FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: 7 hats in Flint mayor chase
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Anonymous schreef:
Here's interesting news.

Today Norm Bryant gave a 30 min talk to the Flint School Administrators regarding his campaign. This was a required scheduled meeting for all administrators (Sarvis Center). He said he was invited by Dr. Milton.

Is that legal? Doesn't Dr. Milton have to give equal time for all candidates?

one would hope Dr Milton would extend the same opportunity to all mayoral candidates.

THAT would BE the fair [and correct] thing to do.

else, he's declaring "publicly" his support for a specific candidate. A dangerous thing to do in his position. Especially this early in the campaign.

Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:22 pm 

Had not heard this...but as Wednesday is administrator's meeting day it is possible that a former board member addressed the meeting.

If Norm Bryant spoke about schools and not political viewpoints..such as I am running for... they may not have crossed the political line.
Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:08 pm 
pissed off ma ma bear

And now you see why everyone is making a fast exit from living in the city of Flint,,,,,look at what is running for Mayor,,,
Post Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:48 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Tom C schreef:

On John Beatty, I found where he announced he was running for mayor... to the Lansing City Council( here and here .), which I found to be a bit odd. Apparently, he's the pastor of Faith Center Church (I'm assuming here in Flint), which I was unable to locate.

You will not find such a Church as it does not exist. He was living in a trailer park earlier this year, but at a recent City Council meeting he said that he was evicted... I have seen him at the meetings carrying his fishing pole (in the building)...He generally arrives on his bike. I've seen him bathing in the bathroom on the 3rd floor of the Council Chambers... Probably not a serious candidate.
Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:18 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

else, he's declaring "publicly" his support for a specific candidate. A dangerous thing to do in his position. Especially this early in the campaign

I would think that given the problems that the Flint Schools and Dr. Milton are facing on various levels that it would be more of a "dangerous thing" for Norm Bryant to be viewed as being endorsed by this crew.
Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:30 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:

else, he's declaring "publicly" his support for a specific candidate. A dangerous thing to do in his position. Especially this early in the campaign

I would think that given the problems that the Flint Schools and Dr. Milton are facing on various levels that it would be more of a "dangerous thing" for Norm Bryant to be viewed as being endorsed by this crew.

LOL, you may be right there, Josh.

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:24 pm 
mark thompson
F L I N T O I D

Its was a bitter cold day today, but low and behold Dale Weighill knocked on my door today with his election petition and asked me sign. I was impressed he was not only collecting siganatures but took the time to talk to me.
Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:46 pm 
philanthropiclady
F L I N T O I D

hey yes ..... dale showed up at my place over on kensington too...it was cold , i should maybe have offered them some hot chocolate or something. I guess he said theres a town hall meeting hes going to have at good beans this wednesday the 24th. anyone gonna go?
Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:56 pm 
Kendrick Kemp

Hello,
For those of you who don't know me, I was born and raised in Flint, Michigan. I've worked for the Flint Area Convention & Visitors Bureau and as the marketing director for Bishop International Airport. I've also worked on several committees and boards with several nonprofits including the United Way of Genesee County, the Genesee County Youth Corporation (REACH) for runaways, Tomorrow's Leaders Today, the FOCUS Council's School to Work Initiative, and the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Flint, to name a few.
Those who grew up on the northside of Flint are very familiar with me and my family. We've been a staple in this community for nearly sixty years. In addition, I am as knowledgeable of Flint politics as anyone, having worked with the mayor's office and with the county in the various positions that I have held.
In 1997, my wife and I moved to Auburn Hills to save her from a commute to work. However, I continued to work in Flint until December of 2004. Although I was never far away, I kept abreast of Flint area happenings via frequent visits, the newspaper, family, and the internet. It is my interest to bring this city back to prosperity, helping to restore our once safe streets and beautiful neighborhoods. If anyone can do it, I can. I am not a politician, I am a "God Fearing" educator and business person who knows budgets and people; and if I feel that a candidate in this race is more qualified or passionate about the future of our people, our residents, then I will gladly step aside.
I am currently employed with the Flint Schools with the Bridges to the Future management team. I hold a bachelors in business administration from Baker College and a masters in educational leadership from Oakland University.
I am currently working on my website to give the public more information about me and my plans. I'll keep you posted. Thanks,

Kendrick D. Kemp
Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:10 pm 

The fact that you mentioned "god fearing" tells me that you're trying to play the religion card............you won't get my vote. NOTHING has caused more suffering, persecution and genocide than religion over the last 5000 years.

When will you people realize that religion is truly the root of all evil.
Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:16 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Anonymous schreef:
The fact that you mentioned "god fearing" tells me that you're trying to play the religion card............you won't get my vote. NOTHING has caused more suffering, persecution and genocide than religion over the last 5000 years.

When will you people realize that religion is truly the root of all evil.

religion is not the root, per se.

its when PEOPLE feel compelled to force others to follow THEIR BELIEFS [religious or otherwise ; see Hitler/Stalin etc] that the problems happen.

so I have nothing against any particular relgious beliefs...we all have beliefs, values, mores, et al. Whether they come from established religious teachings or elsewhere, they are still the foundation of our beliefs and guide our actions.

I didn't see where Mr Kemp was pushing any specific creed, but only time will tell.

Good luck Mr Kemp, it is a daunting task, and the first ting it takes is someone with a willingness to do the job. The second thing it takes is the ability to do the job. And that is for the voters to decide.

Unfortunately, between those two points, is the all important "getting the info" to the voters so they can decide based on REAL INFORMATION who is best able. Apparently that takes a LOT of $$$, which is something I fear only one candidate has the advantage over all the others.

Still, a web site would help those with the means check you out.

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:58 am 

Partially true.

Jihadist muslims aren't trying to convert us or force their beliefs on us.......they're just trying to annihilate the infidels.

Orthodox Jews aren't trying to convert non-believers, they just brain-wash their kids into believing that they can't fall in love with a non-jew because they are goyim.

Most fundamentalist christians are less concerned about winning people to their cause, and more concerned with when the old man in the sky will pick them up from the earth in the rapture.

Let's stop giving religion a pass, just because we've been taught to 'respect' each others beliefs.

Religion is STUPID and its damaging.
Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:46 pm 
pageiv
F L I N T O I D

The best elections are the ones with the most choices! That is why 2008 Presidental election is going to rock. Sure beats the great Gore-Bradley barnburner of 2000. Rolling Eyes
Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: