FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Why Flint cannot trust their media
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Flinn's Journal schreef:
YOU NEED EDUCATING, 1PISSED OFF GUY!!! Bill Schette was NEVER a prosecutor. But he has a political career a mile long. He was a congressman from 1984 to 1990 when he ran for the US Senate and lost to Carl Levin. Gov. John Engler then appointed Schutte to be MI Dept. of Agriculture director in 1991. In 1994, Schuette was elected to the state senate and served until he was term limited. He was elected as a judge in the Michgian Court of Appeals from 2002 to 2009.

Leyton? He served in private practice before he was elected Genesee County Prosecutor, his ONLY political job. I do see a dormant Recall Leyton page on Facebook so an attempt at a Recall Leyton campaign has fizzled.

Hey Gary , Shuette was friggin JUDGE ! That trumps some ambulance chasing punk like Leyton. And yeah, I know Leyton was in private practice, I know people he screwed over when he was in private practice. It's a miracle your boy still has his license to practice. Well not a miracle, most friggin lawyers are lying jerks so who would push the issue amongst his "peers" anyway?
Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:29 pm 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

Schuette was a corrupt appeals court jusge, just like some of the members of the Michigan Supreme Court. Why are you favoring him when you already stated that you want to sign a Recall Schuette petition?

http://www.mapinc.org/newsnorml/v11/n380/a02.html

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:32 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

When did I say I would sign a recall petition for him? I don't like what he is doing on one (1) issue. I won't throw him out of for that alone. Look, other than you having some personal connection to Leyton why should the rest of us trust him? Leyton throws up his hands and gives in far too easily. Schuette has gained prosecutions on at least two (2) cases where Leyton said he could do nothing. And recently you have said things that give reason to believe that you are anti Christian. I guess that kind of bias is permissible in your circles , right? You are very full of yourself Gary. I don't think Leyton will do anything special for you IF he ever gets into higher office so why be his cheerleader? I don't like Schuette much either but at least he has the very easily discovered attribute that he is not Leyton, and that's more than enough for me. Leyton is a crook. He is lazy. He is a hand wringer. He has no testicular fortitude . If he were a lawyer in another realm of law he would be what is called 'an early settler" . If you want to have some claim to fame, do something in your own existence and stop hanging onto Leyton's coattails, cause he ain't going nowhere.
Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:27 am 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

quote:
1pissedoffguy schreef:
@1pissedoffguy. I have news for you. A recall campaign has just begun against MI AG Bill Schuette as the recall language has been approved.
http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2011/09/medical_marijuana_advocate_win.html
I will sign the recall petition when I first come across one. Schette is also acting like a Christian Taliban member trying to make the law instead of following the law.
And David Leyton is nothing more than a pissant plea dealer who is a soft on crime . I know he is a friend of yours but he is pathetic prosecutor. He fudges his "wins" to appear that he does something, he doesn't. I don't like Schuette screwing with the Medical Marijuana law, it was voted in overwhelmingly . But I warn you of introducing religious slurs Mr Flinn, you are inviting some serious issues by doing that. But then I know you libs operate under double standards so I know they won't call you on that, I will . Do what you please. I would love to see your buddy Leyton removed from his office in Genesee County. He is more interested in making speeches where he praises his own ( phoney) record. His self-praise merely shows the depths of his his self aggrandizement and that is scary as hell in a public official .

His biased stand on medical marijuana along with allowing silencers on firearms are two reasons Bill Schuette is a terrible AG for Michigan. As I stated, SCHUETTE never prosecuted a case and being an appeals court judge DOES NOT COUNT. Prosecutors need to deal with the evidence the police provide in court. Comprende? Or, once again, DO YOU PREFER MORE ACQUITTALS DUE TO INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE?????

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:31 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The "silencer" (they're not, really) would save the taxpayers a lot of money buying hearing aids for all the gang bangers after they destroy their hearing by shooting without ear protection.

"Silencers" are actually suppressors. They only cut the sound some.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I laugh everytime I see some lib program or movie showing a silencer on a revolver. Morons.
Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:03 pm 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

Has this thread turned into an episode of The Sopranos?

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:57 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

OK, so why hasn't the local media reported on the lawsuit? If the allegations are proven, it could mean big trouble for Smith Village and the City.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Flinn's Journal schreef:
quote:
1pissedoffguy schreef:
@1pissedoffguy. I have news for you. A recall campaign has just begun against MI AG Bill Schuette as the recall language has been approved.
http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2011/09/medical_marijuana_advocate_win.html
I will sign the recall petition when I first come across one. Schette is also acting like a Christian Taliban member trying to make the law instead of following the law.
And David Leyton is nothing more than a pissant plea dealer who is a soft on crime . I know he is a friend of yours but he is pathetic prosecutor. He fudges his "wins" to appear that he does something, he doesn't. I don't like Schuette screwing with the Medical Marijuana law, it was voted in overwhelmingly . But I warn you of introducing religious slurs Mr Flinn, you are inviting some serious issues by doing that. But then I know you libs operate under double standards so I know they won't call you on that, I will . Do what you please. I would love to see your buddy Leyton removed from his office in Genesee County. He is more interested in making speeches where he praises his own ( phoney) record. His self-praise merely shows the depths of his his self aggrandizement and that is scary as hell in a public official .

His biased stand on medical marijuana along with allowing silencers on firearms are two reasons Bill Schuette is a terrible AG for Michigan. As I stated, SCHUETTE never prosecuted a case and being an appeals court judge DOES NOT COUNT. Prosecutors need to deal with the evidence the police provide in court. Comprende? Or, once again, DO YOU PREFER MORE ACQUITTALS DUE TO INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE?????

I just said Schuette got convictions out of two cases your boy didn't want to touch. I would prefer a Prosecutor who prosecutes over a man more concerned with being a toastmaster /lounge lizard/comedian like your boy Leyton wants to be. And stop talking down to me. Your arrogance is galling! I asked you where you went to Law School. Tick, tick,, too hard of a question for you? And you haven't shown me where I said I would sign a petition to get Schuette removed. Are you talking through the area one typically sits? I think your bias towards Leyton is because you , at one place, stated both you and he share a religious/ethnic background . Is that the reason yo have become the self-appointed apologist for him?
Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:47 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Flinn's Journal schreef:
Has this thread turned into an episode of The Sopranos?

Wel you brought up the silencers topic. Very Happy
Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:40 am 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

...after 1pissedoffguy continues to flip-flop on Michigan AG Bill Schuette who should be recalled.

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:23 am 
josismoct
F L I N T O I D

I see a lot of talk about David Leyton on this forum. He's certainly been a lightning rod of controversy the last couple years hasn't he? When there smoke..theres fire, right?

What Flint in suffering from is a lack of good charachter in their elected officials. We are desperate to get people who WILL help, not just be big mouths, right? How dissapointing when people have ambition to be popular and well liked but fib and constantly try to fool us.

People of Flint, let me tell you the elected ones you got now, I KNOW they think Flint residents are stupid, uneducated, and backwards. And I know they are old fashioned closeted bigots against blacks, uneductaed whites. Your elected officials believe most of Flint's citizens to be helpless unfortunate, and anyone who doesn't earn over $100g per year forget about it!

For example, a guy like Leyton has disdain for us all. He sees us with no real options or clout. That's the cold hard truth. Unless of course you can/could help him. Oh he'll take your time and dime. He'll pretend to be your freind (talkin to you Flinn) when you give him a donation for HIM, then when you walk out the door, he'll laugh at you behind your back.

Every year for years and years Sept 14 marks Leytons annual fundraising birthday solicitations. He has hosted a party in his own honor on his birthdate, soliciting campaign donations. So if your 'lucky" enough to get the invite, you are either a past sucker giving contributions to HIM or a potential sucker. But Leytons not nice like Barnum..a sucker is born every minute. At least Barnum provided a true venue of circus entertainment. What you get in Leyton and Pickell are just goonies.

Does a person's actions speak louder than words? What would you all think if you knew your prosecutor had a birthday party for himself to get money for himself, yet at the exact same time he knowingling left his old sick invalid mother, helpless on the floor after falling that exact same day???

I've been very irritated about Leyton. I was curious and went over to the probate court to check out for myself the situation that was featured in the Journal a few times, Especially after Barkey got removed from Leyton's case concerning his old elderly in-laws.

You know what I found? Leyton and his wife, on his birthday fundraiser of Sept 14, 2009 held a fancy cocktail reception at Flint Golf Club. He was gearing up for his Attorney General run, and wanted to collect a lot of donations, had drinks and ate well, all the time knowing his 82 year old morbidly obese mother in law had fallen and lay on the floor helpless. Her husband, then 90, has dementia and couldn't help his wife. The Leytons left their mother on the floor while they partied! There is a 911 call made by the younger sister from Detroit. She had to drive to Flint to rescue her mother. That's what I read and a lot more.

Now if you look back to Leytons statements about elder abuse since 2007, he would have had to arrest or charge himself. But instead he said he was keeping out of it. Really??

It turns out, little sis found a bunch of questionable financial issues. The Leytons are knee deep in dog poop. Apparently Mr. leyton pops was a stand up guy and try to help his kid that they refuse to clean up also at their parents house.

The Leytons betrayed their pop's trust and has acted to prevent the old folks from getting licensed and insured home health care for going on two years. Wonder why?
Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:41 am 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

That is a matter within the Kaufman family. David Leyton has nothing to do with the family dispute within the Kaufman family. The only connection the county prosecutor has is he is married to the former Therese Kaufman. Nothing more.

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:04 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Hey, Gary; another reason to recall Schuette?
http://www.freep.com/article/20110913/NEWS06/109130351/Michigan-dispenser-accused-offering-free-medical-marijuana-customers-who-registered-vote

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:07 pm 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

Already stated above about Schuette's attempts at undoing Michigan's voter approved medical marijuana law which is the reason for the recall campaign against him in the first place.

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:12 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: