FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: (Libe) Liberal is no longer a four letter word

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

Libe...

Liberal is no longer a four letter word!!!!

My participation in this great Democratic victory was minor. My role was simply a liaison with the endorsed judicial candidate Robert Weiss. Some involvement in voter protection at Mt Tabor, no republicans showed. I helped raise a couple bucks for the young democrats.

But having been away for 10 years let me make several observations.

1.The Genesee County coordinated campaign process is phenomenally inclusive. Great job.

2.The local Democratic leadership on several levels was focused , allowed full participation but seems to not have allowed the petty infighting to surface that has marred Democratic efforts in the past. Great job.

3.The party really only exists at conventions and during elections and my impression is that the party is alive and well in Genesee County. New people, young dems a variety of caucus coexisting under the greatest political banner of the century, the Democratic Party.

4.Consider how to capture and keep alive that enthusiasm, keep the new people active. I watched Howard Dean this morning at one of his many press conference. He is keeping the party’s field operation alive in preparation for the 2008 battles that are won by 2007 preparation. I suggest the Genesee County Democratic Party do the same.

5. There is room for leadership in the Genesee County Democratic Party whose last name is not Kildee or Cherry.

I will volunteer for any mission that will help grow the Genesee County Democratic Party.

WHY ARE WE HERE

“Strange is our situation here upon earth. Each of us comes for a short visit, not knowing why, yet sometimes seeming to a divine purpose. From the standpoint of daily life however, there is one thing we do know: That we are here for the sake of others...for the countless unknown souls with whose fate we are connected by a bond of sympathy. Many times a day, I realize how much my own outer and inner life is built upon the labors of people, both living and dead, and how earnestly I must exert my self in order to give in return as much as I have received.” by Albert Einstein

I believe these things!

What do you believe?

Terry Bankert
11/09/06
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flintcitizen/
Post Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:20 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

I believe you should send a thank you card to our liberal so called Republican president and the liberal over-spending Republicans in congress that jacked up the Republican party. lol
Post Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:33 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: