FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Put your Money on Patsy Lou Williamson!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Rich

Patsy is out in full force getting out the vote. This political Flint Dynasty is just begining. She will bring more Funds to flint. Don Williamson WILL WIN RE ELECTION too.

They are in it to leave a legacy, and to make Flint better.
Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:42 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

OK Cool, But the Don has been in office for about three years now. With complete control for just over two years. In that time. Crime is up 29 percent and there are no new jobs. For every Job or Business the Mayor spouts as progress you can point to two that have either closed or will close within a year. or Job that has left the City.

So what progress are you talking about when you mention bringing money to Flint? Political Payoffs? Friends of the Mayor getting Contracts to do work for the City without having Council Approval or even following the Bid process?

Please help me out. I personally wouldn't care what the Mayor was doing... IF he was doing the Job he was elected to do. Was doing the Job he claimed he was going to. Bring accountability to government at the Local Level. See to me.. that meant that officials would finally be accountable for thier actions, Police would finally be held accountable for crime, etc. However, the opposite is true. Crime continues to rise, Police still refuse to do their jobs, The mayor doesn't even hold himself accountable for his own actions.

I voted for him. I am still waiting for any number of his promises to actually come true. So, far he has spent more on equipment and services for the City and called it a savings. I just don't understand that math. When you spend 1.5 million instead of 1.25 that is not a savings. That's an increase.

Poeple are starting to see it.
Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

Patsy is running as a Democrat? What? Here are her campaign contributions. She is a fraud.

WILLIAMSON, PATSY L MRS
FLINT,MI 48503
SELF/CAR DEALER

11/5/2001
$600
National Republican Congressional Cmte

9/22/2003
$500

5/27/2003
$300

6/16/2003
$1,000
Stabenow, Debbie

12/5/2003
$2,000
Bush, George W

2/2/2001
$500
Republican National Cmte

6/15/2001
$500
Republican National Cmte

5/15/2004
$300
America's PAC

9/20/2001
$200
Republican National Cmte

1/10/2003
$500
Republican National Cmte

9/3/2002
$200
Republican National Cmte

12/12/2002
$200
Republican National Cmte
Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:54 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Why is she a fraud??

She has the right to donate her money to whomever she sees fit.

BTW

Ronald Reagan was originally a Democrat, supporting Franklin D. Roosevelt and his New Deal.

Was he a fraud??
Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Dayne Wallin is a REPUBLICAN!
Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:04 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

I see a true Republican as a business owner and job creator or being pro-business. I think we need more businesses and less not profits taking up potential real jobs in this city. I'm a little offended that you called Dayne a Republican. The more social welfare programs we have the less money we have to support local businesses and the more taxes they have to pay. Fortunately for them there are Republicn cities like Lapeer that care about businesses. Lapeer doesn't have a Lapeer Club, Mott Foundation (Republican founder) or many other social welfare programs. I doubt they have proportionaly half as many community groups or meetings. Which city is better. Dayne is a very intelligent Democrat but he's definately no Republican.
Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:48 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

Hey Steve,

(I love Flint Talk bro!)

She has the "right" - you're correct. However, it's not ethical or in the public interest, however, to donate the maximum legal allowable amount to one political party, then run on another.

That's the same thing as donating millions to the Pro-Life charities for instance, but then running as a Pro-Choice candidate. That's fraud. If you say you believe or represent a set of beliefs or an agenda, but in private are invested in another and fail to disclose such, I think you'll find that's a textbook definition of fraud.

Her actions are misleading and just plain wrong. The public hates frauds and being lied to. Witness:

Bush/Iraq approval ratings
Enron

BTW, you copied the line:

"Ronald Reagan was originally a Democrat, supporting Franklin D. Roosevelt and his New Deal."

straight from Wikipedia.org, and didn't appropriately source it. That's called plagiarism -- another example of fraud. I'm not calling you that, just showing you what the definition is - there are varying levels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Reagan#Early_political_career

Sorry to be so harsh man, but I check facts for a living, and the truth is all I'm (or anyone should be) interested in.

Roscoe

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
Why is she a fraud??

She has the right to donate her money to whomever she sees fit.

BTW

Ronald Reagan was originally a Democrat, supporting Franklin D. Roosevelt and his New Deal.

Was he a fraud??
Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:45 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

"Gosh, Can't We All Just Get Along?, she is a good person, lay off her"

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:01 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: