan Alliance Board of Trustees. Additionally, he is the Immediate Past Chair of both the Volunteer Centers of Michigan (the state association of Volunteer Centers) and the Genesee County Nonprofit Association.

He was recently elected to the Board of Directors for the Michigan Nonprofit Association and serves as a volunteer reader for the Visually Impaired Center in Flint, as a mentor in the Big Brothers Big Sisters Lunch Buddies program, and as a member of the Rotary Club of Flint.
Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:59 pm 
sandra L

I read this article Mr. Weighill wrote in an aritcle in the Uncommon sense. I found it to be very engaging and wanted to share just a bit with everyone.

And so it is with Flint.

If Gandhi were a Flintstone, he would point out that this city has substantial assets and resources that remain untapped, underutilized, and undervalued. Chief among these is the people of this city. Imagine, for example, if every man, woman, and child in Flint would volunteer an hour of their time each week to improve the community. Call it the “One-Hour Campaign.” People could volunteer through formal organizations, such as a school or a local nonprofit agency. Or, they could simply do something for a neighbor, like running errands for an elderly person or cutting that same person’s grass. Another idea: What if employers in the city, including city and county government, offered their workers one hour of paid time off each week to volunteer, especially in local schools or as mentors for young people in Flint? Just imagine the results: cleaner parks and public spaces, better-educated children, stronger neighborhood watches, a closer community.

These acts of good citizenship, multiplied across the community through thousands of people, are what Gandhi envisioned. Cynics will call it unrealistic or naïve or wishful thinking, but I believe Flint could use more inspiration and idealism, even if not everyone will respond immediately.
Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:12 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: