FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Check out Dale campaign site for Mayor. Pretty impressive.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

http://www.anewflint.org/

Check out this campaign site for Dale. Pretty impressive.

Last edited by Adam on Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:58 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Yes, Nice website. and Impressive.
Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
jason

wow thanks guys... i went to the site anewflint.org , youre right very impressive. it is very comprable to other high profile state and national candidate sites. he must mean business.
Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:05 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Adam you have a council person to complain to right?? Why is it the Mayors job to clean up the graffiti in your ward??

Shouldn't you hold your council persons feet to the fire too??

On another note:

What is so impressive about a Dale's website?? Yes it look pretty but have you read it??

It is a bunch finger pointing and blah blah?? Mayor Williamson bad, me good!LOL

I search the website and I didn't find a plan ???

You said the other day that a candidate for mayor needs a plan/foundation to start from?

Ted has a plan on crime, I rather vote for him.

Ted is showing more of an effort then any of the candidates out there.

Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:42 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Jason

To Steve:

You must not looking very carefully, because Dale's site has a very detailed platform on how to improve Flint (read the "Right Ideas" section).

Also, I didn't notice any finger pointing. I think you can search the entire site from top to bottom and not find Mayor Williamson's mentioned more than once or twice.

Personally, I think it's a great site. It lays out Dale's bio, his philosophy of leadership, and his ideas. What more do you want?

Jay
Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:05 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, I read the fluff! There is no plan.

Just a bunch of feel good ideas , I want to see a detailed plan.

I want to know where the money is coming from??

Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:13 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Beth

I would disagree. There's more substance here than most candidates for Mayor ever offer. By the way, there's nothing wrong with listing aspirations and dotting the i's and crossing the t's over the course of the campaign. I'd say this is a very good start.
Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:22 pm 
Sara

I agree with Beth... i went to www.anewflint.org and think it's the most detailed and well thought out plan that has come acrross the table. Steve have you ever read a political platform, this one is better than most and second of all a PLATFORM is just a political OUTLINE... if you want more details instead of being negative use the site to email dale and im sure he will address your quesiton as to money allocation.
Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:15 pm 
mark thompson
F L I N T O I D

The above comments are accurate... a platform is just a political outline... Dale is off to good start as far as I can see. The website at it's least shows great effort. VERY IMPRESSIVE
Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:19 pm 
Jake

Dayne is someone who needs to season here in Flint, before he is elected.
To me he comes across very arrogant. Like us Flint Stones haven't been working hard here, while he is sipping martini's in London.
Post Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:43 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

What's the point in complaining to my council person? She doesn't run this city. Neither do the other 8 council people. In additon if I am to complain to someone it might as well be the council president because he's the one that is supposed to talk to the mayor. Otherwise the way the mayor has things set up is I would complain to my council person then she goes to the council president and then he goes to the mayor and then he mayor goes to the department head and then the department head goes to his staff and then it's back to the department head back to the mayor and then I guess back to the council president and then back to my council person and then my council person can get back to me.
I'd try and go straight to the mayor but I'm not up at 7:30 am on Wednesdays. Even if I was I've heard that doesn't go to well for people that go to see him.

What do you mean were is the money coming from? We have money in the police budget for things like a police chief, deputy chief and police dogs. According to the mayor we also have money to do things like open the jail to reduce crimes which I of course support. He also proposed spending 100,000 on some park a few months back which was turned down so I assume he should have the 80,000 to keep Haskell open. Steve, Do you think the mayor is lying when he said we have these millions of dollars to spend on the jail and new police? If you're so worried about the budget perhaps you should aks the mayor where he was going to get the money for all that.
Post Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:33 am 
mark thompson
F L I N T O I D

Hey guys... Dale is going to have his announcement at the Mott college regional tech cent at 11 am this sat nov. 4th.......come hear for yourself from Dale.
Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:01 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
mark thompson schreef:
Hey guys... Dale is going to have his announcement at the Mott college regional tech cent at 11 am this sat nov. 4th.......come hear for yourself from Dale.

isn't that a somewhat unusual time vis a vis media coverage availability?

I mean some people go out of their way to release things when the mainstream press is off for the weekend, but that is usually bad news....announcing a candidacy...is something else entirely.

Shouldn't that be done in time for the newspaper main edition and weekday 6 o'clock news? i mean I like Joel Feick, but he might be the only guy who shows up.

Whats happening at a community college campus on a weekend?

hmmm..someone clue me in why this makes sense. I'm missing it here.

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:12 am 
tommy

I believe that it is one year before the election next november?
Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:44 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
tommy schreef:
I believe that it is one year before the election next november?

So?

Like that's a BIG deal when someone gets into a race?

IMO, Its more important to make some noise/ get noticed when you get in versus what anniversary it is the day you announce.

If thats the reason...wow. Underwhelming. Hope he exhibits more than that decision reflects.

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:57 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: