FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: DELETED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Elias

In regards to Ms. Poplar and her claim that she didn't know that "asking" for money for her ''scholarship " fund I have to ask a couple of questions;
1) Did she ask the city attorney if what she had in mind was legal?
2.) Did Ms. Poplar think or was she given the impression by more experineced Council members that this approach was considered the norm for transacting business?
I think her claims of she not knowing what she was doing was wrong (illegal) is highly doubtful. Yes ,Party stores can cause problems in an area,and yes,perhaps Ms. Poplar thinks these store owners should "contribute " more to the neighborhoods . I would like to draw attention to the fact that store owners do pay more in all forms of taxes (City,County,State and Federal) than Ms. Poplar does. Unless she owns a business or some concern I am unaware of.
If the Council does wish to slow the number of Party stores from increasing in Flint they should seek other means to make this A) Known to the public and B) (and most important) LEGAL!
I say there are no excuses for Ms. Poplar's behavior and she should be forced into resigning .
Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:42 pm 
Joe

Ted Jankowski points out stupid things, he has no point to his conversations.
Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:17 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

SUBSTANCE SUBSTANCE SUBSTANCE!!! How about some substance? What Points? Those points you made were just plain stupid! Oops, I digress, You made no points. What a great apology. Thanks.
Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Joe

Poplar is dumb woman, she don't know anything.
she should be in da prison
Post Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:57 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Joe schreef:
Poplar is dumb woman, she don't know anything.
she should be in da prison

but in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

so, her ward elected her. They'll get a chance to determine whether she is too dumb to represent them or not.

perhaps she is as smart as any of them. Perhaps she knows enough that her ward is comfortable in her performance.

Post Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:23 am 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:

so, her ward elected her. They'll get a chance to determine whether she is too dumb to represent them or not.

perhaps she is as smart as any of them. Perhaps she knows enough that her ward is comfortable in her performance.

Thy tongue cut deeper than the sharpest sword.

Dude/Dudette you have some serious skillz! <-- Street Language.

I enjoy reading your comments.

Post Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:47 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
DELETED

DELETED

Post Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:51 am 
Karen

Ms. Poplar should resign, she is a sad, over weight woman
Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:31 pm 
rapunzel

Elias- remember you live in the same land.... Embarassed

quote="Elias"]In regards to Ms. Poplar and her claim that she didn't know that "asking" for money for her ''scholarship " fund I have to ask a couple of questions;
1) Did she ask the city attorney if what she had in mind was legal?
2.) Did Ms. Poplar think or was she given the impression by more experineced Council members that this approach was considered the norm for transacting business?
I think her claims of she not knowing what she was doing was wrong (illegal) is highly doubtful. Yes ,Party stores can cause problems in an area,and yes,perhaps Ms. Poplar thinks these store owners should "contribute " more to the neighborhoods . I would like to draw attention to the fact that store owners do pay more in all forms of taxes (City,County,State and Federal) than Ms. Poplar does. Unless she owns a business or some concern I am unaware of.
If the Council does wish to slow the number of Party stores from increasing in Flint they should seek other means to make this A) Known to the public and B) (and most important) LEGAL!
I say there are no excuses for Ms. Poplar's behavior and she should be forced into resigning .[/quote]
Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:47 am 
pissed off ma ma bear

Anybody with any common sense would know that POPLAR needs to step down,,,I am very surprised she has not been ousted by the board,,maybe the federal government needs to bring charges to wake up dumb asses to take some action,,,what she did is unethical and crooked,,,,
Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:49 am 
George

Leave it to Ted to stick up for Poplar, he also stuck up for Woodrow Stanley too. I guess someone needs to stick up for the under dogs.
Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:26 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Interesting observation. It's not so much just sticking up for the underdog. It's sticking up for those who have had an injustice perpetrated against them. Wether I agree with them personally or not. I believe in putting the blame where it lies. Cuting through the lies and speaking the truth. Even if I don't agree with the outcome.
Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Southside E
F L I N T O I D

It seems clear that Poplar violated the law. It is also clear that she was not prosecuted. If her own ward won't see fit to remove her, then the rest of the council should, else they lose any claim to credibility and lawfulness. Also those responsible for the lack of prosecution should be held accountable-- we all KNOW she broke the law-- and we expect our prosecutors to perform-- or be removed. We need to let them know the standards they shall be held to-- and the consequences for not performing. And if YOUR councilperson didn'tsee fit to seek her removal, then YOU are responsible for removing THEM next election.
Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:33 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Half truths, don't make someone worthy of removal. Keep spouting the same thing over and over without mentioning the whole story. Only proves your prejudice! And only focusing on this one issue with no mention of all the rest that are going on in the mayor’s office proves your not really concerned about the LAW, or what is right, but only that which works towards your cause.

Why beat up on Poplar, because she tried to openly use the system to benefit the people. Then remain silent on the “DON” for “IN YOUR FACE” use of the system to benefit his pocket book at the expense of the people.
Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:01 pm 
pissed off ma ma bear

I dont think anyone is being silent on the works of Don Williamson,,,and I dont think anyone is showing prejudice by feeling Poplar needs to step down,,I think if a vote were taken by everyone in Genesee county as to her staying or going,,,she would definately be GONE,,,, It is a proven fact lately from the way the city is running,,,and that DUMB ASSES,,, far out way ,,,INTELLIGENCE lately within the city,, Laughing
Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:27 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: