FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: The new emergency manager will be - - - - -

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Daniel S. Opperman

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

GOOD ONE DAVID!

Hon. Daniel S. Opperman is a bankruptcy judge
for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the
Eastern District of Michigan in Flint and Bay City.
Judge Opperman was sworn in on July 13, 2006.
Before taking the bench, he practiced with Braun
Kendrick Finkbeiner, concentrating in litigation,
bankruptcy, and real estate. He earned his BS
magna cum laude from Eastern Michigan University
and his JD magna cum laude from Wayne State University Law School.
Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:57 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Word is Jerry Ambrose, our current Treasurer.
Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:00 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Try bringing Ed Kurtz back. He owes no political favors. Does he?
Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:53 pm 
bigmouthconservative
F L I N T O I D

Ambrose is probably spot on. He is a Lansing Yes man just like Brown
Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:55 pm 
insider
F L I N T O I D

Barnett Jones
Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:03 am 
Down Town Wood
F L I N T O I D

I don't see how either could be appointed. Brow will need to be replaced due to being a city employee within the last 5 years. So that would make any of his appointees and/or ineligible rite? I realize that they are contractual but they still are receiving payment from the city and I did not see any language in the resolutions specificity stating that they were not employees of the city. We will all have to just wait and see and then I am sure the lawsuits will start LOL
Post Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:22 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

none of the above.

PURE BS from Dillon and Snyder!

Kurta is EM on a repealed PA 72

He names Brown City administrator.

Kurtz goes on leave and Brown is in charge.
Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:40 pm 
J HUNTINGWORTH TUNE
F L I N T O I D

Didn't the new EM law replace the old EM law ? If so isn't the old EM law no longer valid? It would not automatically become valid again merely because the new version is to be on the ballot.We may well be back to Mayor Walling at least for a time.I'm sure there will be a ruling on this pdq.
Post Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:24 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

untanglingwebs and Dave Have a really good idea here. Thus the reason it will?was not used. See PA 4 was designed to make sure the creditors get paid! Plain and simple. No matter what the investors are the ones to be protected. NOT THE CITIZENS of FLINT!!!!

The EFM is under NO MANDATE to actually set the City up for success in the Future. Thus the reason what Kurtz did really was only patchwork. Short term solutions.

In the Article on Mlive about Kurtz reappointment and Brown's promotion to the highest paid City Administrator Flint has ever had. The only one who made any sense was the Mayor with his comments about economic development. Flint needs more customers. It needs more people able to pay taxes.

Too many people still think Reganomics worked! Keep cutting and downsizing and outsourcing your way to profits! Instead of providing better service and customer satisfaction! That's what would bring people to Flint! Solving the simple crimes instead of treating them like a nuisance and never doing a thing about them. Here was a perfect opportunity to require pawnshops to electronically report items into the police system which would have made it easier to catch thieves in Flint. Flint needs more water customers to defray the legacy costs. Instead of working on a deal with Burton to treat their sewage and thereby helping Flint and Burton (having enough crap to make the Swedish gas which we currently do not have enough of.) Our Rates were increased. Adding another negative about living in the City of Flint. Flint needs salesman running this place. Not bean counters. Bean counters have no imagination.
Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
westflint
F L I N T O I D

Ted is right. This administration is doing everything possible to get homeowners to move. Not many people are going to stay here with the high cost of the water. Homeowners already have to pay for sidewalks, Trees, and sewer lines. Homeowners are the ones mowing city parks and abandoned home's lots. Also, homeowners pick up trash in the streets and abandoned lots. To make matters worse, neighborhoods don't have police protection and ,if you want to see a policeman, you have to sit on a bench downtown. Everyone has friends in the outskirts that don't pay so much for water, and the city of Flint is selling the water to the outskirts. The high cost of water is a slap in the face to the homeowners here. The only people that can afford to live around here is the renters on section 8. I am wondering why don't they want homeowners here, or did they think we would bend over and take this? Not sending police when people were robbed or attacked in my neigborhood made many people that were respectable move. Moreover, three homeowners who are my friends are moving out of their homes because of the crime and new costs of staying here. I am so sad to see my friends leave, but I can't blame them.
Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:23 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Go to the City of Flint's website and check tax lookup. Look for owner Land Bank and State of Michigan. They pay no taxes. There goes much of your tax base!
Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:00 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The Land bank owns nearly one third of Flint and most of the land is held for "future development". They are an integral part of the planning process in the new Master Plan. The list of 1710 properties for sale are almost all 48504, 48505 and 48506 with some of the worst of Mt Morris Township and 48503. IN otherwords the worst of the north side and east side.

And when the land Bank has property declared as "brownfields". they receive the taxes for 30 years after they sell it.
Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:11 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: