FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Tim Herman on Brown's Advisory Board

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

First Genesee County gives Tim Herman's Genesee regional Chamber of Commerce a no-bid seven year contract for the hotel taes, now Brown places Herman on the advisory committee. Is it any wonder citizens are oncerned about Brown?

The Committee:

Mayor Dayne Walling
Councilman Delrico loyd(first ward Councilman)
Kenyatta Dotson (Church without Walls)
Latrelle Holmes (Greater Galilee Baptist)
Tim Herman

So far the advisory group has Flint's Northend and Downtown covered-what about the rest of Flint.

Is it any wonder channel 12 only mentioned Walling in their story last night?
Post Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:11 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Head of Genesee Regional Chamber of Commerce to advise Flint emergency manager on city finances
Published: Monday, December 19, 2011, 8:08 PM Updated: Monday, December 19, 2011, 8:40 PM

By Khalil AlHajal | The Flint Journal
FLINT, Michigan — Tim Herman, president and CEO of the Genesee Regional Chamber of Commerce, said today he's looking forward to advising emergency manager Michael Brown on finance and infrastructure issues as a member of a committee put together today.

Brown named Herman, Flint Mayor Dayne Walling; Flint City Councilman Delrico Loyd; community activist Kenyetta Dotson; and the Rev. Latrelle Holmes, pastor of Greater Galilee Baptist Church to a committee he plans to consult with as he works to get the city's finances back on track.

Herman said he and Brown have a long history of working together in deficit reduction.

"He's a problem solver and he's got a proven record... and he's a consensus builder among diverse community groups," Herman said.

Herman said he intends to use his accounting background to help Brown get the city out of financial emergency.

"I'm going to spend a lot of my time with Mike on the city's finances, since that's my background," he said. "I'm going to help Mike on some infrastructure issues as well."

Terry_Bankert December 20, 2011 at 6:01AM

It looks to me the very same people that took us down are organizing the bring back. What groups will benefit over others? Will there be transparency?Will any part of this process be public? What decisions ahve already been privately made? Will the Flint Police Department be disbanded and this service assigned to the Genesee County Sheriff? Is this all a prelude to regionalization and the creation of a county executive, like Tim Herman? He would be a good choice....for some? How are the Citizens of Flint being represented by this process? Blaa Blaa Blaa, Flintoids we did it to our selves by not demanding better. Flint Leaders could not handle our Financial affairs requiring the governor to step in eventualy using the same group to bring us up that worked policies behind the scene that took us down?
If we have to have an EM which we do Mike Brown is the leader to create a new path. Do not expect to like it.

betrayedone December 20, 2011 at 7:35AM

Don't worry he will fix things alright! He will steal the workers pensions, make sure the children of the workers and poor get an inadequate education unless they go into heavy debt to his repugnanten buddies, and eleminate workers right to vote unless
Post Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:59 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

When Tim Herman's group took over the economic development for Flint, they removed whole file cabinets worth of documents. When they were asked to return them, they sent back two worthless boxes of documents. Among the missing documents- a 108 loan appplication for Speed.
Post Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:03 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I am shocked they would put Dayne Walling on this board after how he has failed the citizens of Flint. Think about it, if Don Williamson or Woodrow Stanley were mayor right now people would be outraged. For some reason people love drinking the Flint kool aid and still support Walling.

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
First Genesee County gives Tim Herman's Genesee regional Chamber of Commerce a no-bid seven year contract for the hotel taes, now Brown places Herman on the advisory committee. Is it any wonder citizens are oncerned about Brown?

The Committee:

Mayor Dayne Walling
Councilman Delrico loyd(first ward Councilman)
Kenyatta Dotson (Church without Walls)
Latrelle Holmes (Greater Galilee Baptist)
Tim Herman

So far the advisory group has Flint's Northend and Downtown covered-what about the rest of Flint.

Is it any wonder channel 12 only mentioned Walling in their story last night?

Post Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:04 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

I'm not shocked by Walling's appointment at all. I think Brown has what it takes to turn Flint around, but he is not steering the ship. I said immediately that Walling would continue to have a part and would get paid. This is because of Brown's allegiance to Uptown Development, The Mott Foundation, and the Downtown Development Authority. Walling is their Golden Boy and they are going to protect him anyway they can. Flint is being run by a core group of people right now and they are the ones that are dictating our destiny.
Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:52 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Bossman schreef:
I'm not shocked by Walling's appointment at all. I think Brown has what it takes to turn Flint around, but he is not steering the ship. I said immediately that Walling would continue to have a part and would get paid. This is because of Brown's allegiance to Uptown Development, The Mott Foundation, and the Downtown Development Authority. Walling is their Golden Boy and they are going to protect him anyway they can. Flint is being run by a core group of people right now and they are the ones that are dictating our destiny.

I think the people of Flint should consider reclaiming our destiny.

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:16 pm 
JCARPENTER
F L I N T O I D

Adam I agree' sign me up. Brown is nothing more than an over paid puppet for Uptown, Mott and the Genesee County Chamber. He wouldn't even be crowned take over ruler without Williamson. Dont forget Don made him city manager or he never would have been unelected mayor in the first place.The first thing he did was give his buddy at Prima Civitas $100,000 of our tax dollars to tell him what to do about the budget. Guess where he was working when Snyder found him? Next he gave his friends at Mott College our $500,000 army reserve center for one dollar. Then he gave our Chev in the hole property to the land bank.This multi million dollar property was to be used for a research park to create jobs. I say give him back to Prima and let them pay his fat salary. Maybe he will take his buddy Walling with him? They can use their limited organizational skills and sell them to some other city.
Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:51 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Wayne County is being investigated for their no-bid contracts and Genesee County should be too. Joe Graves brought up that the decision to give the Regional Chamber of Commerce a no-bid seven year contract was a serious issue and the majority of the board went along with it.

This also raises serious issues about the so-called Leadership Committee that calls the shots for the Genesee County Board of Commissioners in secret "back room" deals. Do they rast of the board, who represent all areas of the county, to just follow their lead like sheep. Recent county decisions need to be reviewed and voters need to watch their commissioner.

Do they really think they are punishing the city only with some of their decisions. Flint always has and always will impact the county. When there is nothing left in Flint to steal, they will continue to steal from the county.
Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:18 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
JCARPENTER schreef:
Adam I agree' sign me up. Brown is nothing more than an over paid puppet for Uptown, Mott and the Genesee County Chamber. He wouldn't even be crowned take over ruler without Williamson. Dont forget Don made him city manager or he never would have been unelected mayor in the first place.The first thing he did was give his buddy at Prima Civitas $100,000 of our tax dollars to tell him what to do about the budget. Guess where he was working when Snyder found him? Next he gave his friends at Mott College our $500,000 army reserve center for one dollar. Then he gave our Chev in the hole property to the land bank.This multi million dollar property was to be used for a research park to create jobs. I say give him back to Prima and let them pay his fat salary. Maybe he will take his buddy Walling with him? They can use their limited organizational skills and sell them to some other city.

McCabe couldn't do the job the first time Brown hired him and yet I hear he is back and those who knew how to run the job are gone.

Tracy Atkinson is said to be nothing but incompetant and yet she keeps her job and is switched from job-tojob to save her worthless hide. But then she had a long history working with Brown, both in Flint and in Lansing. And no one ever investigated her double dipping between Flint, University of Michigan and now Mott College.
Just what is her relationship with Brown?
Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:25 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
Bossman schreef:

From what I hear Bossman is right. There may be at least four committees formed by Brown and the important one has all of the Flint and Lansing money people imcluding former lansing Mayor and Prima Civitas CEO David Hollister, local downtown leaders and members of Brown's local reinvestment group.

In my opinion they should be looking to indict Walling and Eason.
Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:18 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Word on the street is that lawrence Moon sits on one of Brown's most important boards. Is that why he went to Lynn Waybright's job and talked to the manager about her? Why would anyone want to interfere in a person's employment relationship and did he think she would not be told? What kind of games are being played?

Remember the old folk saying "People who live in glass houses should not throw stones". Moon would do well to remember that.
Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:23 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Emergency manager: Flint's financial problems 'massive'

Published: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 2:37 PM Updated: Thursday, January 12, 2012, 3:45 PM

By Kristin Longley | Flint Journal
Follow

FLINT, Michigan — The city of Flint's financial problems are "massive" and require immediate attention, emergency manager Michael Brown said this week.

The comments come as Brown prepares to submit the city's financial and operating plan to the state treasury as required by the state law that governs emergency managers.

View full sizeFlint Journal file photoMichael Brown
"The primary area of importance is the city's finances and what actions we can take to immediately turn the tide on spending more than we're bringing in," he said between meetings at City Hall on Wednesday. "It's massive — there's no question about it."

The city's most recent audit showed the city ended the 2011 budget year with a $7.3 million deficit, but would have been even deeper in the hole if the city had not borrowed $8 million last year.

Brown said the financial plan, which he plans to finalize Friday and submit to the state over the weekend, will lay out specific recommendations on how the city can close the significant gap between revenue and expenses.

Brown declined to reveal any details of the plan before it was completed, but said he hopes to start implementing all the recommendations "as soon as possible."

"There's urgency here," he said. "Really, we're in an emergency situation."

Brown said the main focus of the plan is city spending as well as legacy costs. Also included are recommendations on public safety, infrastructure and grants.

Brown convened subcommittees on each of those topics to advise him as he created the plan. Committee members included local business people, city council members, the mayor and local nonprofit leaders.

Ed Kurtz, Flint's former emergency financial manager during the 2002 state takeover, is chairman of the committee on legacy costs, Brown said. Other chairpersons include Armando Hernandez of Security Credit Union; Sue Peters of Flint's Local Initiatives Support Corp. office; the Rev. George Wilkinson, pastor of Word of Life Christian Church; and Diana Kelly of United Way of Genesee County.
Post Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:54 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: