FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: one more

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Good thing everyone paid attention to Barrys warning not to photoshop this. LOL

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:24 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

And you say you are not racist!
Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:10 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Whats race got to do with it?? I suppose all those outrageous comments and editorial cartoons making fun of Bush and his family, kids included were racist also ? You libs cant get that term out of what brains you have left.

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:31 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

It is racist and demeaning to the position of the President. I don't condone such photoshopped antics for any world leader.
Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:45 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Get over it obama himself is demeaning to the office of president. Laughing

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:51 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Get over it obama himself is demeaning to the office of president. Laughing

Laughing
Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:14 pm 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
It is racist and demeaning to the position of the President. I don't condone such photoshopped antics for any world leader.

Webs.

Just because the president happens to be black does not make this a racist posting! Where were you when black journalists/cartoonist/comedians posted satirical pieces about any of the white presidents? I did not hear you screaming racism then! This is nothing but humor, maybe not in the best of taste, but still humor. You need to lighten up and view it for what it is-just plain funny! There were plenty of humorous pictures and cartoons about Bush. God knows he supplied a lot of materials for the cartoonists and comedians. But when I voiced my displeasure with Bush, I did not hear claims that it was racist. It was just my opinion.

Webs, you need to quit looking to call everything racist. It is people like you who keep fanning the flames of racism. I am tired of all the race accusations. Yes, there are racists in the world. Unfortunately, I know more racists among my brothers and sisters than I know white racist. But suprisingly enough, it's not the older generation. Most of my elders have moved past the racist past and want to move on with getting along with people. I see some of our youth with strong racist feelings. I still hear talk about the slavery issue. I don't know a single white person that has or does own slaves. I also don't know any of my brothers and sisters who are or were slaves. We need to get over the past and deal with the present with an eye to the future. This country is never going to heal if idiots keep blaming opinions based on an individual's actions, as being racist.

It's been a long time since I posted on Flint Talk, but I finally had to say something.

Thomas Jefferson
Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:21 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

That is odd because I do not recall seeing black journalists portray Republican Presidents and their children in the manner as Clinton and Obama are portrayed. The monkey hat sure seems racist to me as blacks have historically been portrayed as monkeys even before the Civil war.

The comments on MLive and even Flint Police Operations before the site remove them are indeed racist. Comments on this site have been atrocious and in the same vein. Nothing has been said about slavery. Maybe some of Flint's black residents enjoy being called troglydites, sub humanoids and worse.

Concerned Citizen needs to read the national news outlets and black authors to realize that race and racial issues are still alive and a growing concern. It is discussed daily on the international, national and local levels. To pretend it does not exist is ludicrous.

I am aware that many blacks are racist, although they insist they do not have the power to be racist. White officers are once again suing the city of Flint over alleged discriminatory practices in Flint.

Our past was filled with filled with racist organizations. Their demise is intriging after so many years, especially when hate groups are on the rise in the United States. Maybe the older generation feels these battles have been won, but the younger generations are experiencing a new kind of racism.

To ignore the past is to be blind to the future. The Republican leaders are openly stating they want to diminish the voting power of the urban areas and they mention the voting blocks of unions and minorities. Whenever financial and other resources are diminished, there will be a clash of races and scapegoating to justify the taking of these resources by the group in control. Flint is in a crisis and resources are at stake. People are going to be pitted against one another when they perceive an imbalance in the distribution of these resources.
Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:14 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

Webs, do you honestly feel and believe what you are posting? I cannot believe that you are this gullible. When Condi Rice joined 43s administration liberal mouth pieces described her as a "house n----." Did you whoop and howl then? PLEASE THINK WITH AN OPEN MIND!

pan8
Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:13 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Liberals can only see what they are taught on MSNBC. Thats why the country is in such dire straits now and how Barry THE ONE Soetro get reelected.

Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:25 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

2Tap, Dave Star I feel that we are dinosaurs those of us that grew up in the forties fifties an early sixties are a dying breed. Society started changing in the sixties with the me generation and has evolved into "you got it, I want it, give me." Too many people would rather be taken care of by the government than those that would rather be self sufficient. God help America.

Pan8
Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:54 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
pan8 schreef:
Webs, do you honestly feel and believe what you are posting? I cannot believe that you are this gullible. When Condi Rice joined 43s administration liberal mouth pieces described her as a "house n----." Did you whoop and howl then? PLEASE THINK WITH AN OPEN MIND!

pan8

Maybe I wasn't that political then. I was too busy working. But because racial slurs were tolerated in the past, does that mean as a socirty we continue to condone them?

Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out aginst injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple if hoe, and crossing each other from a million different center of energy and and daring, those ripples build a current that can swing down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistence.

Robert F Kennedy
Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:19 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

Oh I see you were not political then but you have become so during the last for years. Well tell me webs how do you feel about Jesse Jackson saying the testicles should be cut off of Dear Leader during an open microphone? Surly you remember this but then again getting all your news from theTom and Jerry cartoons you may have missed it.

Pan8
Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:22 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I have never said Jesse Jackson is someone to be admired. Some how you have make an error in that attribution. The ideals he espouses may be admirable, but in reality he was and may still be a corporate blackmailer. He obviously also has an ego problem.

I am more political now than in the past because I now have more time to study the issues.
Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:45 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

BRAVO webs. I salute your opinion of the race hustler jesse jackson. I do wonder how his illegitimate daughter is, I hope she is well. Refresh my memory please, was it jesse or rev. Al that coined the phrase "Hymie town?"

Pan8
Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:20 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: