FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Possible new Genesee County Judgeship?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

Judges ask county board to expand circuit bench

HOMETOWN HEADLINES
GENESEE COUNTY
THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION

Thursday, November 09, 2006
By Ron FongerJOURNAL STAFF WRITER

http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-40/116308928638850.xml&coll=5

Genesee County Circuit Court judges are asking the county Board of Commissioners to reconsider adding a 10th judge to the court about seven months after a similar request was turned down.

Chief Judge Pro-Tem Richard B. Yuille said Wednesday that court administrators and judges are taking every opportunity to become more efficient and are ready to cut corners to keep costs down.

The State Court Administrative Office has said the addition of a judge can be justified by caseloads here, but commissioners rejected a proposal to add a judgeship in April after Controller George Martini estimated the cost of a 10th judge at $500,000 per year.

---end---

The Genesee County Family and Civil Court are congested. We can have some assurance that is true because the Supreme Court after study came to that conclusion.

Imagine the pain for divorcing couples when their trial dates keep getting postponed! Imagine how much more help judges can be to children in harms way if they had fewer cases and could spend more time on each childs case in a child protective proceeding?

The county commissioners should fully and publicly debate this issue so the tax payers will know the new judgeship is needed.

We must then need to elect the best person for the job.

posted here by
Terry Bankert
11/10/06
attorneybankert@yahoo.com
Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:22 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
rapunzel

Wasn't there a county commissioners meeting today?

Would think lawyers would lobby for faster docket?

Get that assembly line movin'

My friend in the commissioners office has moved on. I don't have enough facts to speak on the issue. We do need relief in the courts.

What court takes code enforcement issues?

RAP
Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:15 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: