FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: 2013 Homicides
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Per Flint Police Operations, the first homicide of 2013 was in the 1700 block of North Chevrolet between 3:30 and 4:00 this morning.

Last edited by Dave Starr on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:48 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The gunshots and fireworks started around 5 pm, and did not stop until about 4 am. I am surprised there were not more murders. FPO showed gunfire all around the city. The north end was a war zone.
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:33 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Per Flint Police Operations, the first homicide of 2013 was in the 1700 block of North Chevrolet between 33:30 and 4:00 this morning.

I hope this is not a preview of the year to come!
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:34 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Drove by the scene - Chevrolet near Welch - at 8:45 & there was a Tahoe there, but nothing else. Went by again at 10:15 & CSI & the State Police Crime Lab were there.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:23 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
The gunshots and fireworks started around 5 pm, and did not stop until about 4 am. I am surprised there were not more murders. FPO showed gunfire all around the city. The north end was a war zone.

If we had shot spotter, it probably would have had a nervous breakdown.

Also on FPO, someone broke into a store last night & took 10 gallons of liquor & 10 cartons of cigarettes. PAAARRTTTAAAAYYYYY!!

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:25 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint police investigate first homicide of 2013

by NBC25 Newsroom

Posted: 1 min ago

FLINT -- Flint police are investigating the first homicide of the new year.

According to Flint police, investigators were called to 1717 N. Chevrolet Ave. at 2:55am for a shooting.

Upon arriving at the scene an unknown male was found in the basement of the home suffering from an apparent gunshot wound.

The victim was taken to a local hospital, where he later died.

Flint police tell NBC25 they have no suspects at this time. The victim has not yet been identified.

If you have any information regarding this case please call CrimeStoppers at 1800-422-JAIL or Flint PD at 810-237-6800.
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:42 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Police investigating shooting death on Flint's west side

By Dominic Adams | dadams5@mlive.com
on January 01, 2013 at 10:19 AM, updated January 01, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Investigators photograph a house where a teenager was shot Jan. 1 at 1717 N. Chevrolet Ave.Lauren Justice | MLive.com

FLINT, MI – Police are investigating a shooting death of a teenager at a home on Flint's west side.

Police were called at 2:55 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 1 to reports of a shooting at 1717 N. Chevrolet Ave., according to Michigan State Police at the scene.

A teenager was shot inside the home and later died, police said. The exact age of the teen was not released at the scene.

Few other details were available at the scene.

A Michigan State Police forensic laboratory lab pulled up to the home about 9:45 a.m. and detectives began taking photos outside and inside the home.

There have been no arrests and police did not release any suspect information.

Dominic Adams is a police reporter for The Flint Journal. Contact him at dadams5@mlive.com or 810-241-8803. Follow him on Twitter or Facebook.
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:59 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Dominic Adams wrote in mlive article, "A teenager was shot inside the home and later died, police said. The exact age of the teen was not released at the scene."

Source:
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2013/01/police_investigating_shooting_3.html
---
The city assessor's office shows the property at 1717 N. Chevrolet is owned by Joy Tabernacle Church. How ironic that just a year ago the pastor of that church gathered youth in hopes of stemming violence among youth. See Jan. 2012 article:

Pastor gathers Flint youths in hopes of spreading conflict resolution amid constant violence
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2012/01/pastor_gathers_flint_youths_in.html
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:56 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

00SL2, Nice job on the summary and follow up on the pastor. Too bad you don't work for the Flint Journal.
Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
Dominic Adams wrote in mlive article, "A teenager was shot inside the home and later died, police said. The exact age of the teen was not released at the scene."

Source:
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2013/01/police_investigating_shooting_3.html
---
The city assessor's office shows the property at 1717 N. Chevrolet is owned by Joy Tabernacle Church. How ironic that just a year ago the pastor of that church gathered youth in hopes of stemming violence among youth. See Jan. 2012 article:

Pastor gathers Flint youths in hopes of spreading conflict resolution amid constant violence

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2012/01/pastor_gathers_flint_youths_in.html

Many in Flint and in the religious community are questioning issues with this church and it's pastor.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:46 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

THE GOOD,THE BAD AND THE UGLY SIDE TOO BLOGS! THESE COMMENTS ARE FROM THE FLINT JOURNAL M-LIVE. EVERY MURDER BRINGS OUT THE HATERS THAT WANT TO DEMEAN AND DEHUMANIZE NORTH END RESIDENTS. THEY IGNORE THOSE WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THE THUG MENTALITY AND DISPLAY THE ANIMOUSITY THAT GENERATES FLINT'S HIGH UNEMPLOYMENY AMONG MINORITY YOUTH.

Kev Anderson
It's a badge of honor in Flint knowing a near murder record was set! The residents of Flint walk around its streets donning RIP shirts and posting RIP pictures on their facebook. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree concerning families in Flint. I've never seen such a mentality like I have here! It makes one shake their head and ask, HUH?

dogon likes this.

tigerfan58

The most efficient way to deal with our animalisic thugs. No trial,and most importingly the thug will not procreate. Chicago just got rid od 500 thugs in one year. Ask the cops if they think it is a tragedy if these morons kill each other.

dogon likes this.

packanimal

Well, it didn't take long for the first murder of the New Year to happen. I bet it beat the first New Year's baby in the county.

Now, we had 66 murders last I knew for 2012, a match to a prior year, unless any happened between 6pm and 12 midnight.

dogon likes this.

jacksondm

Tragically; another young life snuffed out and another family loss -- and, yet, the posters focus on 'Smart A_ _ ' comments. I'm not sure which is the greater tragedy.

rtp, AJ, CAF58 and Imjustsayin like this.

Imjustsayin

So true jacksondm. The heartless posters are no better than the thugs on the street. When you make jokes and think its funny to make murders a goal, it says more about the person than they know. Yet, if these were their family members, they'd be on here telling us how great they were and how they didn't deserve to die. Flint has a high murder rate, but it also has a high rate of ignorance and its not coming from the people you'd expect it would be coming from.

rtp, AJ, CAF58, burtonguy, Number407 and 1 more like this.

dogon

It isn't the 'murders' that some of us comment about, it is the attitude of the citizens of flint to put up with all of this junk!! THAT is the joke, unfortunately, A very SAD joke!!! To point it out we make comments about the 'record' (that no one in their right mind wants). To me it is used as more ofa wake-up call, but sadly, it doesn't seem to work at all!!
Post Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:56 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:

Many in Flint and in the religious community are questioning issues with this church and it's pastor.

Such as?

Post Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:00 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Remember this post from June 3, 2011 after a gunman shot at people outside the church?

Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

1. There's been drama going on at that address for some time. First time I know of that someone was shot. I wonder if this is the same shooter that shot up the back of that house a few weeks ago.
2. Over 20 rounds & only one hit? Spray & pray.
3. Drove by there on Dayton at 4:30. I wonder if the green Suburban they were looking for is the same one that was parked on Dayton, watching the cops at work.
4. The "AK-47's" sold at sporting goods stores around here are usually Romanian WASR-10's. They will NOT fire full automatic like a true assault weapon, and cannot be modified to do so. They are also rather inaccurate due to the barrel flexing as the bullet travels down it.

Post Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:25 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Drive-by shooting breaks up gathering to memorialize moped crash victim
Published: Friday, June 03, 2011, 6:54 PM Updated: Friday, June 03, 2011, 6:56 PM
By Khalil AlHajal | The Flint Journal The Flint Journal
FLINT, Michigan — A group of people who were gathered on Chevrolet Avenue today when shots were fired at them from a passing vehicle were trying to memorialize a man killed in a moped crash on Thursday.

View full sizeMatt Dixon | The Flint Journal Flint Police officers walk past cones marking multiple bullet casings at the scene of a shooting Friday on Chevrolet Avenue near Dayton Street in Flint.
"All they were doing was playing basketball, trying to relieve some of the stress, trying to deal with the loss of a family member," said Pastor Robert McCathern of the nearby Joy Tabernacle Church.

A 21-year-old man was shot in the leg by occupants of a green Chevrolet Suburban traveling southbound on Chevrolet, police said.

A group of family and friends were gathered at a home on Chevrolet Avenue north of Hamilton Avenue sharing memories about Otis McLeod when several of them pulled a basketball hoop into the street and began playing.

"We were trying to think about the good times, not the bad times," said Ebony McLeod, the crash victim' sister.

Otis Mcleod, 42, was traveling on Dayton Street around 5:30 a.m. Thursday when his moped collided with an SUV at Dupont Street.

Around 3 p.m. today, Dominick Coleman, 20, was playing basketball with the shooting victim when the vehicle pulled up and the shots were fired.

"It just needs to stop," said Coleman about violence in the area.

The victim was transported to a hospital with injuries that did not appear life-threatening, police said.

There were more than two dozen shell casings left on the street, fired from multiple firearms that may have been assault rifles, police said.