FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: ameriCAN not ameriCANT Rayan Eashoo is the M A N !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Jack

DAyne Walling Mayor
Ryan Eashoo City Administrator?

I hear thats the plan?
Post Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:27 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

Ryan Eashoo

I know Ryan and consider him a good friend. I don't know if he has the qualifications to manage the day-to-day agenda of a large (>100,000) US city. He certainly has the spirit to do so. He has done an amazing job on the Historic Committee and his insights on real estate and the community make him perfect for many roles in the next city government.

UAW/GM/Union/Toyota

Nissan (and foreign car companies like them) HAVE to have a plant (or plants) in the US. So they built it in the cheapest labor spot they could find, typically southern US states. 4,000 jobs is better than nothing, but that money goes right back to Japan. Nissan is NOT an American company. The local economy benefits, but not the national. $20 an hour for what those factory workers go through each day is not that great.

Last edited by John Wilson on Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:00 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

What qualifactions does it take to run a city? to make sound decisions! Obviously it doesn't even require a high school degree. However, You may have proved the point with my example!
Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:10 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
What qualifactions does it take to run a city? to make sound decisions! Obviously it doesn't even require a high school degree. However, You may have proved the point with my example!

Spelling "qualifications" correctly would be a start. I tried to go to the City of Flint Website to look up qualifications, but their site is down.

Apparently their Webmaster doesn't have a high school degree... obviously!
Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:24 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Oh WHAA!! Big Deal. If only everyone was a perfect as you. That's what happens when you attempt to respond to so much stupidity. It begins to rub off. Especially when you’re in a rush.

As far as the City's website. Too many people are starting to use it. They are noticing how poorly the Mayor is actually handling it's updates. Or should I say Lack thereof. It's another Don conspiracy. LOL
Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:24 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Actually, It seems to me. The role of the Mayor is to provide leadership!

If he provides the correct leadership and places the appropriate people in positions of authority, ie. Police Chief, Fire Chief, City administrator, Finance and Budget directors, etc.

His main responsibility would be to provide the leadership to implement his ideas/plans. Provide direction. A good leader will surround himself with people that are all smarter than he/she is. People that he can trust to get the job done. Implement the plan, overcome obstacles.

If the Don was doing that. I nor anyone else would care if he could read or write! I don’t care if the Mayor has a high school, college or elementary education. Good ideas, good leadership will make flint grow.
Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:14 am 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
I don’t care if the Mayor has a high school, college or elementary education. Good ideas, good leadership will make flint grow.

Ted,

Good leaders are not good enough. We need GREAT leaders in Flint. World class leaders. The kind of "untouchables" that are needed to battle the corruption, crime, poor ethics, and fundamental ignorance that defines many Flint "leaders" today.

And I have a strong, sneaking suspicion that lack of education is one of the reasons why Flint's leaders seem to attract corruption, legal problems, and a whole host of issues that seem to plague it.

This is not to say that educated people are not prone to problems; George W. Bush went to Yale and look what a mess he made of his administration.

However, at the local level, and in Flint's case, Dayne Walling is an example of a leader who has the training, experience, and education that would bring a higher level of leadership to the Flint's mayoral office. He's also got charisma and excellent public speaking skills, which are also key.

You certainly don't go to the Super Bowl with your second string players. You go with your best.

For instance, I can't understand the strange logic that people have about Dayne's leaving Flint to get an education, work experience, then returning with his training to better Flint.

Most COUNTRIES do this! They send their kids to America, get an education, then bring them back to help run the place!

Dayne is the best the area has to offer, and I anxiously await the other candidates to throw their hat into the ring and start the debate and the race.

It's going to be one of Flint's most exciting ever.
Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:38 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:

On that I completely agree! Very Happy
Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:42 am 
Judy

quote:
Roscoe Van Zandt schreef:
quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
I don’t care if the Mayor has a high school, college or elementary education. Good ideas, good leadership will make flint grow.

Ted,

Good leaders are not good enough. We need GREAT leaders in Flint. World class leaders. The kind of "untouchables" that are needed to battle the corruption, crime, poor ethics, and fundamental ignorance that defines many Flint "leaders" today.

And I have a strong, sneaking suspicion that lack of education is one of the reasons why Flint's leaders seem to attract corruption, legal problems, and a whole host of issues that seem to plague it.

This is not to say that educated people are not prone to problems; George W. Bush went to Yale and look what a mess he made of his administration.

However, at the local level, and in Flint's case, Dayne Walling is an example of a leader who has the training, experience, and education that would bring a higher level of leadership to the Flint's mayoral office. He's also got charisma and excellent public speaking skills, which are also key.

You certainly don't go to the Super Bowl with your second string players. You go with your best.

For instance, I can't understand the strange logic that people have about Dayne's leaving Flint to get an education, work experience, then returning with his training to better Flint.

Most COUNTRIES do this! They send their kids to America, get an education, then bring them back to help run the place!

Dayne is the best the area has to offer, and I anxiously await the other candidates to throw their hat into the ring and start the debate and the race.

You are Crazy, Dayne is a disgrace! He used Flint Club to better his personal life. Flint Club should be a Political Action Committee. Shame On him I say, I will vote against hi. He moved back here to run for Mayor, where the hell has he been the last 10 years? While the people of Flint have been battling for a better City, Dayne has been traveling.
Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:49 pm 
Derrick ( City Employee )

quote:
Roscoe Van Zandt schreef:
Ryan Eashoo

I know Ryan and consider him a good friend. I don't know if he has the qualifications to manage the day-to-day agenda of a large (>100,000) US city. He certainly has the spirit to do so. He has done an amazing job on the Historic Committee and his insights on real estate and the community make him perfect for many roles in the next city government.

UAW/GM/Union/Toyota

Nissan (and foreign car companies like them) HAVE to have a plant (or plants) in the US. So they built it in the cheapest labor spot they could find, typically southern US states. 4,000 jobs is better than nothing, but that money goes right back to Japan. Nissan is NOT an American company. The local economy benefits, but not the national. $20 an hour for what those factory workers go through each day is not that great.

I think they both are too white for the job. Although Ryan has been more in touch for Flint, I think he needs more polishing. However, Dayne doesn't know Jack!!!!! He is nice, and I think truley cares, but he just moved back to this 60% plus black City.
Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:52 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Judy schreef:
You are Crazy, Dayne is a disgrace! He used Flint Club to better his personal life. Flint Club should be a Political Action Committee. Shame On him I say, I will vote against hi. He moved back here to run for Mayor, where the hell has he been the last 10 years? While the people of Flint have been battling for a better City, Dayne has been traveling.

10 years ago he was in college, something you should have tried before you decided to express your ignorant and uneducated viewpoints, 100% of which are totally false and incorrect in every way shape and form. You cite no facts, you just make stuff up as you go.

If the shame is on anyone, it should be on you. You are so sad. Sad
Post Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:05 am 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Derrick ( City Employee ) schreef:
I think they both are too white for the job. He is nice, and I think truley cares, but he just moved back to this 60% plus black City.

Tell that to:

Michael Bloomberg, mayor of New York City
Richard Daly, mayor of Chicago

BTW, Flint's racial makeup is 41.39% White, 53.27% Black, and currently has a white mayor. The black mayor was recalled, if you recall.

If you got the right stuff, black folks will vote for you no matter what you look like. If they don't feel you represent them, they won't vote for you. I think black folks hate hypocrisy and corruption even more than whites do, because they are almost always more victimized by it.
Post Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:18 am 
Josh

I would not vote for Ryan or Dayne/
Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:46 am 
Jerome

Maybe Roscoe should focus on NYC, and not Flint Town. He doesn't live here, pay taxes here or vote here. I hate the outsiders trying to run our city.

Case in point, the California/New York people putting anti-affirmativr action on the ballot.

So Roscoe please move to Flint or Shut up!
Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:14 pm 
Dave

quote:
Jerome schreef:
Maybe Roscoe should focus on NYC, and not Flint Town. He doesn't live here, pay taxes here or vote here. I hate the outsiders trying to run our city.

Case in point, the California/New York people putting anti-affirmativr action on the ballot.

So Roscoe please move to Flint or Shut up!

Ever notice its always Spawns of Michael Moore's that talk about bull shit?
Now add Roscoe Van Zandt to the list. I would like to know Roscoe Van Zandts real name?? Anyone know it?
Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:04 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: