FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Dale Weighill and Dayne Walling two peas in a pod!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

It's difficult for me to engage in a conversation with people who cannot even spell the candidate's name correctly. For crying out loud. Shocked

Obviously Dayne was a member of a large TEAM of people that turned around Washington DC. The point I made was that he is the only candidate to have been a party to turning around a city's economy, crime, etc.

No other candidate has done so. In Flint or otherwise.

Dayne Walling is FROM Flint. Born and raised. He has seen it all from the tail end of the "golden period" to the 80's layoffs to the post Roger & Me period.

Our downturn has also been in couple of movies, maybe you've seen or heard of them. You don't have to live at Kearsley & S. Saginaw to know what time it is!

He left to educate himself and come back and help do something for the town. How selfless it is of someone and shows real dedication to the city to come back and try to help it. I know many who have just given up on Flint and have moved away. Sad

quote:
Is there any city in America that would elect someone who hasn't lived there in 10 years? Give me a break.

Yes. New York State elected Hillary Clinton to landslide reelection, she has never even lived in New York State. The voters say "we want someone who can do the job and do it well, we don't give a crap where you are from, where you live, etc."

The same thing applies to university presidents. Do they only appoint those who went to the university? Of course not! They want global perspective!

If someone could come up with better questions or arguments, I wouldn't sound like a repeating record. Smile

Let's keep the debate going, but raise the bar a bit here!
Post Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:49 pm 
High Bar for the D man

The D man has not given us an agenda only yall telling us hes smart, hes a home boy, hes fer us, geter done?

If you want intelligent conversation give us a proposal from the candidate for leadership that we can react to! Other wise you are just an illusion with a dillusion!

Please present to me how a non black who is not Don Williamson can get elected Flint Mayor?

The demographics and voting patterns are against you D man. Since you are a truly smart man there must be another agenda?

Oh no!
Post Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:40 pm 
Bob

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
Dayne Walling and Dale Weighill are both AWESOME candiates.
Both really care about Flint Michigan. Both extremely educated.
Both would make great mayors!

We can only pick one however! Lets clear our minds of any info we have
on these two guys. Now lets start listening to what they have to say, looking
at their plans for Flint. Lets all call them up and talk to them, see how they interact with us.

Lets all see what they have done for Flint, and what they want to do in the future. Lets not allienate any candiate. Lets take all the canidates and embrace them, they obviously care so much about Flint, that we should thank them for running. We should also encourage them to stay involved and continue to work towards a "Better Flint Michigan".

I like a crowded field of canidates. Smile

So tell me this Ryan? Why did you tell Jack Ardnt that the best canadiate is Dayne Walling? You told him that Dayne was young, intergetic and care about Flint.. If this is so, why aren't you preaching it on FLINTTALK DOT COM?
Post Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:27 pm 
Bob II

I agree. Dayne is very intergetic. Very Happy
Post Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:25 pm 
Shakespear

quote:
Bob II schreef:
I agree. Dayne is very intergetic. Very Happy

Youth is hot and bold,
age is weak and cold,
Youth is wild,
age is tame.
Age, I do abhor thee;
youth I do adore thee.

The Passionate Pilgrim
Post Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:10 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Bob schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
Dayne Walling and Dale Weighill are both AWESOME candiates.
Both really care about Flint Michigan. Both extremely educated.
Both would make great mayors!

We can only pick one however! Lets clear our minds of any info we have
on these two guys. Now lets start listening to what they have to say, looking
at their plans for Flint. Lets all call them up and talk to them, see how they interact with us.

Lets all see what they have done for Flint, and what they want to do in the future. Lets not allienate any candiate. Lets take all the canidates and embrace them, they obviously care so much about Flint, that we should thank them for running. We should also encourage them to stay involved and continue to work towards a "Better Flint Michigan".

I like a crowded field of canidates. Smile

So tell me this Ryan? Why did you tell Jack Ardnt that the best candidate is Dayne Walling? You told him that Dayne was young, intergetic and care about Flint.. If this is so, why aren't you preaching it on FLINTTALK DOT COM?

I think they are both very very good candidates. I support them both and am glad they are both running. We need choices, and we need QUALITY candidates to run. I know them both personally, and think they are both good guys.
Post Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Don

NO NO NO ... THEY BOTH SUCK RYAN. SO DO YOU. THREE PEAS IN A POD. RYAN EASHOO DAYNE WALLING, DALE WIEGHILL
Post Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:28 pm 
quidzie

Let's not "dumb down" Flint and its citizens any longer.
Dayne and Dale are both terrific. Looks like there truly is intelligent life in Flint, Michigan. We need a fresh, clean slate - someone to lead this city with strong leadership and grace.
Post Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:36 pm 
George Orwell

quote:
quidzie schreef:
Let's not "dumb down" Flint and its citizens any longer.
Dayne and Dale are both terrific. Looks like there truly is intelligent life in Flint, Michigan. We need a fresh, clean slate - someone to lead this city with strong leadership and grace.

Political language - and with variations this is true of all political parties from conservatives to anarchists - is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearence of solidarity to pure wind.
George Orwell
Shooting an Elephant
Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:42 am 
drmikevsvc
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Josh schreef:
Dayne walling is a loser, he will never win, mark my words. I think he needs to get busy here flint first, then run for mayor. what an insult to the flint club, he just did that so he could get his name out there.

He is a typical politician. So how is dayne's PAC doing anyhow?

Dayne Walling has exactly the leadership qualities, intelligence and charisma to guide and direct the rebirth of Flint. If he does have a weakness, it's that he's TOO intelligent and forward thinking for the people of Flint. He's more suited for a mayoral role of a progressive and dynamic city. Unfortunately, most of the voters of Flint would prefer to be the sheep of idiots like The Don or Hoodrow. Hopefully, miraculously the populace of Flint will come to their senses by November. But it's Flint.......don't count on it.
Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:22 pm 
Give me a break

[quote="drmikevsvc"]
quote:
Josh schreef:
[b]Dayne walling is a loser, he will never win, mark my words. I think he needs to get busy here flint first, then run for mayor. what an insult to the flint club, he just did that so he could get his name out there.

He is a typical politician. He's more suited for a mayoral role of a progressive and dynamic city. ?.

You are doing him more harm than good. Keep it up.
Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:22 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

quote:
drmikevsvc schreef:
Dayne Walling has exactly the leadership qualities, intelligence and charisma to guide and direct the rebirth of Flint. If he does have a weakness, it's that he's TOO intelligent and forward thinking for the people of Flint. He's more suited for a mayoral role of a progressive and dynamic city. Unfortunately, most of the voters of Flint would prefer to be the sheep of idiots like The Don or Hoodrow. Hopefully, miraculously the populace of Flint will come to their senses by November. But it's Flint.......don't count on it.

Nice post. I laughed out loud! You're right he'd be fantastic in San Francisco, Seattle, New York, Chicago, etc. He already worked for the DC city office and did an incredible job helping turn that city around.

NOW ITS FLINT'S TURN!

I don't know if there is such a thing as "too smart" for any job, and he does have a brilliant mind that we need to tap into and get the city rolling again.

We need to end corruption, lower crime, make it easy to do business with the City of Flint. Turn the reputation around. Get the suburban money investing and working for Flint.

Voters showed us at the mid-term election they are sick of business as usual and want some fresh blood in there!
Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:32 pm 
Dave

Seriously, Dayne will not win. Dale is already 3 steps ahead.
Check out his awesome web site.

www.anewflint.com
Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:29 pm 
Voice Of Reason

quote:
Dave schreef:
Seriously, Dayne will not win. Dale is already 3 steps ahead.
Check out his awesome web site.

I am tired of the D. W. people.

www.anewflint.com
Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:27 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

Lets hope no other people with the initials D.W. throw their hat into the ring!
Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:09 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: