FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint employment peaked in 1997

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

"How bad is Michigan’s labor market? Michigan is the only state to record a contraction in nonfarm payroll employment for five consecutive years. The state’s labor market is headed for its sixth straight annual decline in 2006. This unprecedented contraction is centered in the private manufacturing sector, which peaked in July 1999. Total Michigan nonfarm employment peaked in June 2000. Employment in some of Michigan’s metropolitan statistical areas peaked earlier — including Flint, which peaked in 1997."

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MzRhYzc2ZmY4NzBhMzZjYzA0NDhhM2I1NmE1YjBlZGQ
Post Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:38 am 
Dave

Adam I applaud your efforts, but find your loyalty to the GOP slightly frightening. Bush has got us into this mess..
Post Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:54 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave schreef:
Adam I applaud your efforts, but find your loyalty to the GOP slightly frightening. Bush has got us into this mess..

How do you figure? Explain just what Bush did to hurt Michigan? [BTW, remember, Bush can only execute legislation that Congress enacts]

So if the other 49 states are doing well, that must mean that Prez Bush SINGLED out MICHIGAN for some reason(s) to wreak havoc on?

What was it? how did he do it? Why did he pick Michigan alone?

Where were OUR saviours of the state in Congress? Surely representing their constituencies here in Michigan, they would have resisted or at least protested the actions of the villainous Prez Bush? After all some of them, including our 2 Senators are from the other Party amd would not stand idly by while the Pres went about his dastardly business..so what did Bush do? Why couldn't our congrressionals rep stop him?

Anxiously awaiting the gory details!

I think what is frightening is believing tripe like Bush is responsible for the economic woes of any single state.............Especially when the national economy is robust..........

Post Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:11 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Personally, I Blame Clinton and Engler. LOL And I can argue for both. LOL
Post Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted J

Might I also add that Crime in Flint was 35 Percent higher than today. And 50 % higher than it was in 2003. Hmmmm What conclusions might we draw from that?
Post Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:57 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: