FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Proud to live in Flint? AlGarcia Mlive Flint Town Talk
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Copyied from a post by AlGarcia on Mlive:

quote:
I still cant believe that some people say they are proud and happy to live in Flint.
A little girl lays in a Toledo hospital after her Flint home is FIREBOMBED..Unreal, is this Beruit or Bagdad? You cant even tuck your child safely in bed without worrying if some cold blooded bastard is going to throw a fire bomb in a window. Isnt this the same town where a little 5 year old girl died or starvation and neglect in her eastside home? Is this the same place where another beautiful little girl was shot in a drive by as she was taking a test drive with her family? You say you are proud?

You honestly are happy to be living in a place like this? An innocent man is killed because he was doing "what was right" in helping the police solve a crime?

Do you really like living in a city like this? A place where people care more about a run down park being painted maize and blue or Spartan green?

Flint deserves the type of dysfunctional leadership it elects. A city that elects Woodrow Stanley, kicks him out and then elects Don Williamson. Then they vote out a city counsel that trys to do whats right and elects stuffed puppets like
Gonzales and soon to be doing federal time Jackie Poplar.

Now it looks like you actually might be sending Patsy "MOO" to Lansing. Residents of Flint deserve what you get. What a sad pathetic place.

http://www.mlive.com/forums/flint/index.ssf?artid=63727

Last edited by Steve Myers on Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:22 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

FLINT
THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION
Friday, July 28, 2006
By Kim Crawford
kcrawford@flintjournal.com • 810.766.6242
QUICK TAKE
Wanted

Flint police are looking for Trahaun Robinson in connection with the firebombing of a Flint house Thursday.

Robinson, 29, is 5-foot-8, 150 pounds with short hair and a goatee. He also is known as "Little Man."

Anyone with any information can call Flint police Sgt. Jeff Collins at (810) 237-6911 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 422-JAIL.

In a Toledo hospital, Latoya Bryant of Flint kept vigil Thursday near her 7-year-old daughter, Timia, who is clinging to life after their home was firebombed.

The little girl's uncle, Anthony Bryant, 28, who survived a gunshot wound to the chest less than two weeks ago, apparently was the intended victim of the attack early Thursday morning on Forest Hill Avenue.

Timia's grandmothers, Yvonne Bryant and Othello Gray, talked to a church group Thursday about replacing their grandchildren's clothes and toys and finding them a new place to live.

Flint police still are searching for a man they say is a suspect in the firebombing, 29-year-old Trahaun Robinson of Flint. Robinson has been charged with shooting Anthony Bryant.

Bryant and the suspect were once friends, family members say.

"This is just so stupid," Gray said. "Anthony had been (Robinson's) friend. He tried to talk to him."

Yvonne Bryant agreed.

"Trahaun was like a son to me - he practically lived with us," she said.

Gray said Anthony Bryant wasn't even home at the time of the firebombing.

A warrant charging Robinson with assault with intent to murder in the July 17 shooting of Bryant was issued before he became wanted for questioning in the firebombing at the Bryant family home, 2109 Forest Hill.

Flint arson investigators say a Molotov cocktail - a bottle or jar filled with gasoline with a burning rag stuffed into the top - was thrown through a front window of the house just after 1:15 a.m. Thursday.

While several residents, including small children, escaped from the house unharmed, Timia apparently hid in an upstairs bedroom. She was rescued by Flint firefighters and taken to Hurley Medical Center in Flint, then transported to Toledo Children's Hospital in Ohio, where she is in critical condition.

Fire officials said she inhaled super-heated smoke. A hospital spokesperson said Thursday that Timia is being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning and was placed in a hyperbaric chamber, a clear, boxlike device in which she is given pure oxygen administered at higher-than-normal air pressure.

"What we don't know about is if she's suffered brain damage," Gray said Thursday.

Gray called Timia an adorable little girl who enjoys tumbling and martial arts classes.

"She's slight and sweet, and now we could lose her," Gray said.

Court documents show Robinson has a lengthy criminal record. In September 1994, when Robinson was 17, he was acquitted of assault with intent to murder in a shooting he was alleged to have committed in January of that year.

Robinson and two other teenagers also were charged that year with shooting and burning the body of Dontae Mays in a garage on Grace Street.

In that case, Robinson pleaded no contest in November 1994 to the mutilation of a body and was sentenced to 3 years in state prison. In exchange for his plea, the office of then-Genesee County Prosecutor Arthur Busch dropped charges of assault with intent to murder and felony firearms.

http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-38/1154096425201500.xml&coll=5&thispage=2
Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:25 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Richard
F L I N T O I D

With all the shit happening in Flint, I honestly believe it may be safer in Irag than Flint, Michigan. How can that be? Why does the senseless killing, shooting, self-destruction, continue to happenthere? Perhaps we need to drop a nuke on Flint to clean the whole damn place out and start over.
Food for thought!
Post Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:20 pm 
Dee

I'm from Flint & it's very sad what I see and here is happening in my home town. I moved away 15yrs ago to better myself because I saw that things were not going to improve. I never, ever thought I would ever be afraid to return to my hometown. When I do visit I'm terrified of going to the store or to visti a friend or even sit on the porch. How did it get this way! I have family that stills lives there and everyday I'm afraid for their lives. My only brother was shot in the head at work on 9/3/05. He worked on Carpenter Rd. for JJ Market. Becasue of so much crime people are afraid to tell. Now some stupid man or woman is laughing as they get away with murder. When will it stop.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I pray that God have mercy on the city and everyone that lives in it. I thought I would retire in the city but now I'm afraid to visit my own home town. This must STOP!!!!!!!!!
IF ANYONE KNOWS WHO KILLED DAVID WALKER JR. PLEASE, PLEASE FOR GOD SAKE PLEASE CONTACT THE POLICE. HE DIDN'T DESERVE IT.

GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!
Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:56 pm 
Scat

Flint is not that bad of a place to live. All you need is a little common sense & respect. Don't let a few ignorant criminals ruin something so beautiful. Flint is true to itself. We all hate each other until someone wants to challange the city. Then we bond together as one.

Of course there are parts of the city you shouldn't go to. That is where common sense comes into play. You need to know your boundries. And you need to know when to keep your mouth shut. Peoples egos are often the cause of their demise.

People die in Flint because they dont know how to adapt. If you grow up here...you know the drill. You know to be defensive...and very cautious in any situation. Outsiders coming into the city refuse to change...because they are to proud. They think "These people are going respect me" "Who the hell do these people think they are standing in the street like they own it". But thats not how this city works.

When you come to Flint....you lose any credibility you have anywhere outside the city. You have to be on your toes. And earn respect from the city residents. If you arnt part of this community.....and you disrespect the culture....you will meet your maker fairly quickly.

My point is, Flint isnt bad. Its actually a very tight knit community. Just use common sense, and you will be fine.

I would keep my hands in my pockets at all times.
Post Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:10 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Don't let a few ignorant criminals ruin something so beautiful.
HUH? Are you talking about Flint, CA, Flint GA, Flint ID, Flint Il Where are you talking about?? FEW Criminals??? Flint currently has well over 13,000 open warrents for arrest of Criminals in this city. That is 11 percent of the city's population! That's not a FEW!!

quote:
Of course there are parts of the city you shouldn't go to.

WHY? WHY! WHY! WHY! Should anyone have to be careful about going into any part of any city? What are you really trying to say??? I'm not welcome on the other side f the river?
quote:
You need to know your boundries.

quote:
People die in Flint because they dont know how to adapt.
Right, Buy a handgun, get a permit and learn how to use it! Is that what you really mean?

quote:
If you arnt part of this community.....and you disrespect the culture....you will meet your maker fairly quickly.

So are you saying people aren't free to live the way they want to? I'm betting there is a reason behind your online name. I'm betting it's because your full of something...

quote:
My point is, Flint isnt bad. Its actually a very tight knit community. Just use common sense, and you will be fine.
Now I'm sure your not talking about Flint Michigan.
Post Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:46 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
FAY MONTGOMERY

after reading the comments about not being able to go anywhere you want to in flint, this is not the 60's and you should not be afraid to go to certain neighborhoods but we all are. we were flint natives and visit once a year. for those misinformed folk indicating about keeping your mouth shout, put your self in my shoes ok my son david walker was killed at work so tell me who was not where he was supposed to be . the flint police are giving me the run around about his murder it is a shame that people are taking the dont snitch attitude and they will until it happens to them!!!!! if anyone can assist me in finding the murder regarding david walker jr, there is a reward for you thanks fay montgomery fazee2@aol.com
Post Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:11 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

Blame it on the culture. Blacks have adapted a mind set that everything is owed them and they deserve it and are very aggressive! That is crap and not fair to the rest of this country's people! When you speak of Flint remember the racial makeup and who is killing who. One thing you probably do not need to worry about is a race war in Flint. At this point if you could just get the residents to give up their guns and drugs and learn some FREAKING RESPECT, problem solved. I just had my car stolen and know first hand what it is like to want to kick somone's ass. But, it solves nothing. Get over it and move in a more positive direction.
Post Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:27 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I agree that a person should be able to go into any area of Flint if they want to. I can tell you though, better not if you value your life. I'm surprised Lawrence E. Moon Funeral Home can stay in business where he is located. That area has become one of the most violent areas in Flint but, sure is good business for him. Do you dare as a white person ever drive Dupont or Detroit Street into the downtown area? Not unless you're crazy. I used to work at the Zelley Funeral Home on Franklin in the 70's and it was a pretty decent neighborhood then. Can't say that anymore. My last trip to Flint I went to Angelo's on Franklin & Richfield for coney's. That area is now getting scary too. Before long even the well established Brown Funeral Home will have to convert to a black operation or close all together just like the old Reigle/Collins Funeral Home on Clio Road did. Brown's too will close just by the change of the people.
Post Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:35 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
the flint police are giving me the run around about his murder it is a shame that people are taking the dont snitch attitude and they will until it happens to them

See http://www.cityofflint.net/don't_snitch_stupidity.htm
and
http://www.cityofflint.net/Conspiracy_of_silence.htm

This doesn't exist as much as the Police and procescuter want you to believe it does. If police really wanted to find out. They could. But you don't question witnesses in front of the people that just committed the crime.

Yeah right, Identify the suspect while he is standing in front o you and police. The officer refuses to arrest them. they get out of jail on Bond and Police refuse to respond when the suspect harasses and then kills you for coming forward. If you read the Flint journal, You know I'm not making this up. One of the more visable incidents just happened on the east side. within the last two months. It was in the Paper.
Post Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
the flint police are giving me the run around about his murder it is a shame that people are taking the dont snitch attitude and they will until it happens to them

See http://www.cityofflint.net/don't_snitch_stupidity.htm & http://www.cityofflint.net/Conspiracy_of_silence.htm

This doesn't exist as much as the Police and procescuter want you to believe it does. If police really wanted to find out. They could. But you don't question witnesses in front of the people that just committed the crime.

Yeah right, Identify the suspect while he is standing in front o you and police. The officer refuses to arrest them. they get out of jail on Bond and Police refuse to respond when the suspect harasses and then kills you for coming forward. If you read the Flint journal, You know I'm not making this up. One of the more visable incidents just happened on the east side. within the last two months. It was in the Paper. [/quote]
Post Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:12 pm 
fay

wow gentlemen thanks for the negative response. getting over the murder of a child does not happen over nite and i pray to God that you are never, never in that positioin!!! i have sense enough to know that you dont snitch in front of the person duh. i will continue to search for information regarding my sons death. so say all the negative stuff that you want about blacks killing blacks and whatever, it does not matter the color of the skin of the killer. imagine losing your child trust me it is not a picnic. all i was hoping from this site was some information not negative responses.
Post Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:53 pm 
pissedoffmamabear

I Thank God my husband has his concealed weapons permit, When ever we go into Flint, he takes his GUN with him now, After the brutal murder of our Son, and the nature of this kind of killing going on in Flint, I would never enter Flint without a pistol, and this is sad, very sad, I grew up in Flint and I am ashamed of Flint, the problem is with Drug enforcement, most of these killers are Crack heads, Drug Dealers, causing problems, Gang Violence, the killer of my son and his friends have PROJECT MOB tattoed on their ARMS,,,now tell me thier are no GANG problems in Flint, he told the JUDGE< My FRIENDS are paying for my Lawyer, his DRUG DEALER friends,,,are paying for his defense, I seen the GANG talking with the DIRT BAG LAWYER,,,We can only Pray every night he is convicted, and sent away for ever, so he cannot hurt anyone anymore, and to you , the idiot that says people need to respect Flint and know where to go, Well I will go where ever I want in Flint, and if you dont like my BLONDE hair, than KISS my WHITE ASS
Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:27 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:

quote:
I still cant believe that some people say they are proud and happy to live in Flint.
A little girl lays in a Toledo hospital after her Flint home is FIREBOMBED..Unreal, is this Beruit or Bagdad? You cant even tuck your child safely in bed without worrying if some cold blooded bastard is going to throw a fire bomb in a window. Isnt this the same town where a little 5 year old girl died or starvation and neglect in her eastside home? Is this the same place where another beautiful little girl was shot in a drive by as she was taking a test drive with her family? You say you are proud?

You honestly are happy to be living in a place like this? An innocent man is killed because he was doing "what was right" in helping the police solve a crime?

Do you really like living in a city like this? A place where people care more about a run down park being painted maize and blue or Spartan green?

Flint deserves the type of dysfunctional leadership it elects. A city that elects Woodrow Stanley, kicks him out and then elects Don Williamson. Then they vote out a city counsel that trys to do whats right and elects stuffed puppets like
Gonzales and soon to be doing federal time Jackie Poplar.

Now it looks like you actually might be sending Patsy "MOO" to Lansing. Residents of Flint deserve what you get. What a sad pathetic place.

http://www.mlive.com/forums/flint/index.ssf?artid=63727

Its not that bad, but it does need improvemnt. I say we get together and make it better. Don't just stand around, get involved. Help clean it up, VOTE for qualified canidates.

Demand better services!

Stop thinking just cause you may live in the suburbs, that Flint doesn't effect you. It does, and suburbs effect Flint. If one is screwed up, the other is as well.

Everyone needs to do something, big or small. Once everyone is doing something things will change a lot faster!
Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Al Garcia

Come on Ryan.....stop riding the fence, facts are facts and things are bad, really made. Factual numbers dont lie.
The worst part is that thr low life of Flint have no conscience (sp). These people can kill someone and actually sleep well at night, You know and the seeing is believing residents of Flint knows it.
I know that your future political positioning might require you to clean those rose colored glasses and I can respect that in a way.
But residents of Flint deserve to know what plans that young Political Bucks like Dale, Dayne and yourself have in store.
Why arent you guys pounding on Congressman Kildee's door demanding that those big fat federal contracts that go to other states? Why arent't those thousands and thousands of miltary humvees being distroyed over in Iraq being repaired in other states and then shipped to another state to be reinforced with bullet proof armor ? Doesn't Washington feel obligated to award Flint those type of contracts?
Lets hope Democrats win big on Tuesday so they can add all that pork to legislation. If the democrats want to spend the money, Flint deserves to get its piece of the federal pie.
Drug and Guns.....enough said. How many young innocent children are going to die from a bullet before people say enoug in enough. Flint needs to take back their neighborhoods. Flint needs to love their children. Flint is a city that has lost its way. What is the plan?
"its not that bad, but it does need improvement"....what do you mean by that? Thats something I would hear from Don Williamson while wearing his patriotic hard hat.
You say "Demand better services" Well, I havent lived in Flint for years and I know for a fact that people have been demanding better service for decades now and if you couldn't squeeze water from a rock 20 years ago, your definately not squeezing that rock in Flint today.
CAN I GET AN AMEN?
Most of Flint can smell what I'm steppin' in. Flint might be sad and depressed but it aint stupid!
I challenge any candidate thinking about a future in local politics to talk about their plan for Flint. What will you TRY to do?
Lets all admit it, history shows the political "bar" hasnt been set that high in Flint.
Lets start right at City Hall. Don and the Stuffed Puppets have to go. Lets clean the entire house (sorry Kincaid) I said the entire house. Pack up and no need to leave a forwarding address. Just leave please!
Ryan, just make sure you don't write your own polical speeches. I'm available for a small fee and I can send them to you via e-mail.
And, I thought I was the one that lived in Eutopia.
Best of luck!
Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:11 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: