FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Will Ferrel Movie About Flint.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Jayjenkins
F L I N T O I D

For those of you that don't know, Will Ferrel is supposed to be making a movie about a fictional Flint Basketball Team. "The Tropics" It's supposed to be out sometime in 2008. Lets hope it doesn't get cut, or worse. The Mayor tells the to leave.

Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto
(Dennis DeYoung)
Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:54 am 
MysteryGuest

quote:
Jayjenkins schreef:
The Mayor tells the to leave.

The Mayor can't tell them to leave because they're filming it in Minneapolis.
Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:45 am 
iamlunchlady

They are shooting here not Minneapolis. Most of the movie will be filmed in LA though.
Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:28 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

She's 100% correct.

And I applaud Kent Alterman/New Line for shooting some of this film on location, that is NOT CHEAP and a great for the buzz and street cred of the movie. Remember it takes place in the 1970's so expect fros and other funny gags (I could be wrong).

If anyone gets a call from New Line, please be helpful (but not too ass kissing, people hate that) and PLEASE don't ask for anything from them. If you do a good job, they MAY invite you to the set and/or meet the stars and/or give you tix to the opening night.

Remember if we want them or any other studio to come back, be nice, professional, polite, and most of all... DISCRETE!

When Michael Moore, Jeff Gibbs and a few friends went to the Torch last year, people were REALLY COOL about leaving him alone. I know in Flint people can get starstruck (can't blame 'em), but in NYC that is very NOT COOL. So take it easy, be cool! Don't be a fool. You get respect by giving respect.

Few tips from a NYC/Flint filmmaker.
Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:10 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

I am just glad they are shooting some authentic Flint. I am more interested in Flint getting its props than seeing stars. The Flintoids will be very well behaved I am sure. Smile
Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:33 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
MysteryGuest

quote:
iamlunchlady schreef:
They are shooting here not Minneapolis. Most of the movie will be filmed in LA though.

Thanks for the correction, but it does say here that production starts in February in Minneapolis:
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00004758.html
Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:42 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

I've never heard of "ace showbiz" but if that is confirmed, cool, yah, they probably have a handful of filming locations.

They might have found a perfect field house or court or bar or house or something to film in out there in the twin cities.

They might only film a few days in Flint, just to get "Flint icons" like the weatherball or arches or block other "Flint" things. Remember, three of the biggest documentaries of all time were filmed in Flint -- people know Flint when they see it. Smile

Anyway, like iamlunchlady, I am happy to see they are making an effort to try and film in Flint.
Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:05 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
lunchlady schreef:
I am just glad they are shooting some authentic Flint. I am more interested in Flint getting its props than seeing stars. The Flintoids will be very well behaved I am sure. Smile

From what I have heard so far, a lot of the filming will be done right here in Flint.

This movie is expected to be pretty popular as all Will Ferrell movies usually are. This is an excellent opportunity for us to make a great impression on New Line and the world.
Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
DELETED

DELETED

Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:31 am 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Larry schreef:
Roscoe has the final cut for an American town the flint Michigan story been done and where will that film be opining? in (2008) if it has not been done what role dose flint talk.com and the laundry room play in that film if any? i just saw the trailer on the web interesting.

Yikes that trailer is old... here is what he is talking about...

http://shawnchittle.com/films/index.php?american_town

American Town is a great project that had some funding early on, and we need to get more. We've filmed about 14 hours thus far. It takes the viewer on a roller coaster ride through the major cultural events in Flint. Who cares about Flint? You'd be surprised!

I can't really talk more about it than that. Smile

Our film company has two other productions in the work; a short doc and a short dramatic film. Both revolve around true events that happened in Flint (big surprise).
Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:20 am 
Kat
F L I N T O I D

I hope they will film some of the movie here in Flint. Hadn't heard about this, but it sounds cool. Smile
Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:56 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

The last time Will Ferrell worked in a Scot Armstrong movie was Old School which grossed $90m on a $24m budget.

Uh, yah.

By the way, here is the IMDB entry on Semi-Pro . Keep watching it to see stuff get added.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0839980/
Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:48 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: