FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Rudy Giulani and Michael Dyson spar on tv show

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

http://thedailybanter.com/2014/11/rudy-giuliani-goes-balls-racist-meet-press/#Gz6084DgvBa9Ivrf.
The Dailey Banter

Rudy Giuliani Goes Balls-Out Racist On Meet The Press

Tommy Christopher on November 23, 2014

Read more at http://thedailybanter.com/2014/11/rudy-giuliani-goes-balls-racist-meet-press/#7qAky5DIeXJDxuCG.99

The decision by Governor Jay Nixon (D-MO) to declare a state of emergency in his state ahead of the grand jury decision in the killing of Michael Brown has been a hot topic this week, and resulted in a very clarifying moment on NBC’s Meet The Press Sunday morning. In discussing cities with disproportionately white police forces, giuliani decided to change the subject to, what else, so-called “black-on-black crime,” a favorite hobby horse of police apologists, but one which is usually played for concern-trolling effect. Not this time.

Giuliani brought up the statistic that 93% of black homicide victims are killed by black people, and wondered why this doesn’t sufficiently distract people from caring when cops kill unarmed black people. “I would like to see the attention paid to that that you are paying to this, and the solutions so to that,” Giuliani said.

Panelist and Georgetown University Professor Michael Eric Dyson quickly pointed out the false equivalence at work there, given that “most black people who commit crimes against black people go to jail,” and that “they are not sworn by the police department as a agent of the state to uphold the law.”

That’s when Giuliani, straining to get his racist words in edgewise, explicitly exposed the white police state’s philosophy: that black communities, that black people, are inherently criminal.

Giuliani: “It’s the reason for the heavy police presence in the black community.”

Dyson: “The police presence cannot make a distinction between those who are criminals, and those who call the police to stop the criminals.”

Giuliani: “What about the poor black child killed by another black child? Why aren’t you protesting?”

Dyson: “I do protest, I’m a minister. They go to jail. Why don’t you talk about the way in which white policemen have undercut the abilities of Americans to live?”

Giuliani: “So why don’t you cut it down so so many white police officers don’t have to be in black areas? I put white police officers…”

Giuliani: “How about 70 do 75% of the crime in my city takes place in black cities?”

Dyson: “How about your attitude reinforces the problematic perspective that prevails in the culture?”

Giuliani: “How about you reduce crime? The white polive officers won’t be there if you weren’t killing each other.“

Holy shit. There are almost too many racist white policing tropes to unpack there, but let’s begin with the most glaringly racist thing that Giuliani said, which is that Michael Eric Dyson, who has never killed anyone as far as I know, needs to stop killing so many people. Obviously, when Giuliani uses the word “you,” he means it in the plural “you black people” sense, but by saying it to Dyson, he illustrates the absurdity of the police mindset that has them “reasonably suspecting” nine innocent black men out of every ten, for example, or gunning them down for holding toys. To Giuliani and his ilk, black people aren’t being killed by criminals, they are killing each other, so the cops aren’t there to protect black people, they are there to pacify a population that is killing each other.

Now, there are some in the racism as “realism” community who will say “Buthe’s not being racist, he’s just speaking uncomfortable truths. The STATS! They are killing each other.”

The funny thing about that statistic, though, is that it comes from a report by the Bureau of Justice Statistics that says this in the very same sentence:

About 93% of black homicide victims and 85% of white victims in single victim and single offender homicides were murdered by someone of their race.

Well, what do you know. So, do white people also need to “stop killing each other,” too? For Whatever Reason™, people like Giuliani look at those stats and see black people as the threat, but not white people. The unfortunate thing is that it is becoming ever more acceptable to share this view in polite company. If there is a silver lining, it is that Giuliani has just helpfully decoded the thinking behind Governor Nixon’s controversial decision.
Post Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:33 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/rudy-giuliani-and-michael-eric-dyson-collide-fiery-meet-press-debate-video
Post Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:38 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/11/24/rudy-guiliani-myth-black-on-black-crime/

Rudy Guiliani And The Myth Of Black On Black Crime

Author: Left Wing Nation November 24, 2014 1:20 pm

You know, I wish I didn’t have to use the phrase “White Supremacy” so much but, lately, it’s the only thing that can make sense of how conservatives talk to (and about) minorities. And apparently, I’m not the only person who’s noticed this.

On Sunday’s “Meet the Press,” Rudy Giuliani (who is white) and Professor Eric Dyson were discussing race and how poorly the police treat minority communities. Giuliani couldn’t figure out why Dyson would think having white police officers police black communities would be a problem:

Giuliani then urged Dyson to “cut it [the black-on-black crime rate] down, so so many white police officers don’t have to be in black areas.”

Giuliani noted that 70 – 75% of the crime that takes place in New York is in black areas, apparently not remembering that Wall Street isn’t a “black area.”

Then, Giuliani whitesplained:

“White police officers wouldn’t be there if you weren’t killing each other.”

“The white police officers wouldn’t be there if you weren’t killing each other 70-75% of the time.”

Wow. That’s right out of the the conservative book, “Black People Are Violent Animals And Need Whites To Keep Them In Line” (Koch & Reagan, 1980). It’s unclear why black cops would be unable to police black communities, and it never comes up. I’m sure it has to do with white people knowing better how to maintain law and order, because the White Man’s Burden is a heavy one and blacks are just ingrates. . . or something.

As for all this horrible black-on-black crime, I’m sure Giuliani would be shocked, SHOCKED, to discover, as Wendy Gittleson at “Addicting Info” points out, that according to the FBI, 83% of white people are killed by. . . other white people. Actually, that’s bullshit. Giuliani wouldn’t be shocked at all. I’ll bet my left kidney his response would be: “Yeah, but that’s different.”

Despiute Giuliani’s insultingly racist stupidity, Dyson’s response was perfect:

“Look at this! This is the defensive mechanism of white supremacy in your mind sir!”

And there it is: White Supremacy. You see, White Supremacy is more than just people with swastikas and white hoods. They’re just the most visual, and creepy aspect of it. White Supremacy is a thought process that you might not even be aware of. It’s the idea that up above you read “Rudy Giuliani (who is white)” and it seemed odd and out of place, but if I had written “Professor Eric Dyson (who is black)” you wouldn’t have even noticed.

White Supremacy is when white people talk about their friend and mention that he’s black but would never mention the color of their white friends. For white people, their color is invisible and irrelevant, not to be discussed. For blacks, it magically becomes a defining characteristic.

White Supremacy is when a black man commits a crime and the news almost ALWAYS reports him as black and he somehow reflects poorly on all black people, everywhere. But when a white man commits a crime, not only does the news rarely report his race, no one asks, “Why isn’t the white community condemning this person?” White people get to be individuals. Black people are all lumped together as a faceless whole.

Giuliani also pulled out the tired talking point of the black child killed by gang violence and why aren’t we screaming about that? The reason we don’t freak out is because no matter how much conservatives insist it is, race is not a factor. But this is another perfect example of White Supremacy. According to Giuliani, this is a “black” thing and needs to be dealt with, but pedophiles are overwhelmingly white. Where’s the outrage of the white community? There’s a hell of a lot more kids being sexually assaulted by white men than kids being killed by black men. Why isn’t the white community speaking out against it?

Oh, right! There is no such thing as the “white community” because white crime is always an individual affair and white skin is always invisible and irrelevant when a crime is committed, especially murder. It’s only when blacks kill blacks that we should care because blacks are violent something something something.

It’s great to be white in ‘Murika, but shhhhh! Don’t talk about it.
Post Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:43 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: