FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Gang information sites

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Many of you have asked where you can go to get more information on gangs. I had a great teacher, but when I was learning I often sought the help of the expert Robert Walker. Here are some of his sites.

Stay away from some of the gang videos as they are frequently infected with a virus or a Trojan.

http://www.gangsorus.com/
They are called street gangs, prison gangs, sets, nations, cliques, and posses and Gangs OR Us offers complete gang identification information for graffiti, ...

True history of the Crips and Bloods Street Gangs - Gangs or Us
http://www.gangsorus.com/crips_bloods_history.htm
Mar 13, 2013 ... The introduction of crack cocaine to the Crips and Bloods drug dealers during ... Williams was a founder of the street gang known as the Crips.

Gangs OR Us - Robert Walker - Gang identification expert
http://www.gangsorus.com/contact.html
Robert Walker, gang expert and consultant, offers the most complete and ... Gangs OR Us has been online since 1999 and ranks at the top of gang identification

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Sun May 05, 2013 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun May 05, 2013 3:10 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Walker will be the first to tell you that the gangs are changing and implementing more techniques to confuse police detention and fly under the police radar.

They may no longer band together in their colors on a regular basis. They are creating strange alliances, and you may see a group wearing a variety of gang colors. These alliances are blurring some of the traditional relationships.

One example is the incidence of Blood graffiti identification next to GD or Crip graffiti. For years the LA based Bloods and even the east coast United Nation Bloods were, sometimes wrongly, said to be part of the People alliance out of Chicago. Allegedly the Blood leadership spent last year denouncing that alliance.

The Kennedy Center has been torn down for about a year, but on the front of th building was a large six point star. Above it was MOB for Members of Bloods. To the left was 74GD and Crip below. This was next to 5th Ward graffiti.

In the area south of Pierson and between Dupont and M l King, there is a repeated merging of the gang signs of groups that would be thought to be enemies.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Sun May 05, 2013 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun May 05, 2013 3:26 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

When gangs start to take over your neighborhood, graffiti is often one of the first signs. However some gangs are now declining to use graffiti.

You need to first photograph the graffiti and then get rid of it. Forward your photos to the police for intelligence on gang movements.

You have to realize that some gang graffiti is made up and used only by the local gangs. You won't find it in any gang literature.

The gangs are using many juveniles for much of their activity because juveniles are treated differently in our Criminal Justice system.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Sun May 05, 2013 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun May 05, 2013 3:30 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The gang literature of Walker will explain in detail the 3 R's of gang culture.

1) Reputation or Rep
Their status within the gang and even the status of their gang is important.

2) Respect
Some gangs incorporate this principle I their written and spoken regulations.
They show disrespect to their rival gangs.
You may be angry at a gang member, but don't show fear and never disrespect
them.

3) Retaliation or revenge
Flint has experienced a number of shootings and murders because of retaliation.
Post Sun May 05, 2013 4:06 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Didn't someone recently say that Flint doesn't have gangs, that they're merely youth groups and social organizations?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun May 05, 2013 5:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Didn't someone recently say that Flint doesn't have gangs, that they're merely youth groups and social organizations?

Yes- actually a number of politicians starting with Woodrow Stanley when the Cobras came to town.
Post Sun May 05, 2013 8:12 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Saw this show tonight and it was impressive. It featured a kind of COPs initiative. Unfortunately we don't have COPs any more.

One thing the police could do s collect data when the criminals are booked and incorporate it into a social networking database that links criminals into gangs and which gangs are aligned.

Counterinsurgency methods used to fight gang crime - CBS News
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-57582605/counterinsurgency-methods-used-to-fight-gan...
3 days ago ... 60 Minutes on CBS News: Counterinsurgency methods used to fight ... are helping law enforcement take back the streets of Springfield, Mass
Post Sun May 05, 2013 8:16 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

A way to invite retaliation. There is a house on the 100 block of East Gracelawn. The address is gone, but the house is across from 117.

At least two and possibly three different individuals wrote on the house. I say that because the lettering and writing styles differ, although they all use a light blue paint on the black tar paper.

This house is in the Pierson Hood area. Left of the front door is Big Head, 2 forks up P-Hood, 810 written in a similar style, Dayton is written in darker and bolder letters. Then in a less controlled style is 74GD and F*ck written before the Dayton

On the right side of the door in block letters is Flint Town, a six point star and a fork up. there are other symbols and letters that have been altered. Too bad I don't know the sequence of the graffiti. Oddly the is no crossing out of names. only a few altered symbols and the F*ck.
Post Sun May 05, 2013 8:33 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: