FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Mayor Don Williamson's Politic Affiliation
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Did you know Mayor Don Williamson's Politic Affiliation
No
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
I never vote.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mayor Don Williamson's Politic Affiliation was unimportant during the election, he said that he did not have one.

Now that he is mayor , all the sudden he is a Kerry supporter.

Well I would have voted for him demoncrap or not. I just hope we get a Republican or better yet a libertarian next time.

What do you think??
Post Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:26 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
DELETED

DELETED

Post Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:58 pm 

Patsy Lou ran as a democrat in the primary. Perhaps she would have had a better chance as a republican. Williamson pays to both parties. He should be the "Green" party!
Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:48 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

he's a "mugwump"

Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:21 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

mug·wump (mŭg'wŭmp')
n.
A person who acts independently or remains neutral, especially in politics.
often Mugwump A Republican who bolted the party in 1884, refusing to support presidential candidate James G. Blaine.

Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

When was the last time we had a mayor that wasn't a Democrat? My guess would be Collier? How long ago was that?
Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:19 pm 

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
Mayor Don Williamson's Politic Affiliation was unimportant during the election, he said that he did not have one.

Well I would have voted for him demoncrap or not. I just hope we get a Republican or better yet a libertarian next time.

What do you think??

Right On! Libertarians rule!

Anybody who reads this and is a free thinker should check out this website:

the-brights.com
Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:42 pm 
the-brights.net

quote:
Anonymous schreef:
quote:
Steve Myers schreef:

What do you think??

Right On! Libertarians rule!

Anybody who reads this and is a free thinker should check out this website:

the-brights.com

make that the-brights.net (not the-brights.com)
Post Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:49 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
mug·wump (mŭg'wŭmp')
n.
A person who acts independently or remains neutral, especially in politics.
often Mugwump A Republican who bolted the party in 1884, refusing to support presidential candidate James G. Blaine.

true enuf, but I was thinking less the formal/historical definition and the popular application...

a person with his "mug" on one side of the fence and his "wump" on the other side.

in context with "party" affiliation i find the donald, "elusive"...or seemingly, a mugwump.

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:10 pm 
Dortpimp
F L I N T O I D

boy this is an old post but it is still pretty funny!

A republican mayor? In Flint? LOL Steve you're killing us over here!

Post Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:17 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Who Cares really? I say get rid of parties ( Republican and Democrats ) everyone should run on their own merit. Politicians should have to come to us and tell us why we should vote for them. We should have to run after them to find out why we should give them our vote!

Too many people vote because of if they are red or blue. The politicians also vote just cause they want to follow with what other repbulicans or democrats want! I say get rid of title, and people run as individuals!

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Who Cares really? I say get rid of parties ( Republican and Democrats ) everyone should run on their own merit. Politicians should have to come to us and tell us why we should vote for them. We should have to run after them to find out why we should give them our vote!

Too many people vote because of if they are red or blue. The politicians also vote just cause they want to follow with what other repbulicans or democrats want! I say get rid of title, and people run as individuals!

right on, Ryan. 100% agreement.

of course, being a confirmed independent, allows both the far left & far right something to agree upon; they both hate me, because I distrust both of them.

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:34 pm 
rapunzel

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

right on, Ryan. 100% agreement.

of course, being a confirmed independent, allows both the far left & far right something to agree upon; they both hate me, because I distrust both of them.

Biggie and Ryan you both are dumb liberals!
Post Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:07 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

quote:
rapunzel schreef:

Biggie and Ryan you both are dumb liberals!

rapunzel, being a conservative, i really don't want your using pointless and unintellectual comments making me look bad. If you have a point to make about politics, please attack issues, not people.
Post Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:51 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Tegan schreef:

rapunzel, being a conservative, i really don't want your using pointless and unintellectual comments making me look bad. If you have a point to make about politics, please attack issues, not people.

Oh my, Tegan...there's another conservative out there? There's hope for us yet!!!
Post Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:43 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: