FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: ameriCAN not ameriCANT Rayan Eashoo is the M A N !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

ok Great. He has an idea. But there isn't any foundation to it? Let's see some suggestions for what to write to Toyota in order to get them to Look at coming to Flint. I've pointed out What it is that Toyota is looking for in a community before they come to one. So how do we spin Flint's record to make flint fit into that mold? An idea without a plan isn't worth even mentioning. Let's have the Plan? The Japanese look for respect most of all out of their workforce. Let's see, how do we make a City with the highest crime rates in the nation (Proof of obvious disrespect for others) A Mayor who doesn't respect his office or the Citizens he serves.. Hmmm Service may not be in his vocabulary. They also look for an educated workforce. We have a 60 percent dropout rate! C'mon, We need to make a lot more changes in Flint before we could ever imagine that we could get a big business Like Toyota to come here!

Now, if that is a Goal, and he is working on it as a goal. What is his plan, so that the people can support it?
Post Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Get people from outside of Flint to work and recruit students from the collages in town to intern and hopfuly take a job stay in Flint.

Post Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:04 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I think the Japanese are also concerned about making money. We should have a cheap workforce in Flint Michigan which means more profits. Even if we had a 99% dropout rate it shoulcn't matter that much to Toyota because there are good schools in our suburbs and a great engineering university. Even with a billion dollar investment the Toyota plant might only need a few thousand employees but I assume they'd start with a small plant which could be under 1,000. Things aren't like the old days so they wouldn't shouldn't need that many workers. Toyota could deal with our crime problem the same way gm does. Security guards.

For the proposal I think Toyota would like to eventually eliminate GM and some other competition. This area is still a GM holdout. With a Toyota/Lexus plant in Flint Michigan a lot of people would reconsider buying GM vehicles. I think we also have one of the most underutilized infrastuctures in the nation. In addition a Toyota plant in Flint Michigan would probably be in between Toyota's Lexus Rx330 plant in Oshawa Ontarion and their camry plant in Georgetown KY. We have a strong union presence in Flint that would want to organize in Flint but with union workers losing there job that might be enough deterrent for Toyota to avoid a cumbersome union.

There's other reasons why Toyota might consider coming but I agree that we do not have the leadership in place to get this done. We have the people here on Flinttalk but Ehren Gonzalez is only a councilman.
Post Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:26 pm 
Jason

I give ryan eat shoe .33 stars. out of 5
Post Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:46 pm 
Ted J`

quote:
Adam schreef:
I think the Japanese are also concerned about making money.

They are to a point. THey seem to be more concerned with appearenances than they are abouit profit.

(SHort Case Point) Japanesse Company in USA. Warehouse doesn't ship to customer what is on the order. Salesman calls warehouse chews out personel for not shipping out the items. Company more concerned with how the employees treat one another rather than how they treat thier customer. Company FLies salesman across the country to warehouse to make in person formal apology. - my analaysis. Wasted money (profit) to maintain appearence. More concerned about how the company is ran rather than getting the right products out to customers.

quote:
We should have a cheap workforce in Flint Michigan which means more profits. Even if we had a 99% dropout rate it shoulcn't matter that much to Toyota because there are good schools in our suburbs and a great engineering university. Even with a billion dollar investment the Toyota plant might only need a few thousand employees but I assume they'd start with a small plant which could be under 1,000. Things aren't like the old days so they wouldn't shouldn't need that many workers. Toyota could deal with our crime problem the same way gm does. Security guards. .

When the Japanesse come to the US and set up businesses they bring thier own culture with them. They do not assimalate to the american culture. We learn to work within thier culture. NOt they work within ours. You make some typical american assumptions. When i comes to profits. Japanesse companies will go for years running in the red and not lay off employees. They value thier workforce more than the almighty buck. They do not fire employees. THier upper management is not paid multi million dollar payouts on performance. Such as like GM where they close a plant putting 10 millioin a year into the local economy and then turn around and give the CEO and his cronies twice that in bonuses for saving them money.

quote:
For the proposal I think Toyota would like to eventually eliminate GM and some other competition. This area is still a GM holdout.

C'mon Adam, I know you don't really believe that. This area isn't holding out for anything from GM. We chased them away! This city still trys to operate under the GM/Mott handout programs. I had thought the Don would have brought new ideas to the table. At least it seemed that way before the election. Ouir leadership fights against anything that would free us from that GM/Mott handout mantaility.

quote:
With a Toyota/Lexus plant in Flint Michigan a lot of people would reconsider buying GM vehicles. I think we also have one of the most underutilized infrastuctures in the nation. In addition a Toyota plant in Flint Michigan would probably be in between Toyota's Lexus Rx330 plant in Oshawa Ontarion and their camry plant in Georgetown KY. We have a strong union presence in Flint that would want to organize in Flint but with union workers losing there job that might be enough deterrent for Toyota to avoid a cumbersome union.

Union organization is up to the Employees! Not up to UAW. Japanesse plants usualy don't end up unionised because of the way they treat thier employees as I just gave an example of above!

quote:
There's other reasons why Toyota might consider coming but I agree that we do not have the leadership in place to get this done. We have the people here on Flinttalk but Ehren Gonzalez is only a councilman.
So far none of what you've said here is a definate reason they would come here. We would need to do almost a complete cultrue revap in order to prove we wanted them to come here.
Post Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:26 am 
Sharon

I noticed that Ryan Eashoo was interviewed by WNEM 5 about a petition he is starting to try to talk TOYOTA to come to flint.

I give this boy 5 stars, he reminds me of a young Robert Kennedy.
Maybe its just cause he is just so darn cute.
Post Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:59 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Why do I feel as if I am a voice crying in the wilderness. I'm all for trying to get toyota to come to Flint. Only question is. How do we highlight the benefits of them moving a plant to Flint? How do we show them we have what it takes to be a good place for thier business to locate. What do they look for in an area and what can we provide?
Post Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:22 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Jake

Larry is right, Ted your just a big cry baby. Why not be proactive?
Post Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:03 pm 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:20 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Jake schreef:
Larry is right, Ted your just a big cry baby. Why not be proactive?

Jake,
rather than criticize Ted, why not coach him to more be more effective? be positive. Show him how be more proactive and successful.

Start by showing him what you have done to be proactive on this issue, so he can see what are effective & successful behaviors.

I too am anxious to see your plans.....

Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:27 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Thanks Biggie, I don't always have the right (most tactful) off the cuff response. However, that is (in a nut shell) what I'm asking? How do we take the negatives of Flint and turn them positive? What is it that Toyota wants out of its workforce that we have readily available here?

These people are right on the money when it comes to location, access to transportation, real estate availability, etc. But, to make a suggestion without planning... is a plan to fail? Let's work out some of the issues then be prepared, set out a plan... That's all I'm asking. "Just Do It" is't a viable plan.
Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:45 pm 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:57 pm 
Donald

quote:
Larry schreef:
you guys know its going to take a little more than ryans pettion and me knocking on the door of some executive place saying come to flint have a cigar
smoozing them with strip clubs on dort.
but i dont know what to do maybe the 3 of you do.
any thing in the news about this the guys in my circle havent said any thing to me.
WHAT DO WE DO? .does any one know if and when they decided to make the decision on where this next plant is to be built?. any phone numbers?
any one speak japanesse?where do we look for help with this.

LMAO You two crack me up. Ryan Eashoo and Larry aren't shit. They need to move to Canada! They both are white trash losers. If you want Toyota to come to flint, talk to Dayne WAlling
Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:26 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Hey, I've never said it isn't a great idea... I've just said. We need to figure how to make flint inviting to them? No One seems to want to dicuss it. Go back and look at our discussions here on Flint Talk about crime and suggestions. Hmmm When someone has a question or suggestion. It is responded to with some substance. Not blanket comments without substance. Links were posted with articles, ideas shot back and forth and ideas exchanged. When I asked for ideas. I was called negative. Why is it when you point out the facts, then say, how do we overcome these obsticles. Instead of making thier case. They cry, your being negative, or Try being provocative.. No Substance, No Ideas. Just meaningless one liners that don't even rate a response.
Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:28 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Donald schreef:

LMAO You two crack me up. Ryan Eashoo and Larry aren't shit. They need to move to Canada! They both are white trash losers. If you want Toyota to come to flint, talk to Dayne WAlling

wow, Dane WAlling is the power behind the Toyota Motor Corporation?

why would he even want to mess around in Flint?

Controlling Toyota Motors, he could live anywhere in the world he wanted...Tokyo, New York, London, Paris, Burton....

boy are we lucky ducks, huh Donald.

sheesh....

Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:52 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: