FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Rob Coffman is nearing the end...FINALLY

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
watchdog66
F L I N T O I D

http://www.journalnow.com/news/elections/local/article_8c42b4ce-62d9-11e3-8849-0019bb30f31a.html
Post Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:54 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The first time Jaimie Curtis ran for the Burton Council he filed a $1,000 waiver. Some Burton residents brought information to me that convinced me he had spent as much as 20 times more. They were afraid to file the complaint in their names as thy lived in Burton and Curtis had also been part of a team with then Mayor Smiley.

The complaint was filed with the Genesee County clerk when Rob Coffman was in charge of the elections division. Imagine my surprise when Coffman laughed and said he had told Curtis how to evade the charges. Coffman claimed to be a Burton trailer park kid who went to school with many of the Burton officials.

That is why my future complaints went to the state and not local.

The next race for Curtis should be interesting as his now ex-wife, who funded his early elections, has reportedly said she will fight against his re-election. Plus he has Nick Singelis fighting allegations of embezzlement by claiming Curtis and Smiley had prostitutes at the Shriner events.
Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:08 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: