FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Threats from the subculture.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

http://www.infowars.com/twitter-flooded-with-new-wave-of-riot-threats/

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:56 pm 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

After reading the "More from the Subculture" post a few days ago, I was furious! I was furious at the youth that perpetrate such evil. I was furious at the Politicians that hide these occurrences because it makes them look bad or somehow don't fit into the agenda they are promoting. But I am also furious at the press for deciding for us what new we should or shouldn't hear.

I am old enough to remember when every year, people would be polled on who were the most trusted people in the United States. Almost every year, it would be Walter Cronkite. Yes, a journalist! He even ranked higher that the Presidents that he covered. (Maybe I shouldn't be surprised since they are politicians) But as a journalist, he felt that his job was to report the facts, not his opinion. It did not matter if he liked or disliked the facts, they were reported without bias. He felt that people could take the facts and decide for themselves how they felt. That's a far cry from current journalists that manipulate, hide, embellish and report the stories that promote their agenda. A good example to support my claim;Dan Rather was disgraced several years ago when he was caught falsifying a news article to make it more sensational.

The press has decided that we are no longer intelligent enough to be told the truth and must be spoon fed lies to create a race of non-thinking zombies that believe whatever they are told.

If you put a frog in hot water, it will fight to get out until it dies. But I have heard that if you put a frog in room temperature water and gradually raise the temperature, it will calmly sit in water until it is hot enough to kill the frog. It is the sudden changes that get noticed. But gradually change only draws minor attention or no attention at all.

That may be true, because I can't tell you when this country's journalists became this corrupt. Now everything is about Blacks versus Whites, Seniors versus youth, Right versus Left.

What ever happened to Right versus Wrong? Who cares if these criminals, thugs, gangstas, (call the what you will) are Black, White, Hispanic, Asian or your Mama's third cousin? It does not matter! What matters is that these individuals are acting in a criminal manner. Why can't the press report those facts and leave out the unnecessary BS?

These Twitter posts are akin to Terrorist Threats. If we don't get the verdict we want, we're going to terrorize your community and its citizens. Are we going back to the race riots. They negated years of progress that we had made to level the playing field in this country. Are we going to do the same thing again? Many of these youths do not remember the violence and insanity of the race riots. They don't remember the fear that people had, not just whites, but blacks as well.

But it is partially our own fault. It is said that it takes a community to raise a child. Unfortunately, most of those communities are long gone. We have babies raising babies. If their mamas had stayed home and and taught them right from wrong, instead of leaving them with Grandma and hitting the bars, maybe we would be a better community. If their fathers had stuck around and helped raise their children instead of rushing off to procreate with some other willing participant, maybe their children would have learned respect for their fellow humans.

It became easier to blame the schools for not teaching our kids these things. Because of that attitude, many schools have become institutes of babysitting. Teachers spend more time trying to keep kids in line than actually teaching, some even fear for their own safety. Parents now think that their own children never do wrong. Blame it on the teachers! Blame it on the Politicians! Blame it on the Conservatives! Blame it on anybody but themselves.

Brothers and Sisters, let's quit blaming everybody and start working for solutions. Let's stand up and say we can solve these problems if we quit waiting for everybody else to solve them for us. That has not worked yet, it's not going to mysteriously start working now. Let's be accountable and all work together to solve these problems. Reach out to your neighbors, black, white or whatever and you may find that your community is stronger than you think.

I don't know all the facts of the Zimmerman case, but let's pray that he is found guilty IF he is guilty and aquitted if he is innocent. And let's pray that the violence does not occur.

Thomas Jefferson
Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:33 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: