FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Republicans are unameican

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
gadfly

Can't trust family values party
FLINT JOURNAL LETTER TO THE EDITOR
FLINT
THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION
http://www.mlive.com/columns/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-9/1162306422205600.xml&coll=5#continue

Tuesday, October 31, 2006
JOURNAL READER
The so-called party of family values seems to have a major problem. Never in the history of this country has a political party had such absolute control, and such widespread hypocrisy and corruption, as does this group of Republicans.
Although they were elected by claiming the moral high ground, we have seen a result that seems to be much closer to moral bankruptcy. Congressmen Tom DeLay, Duke Cunningham and Robert Ney have been the poster boys for greed and abuse of power. House Speaker Dennis Hastert is now involved in an immoral cover-up of an ex-congressman who was forced to resign for exploiting teenage House pages. Lobbyists, like convicted felon Jack Abramoff, have been given free access to both the Bush White House and Congress.
Most recently, a former White House staffer tells us that insiders in the Bush administration actually joke about and mock the Evangelical leaders that they used so effectively to get elected, calling them "nuts" and "goofs."
Who could possibly trust this bunch? Those in the political left, and center sure can't. Now it seems like the Religious Right can't trust them, either. These people have abused their right to hold office. I, for one, will be voting straight Democratic this year.
Tim Sneller
Flint

6;29 am 11/1/06 lets see how long this stays up....
Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:30 am 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Democrats have failed and hurt our state...now they will go away, with our help and the Republicans, with our help, can rebuild Michigan....

Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:54 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
gadfly schreef:
Can't trust family values party
FLINT JOURNAL LETTER TO THE EDITOR
FLINT
THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION
http://www.mlive.com/columns/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-9/1162306422205600.xml&coll=5#continue

Tuesday, October 31, 2006
JOURNAL READER
The so-called party of family values seems to have a major problem. Never in the history of this country has a political party had such absolute control, and such widespread hypocrisy and corruption, as does this group of Republicans.
Although they were elected by claiming the moral high ground, we have seen a result that seems to be much closer to moral bankruptcy. Congressmen Tom DeLay, Duke Cunningham and Robert Ney have been the poster boys for greed and abuse of power. House Speaker Dennis Hastert is now involved in an immoral cover-up of an ex-congressman who was forced to resign for exploiting teenage House pages. Lobbyists, like convicted felon Jack Abramoff, have been given free access to both the Bush White House and Congress.
Most recently, a former White House staffer tells us that insiders in the Bush administration actually joke about and mock the Evangelical leaders that they used so effectively to get elected, calling them "nuts" and "goofs."
Who could possibly trust this bunch? Those in the political left, and center sure can't. Now it seems like the Religious Right can't trust them, either. These people have abused their right to hold office. I, for one, will be voting straight Democratic this year.
Tim Sneller
Flint

6;29 am 11/1/06 lets see how long this stays up....

Amen Brother!! Your Preachin to the Choir
Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Did everyone forget about Monica Lewinsky?

For one thing Bush does not seem as conservative as Ronald Reagan or as good of a leader so that does make Republicans look bad.

If you look at local politics I think you'd see Flint was in much better shape under Republican leadership. Republicans are the party for big business medium business, and small business. The democrats are definately the party for welfare jobs though. For a quiz does anyone know who Billy Durant was and who his grandfather was. It might take thousands of workers to form a union but it takes the grandson of Flints Republican governor to start a company.
Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:49 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:

Democrats have failed and hurt our state...now they will go away, with our help and the Republicans, with our help, can rebuild Michigan....

Ooh Rahh! LOL LMAO Thanks Steve. I needed some comic relief. I wonder if that is a true "in the arena" picture.
Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:57 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

LMAO. I LOVE that picture.

Kerry, what a MORON.

And he tries to spin it...well I was just trying to insult the president, I was referring to the president...yeah right.

well go back and parse what you said JFK.....if you really think that statement refers to the president,

then we know what happens to uneducated morons [or drunken deep sea drivers]...they become Senators from Massachusetts.

what a buffoon.

As a pundit says, that Kerry, he's always been an arrogant, sarcastic ass. usually he hides it, but when he sticks his foot in it, he can't just say 'my bad" his ego won't allow it. He has to try to get out from under it without shouldering any blame.

THANK GOD he wasn't elected president, and will never be now either.

totally unfit. idiot.

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:53 am 
rapunzel

yeah, right . Fool meant what he said in the first place.
Why back off the TRUTH!

Many young kids get in trouble with the law...NO room in jail take a sentence in IRAQ!

Next best thing to the draft.
We need more troops ...send our boys in at half measure.

My daddy taught me do it right or do not do it.
Send em all or send none!

Bless our boys!
Screw election rhetoric send em all to to the job or bring em home!
Peace,
RAP
Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:33 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

How come democratic leadership seems to be talking about sending more troops to IRAQ, Talking about implementing the Draft. Yet, the Commanders on the ground aren't?

What I really find funny, is... aren't those some of the same poeple that were pointing fingers at the president a few years back. Trying to iply he wanted to initiate the draft again? I could be Wrong!
Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:16 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

That's not a bad idea to give prisoners the option of military service instead of county jail time. That would reduce crime and save us money.
Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:23 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam Ford schreef:
That's not a bad idea to give prisoners the option of military service instead of county jail time. That would reduce crime and save us money.

not really. it would take more resources to watch over them and keep them under control.

clearly the military is serious about responding to out of control soldiers.

Now. Soldiers taking advantage of civilians in a war zone, has always happened. ALWAYS. There just wasn't the press covering it in the old days. it forces commanders to respond where in the past they'd turn a blind eye, too much of a distraction.
So do you really want to put proven criminals with automatic weapons into a war zone? Do you really think they'll become courageous and respond under fire, appropriately , like soldiers are trained to do? Nope. They're cowards first, will take the easy way..shoot unarmed people in the back is more their style.

I'd fear these guys would go awol over to Iran [and be touted by those guys] before they'd fight for their country.

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:52 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: