FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Property vs People

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Those who listen to their scanners daily understand most, if not all, of the codes and officer designations. Just like other specialized officers, the officers assigned to catch the metal strippers must also answer the priority calls.

This makes sense when you review the scanner results from Flint Police Operations and Flint police Blotter. Armed robberies, shootings and large fights dominate the scanner at times. People should come first. However there are some stories about scrappers getting caught. Unfortunately the number of scrapper calls are increasing/
Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:53 am 
cleartheair
F L I N T O I D

Having a discussion with an online friend, he says that a lot of these scrappers are from outlying cities who only come to Flint to steal metals. is there any way of finding out if this is true?

He is saying his cop friends are telling him this and also a little other info from the scrap yards is leaning this way.
Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:01 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

There are many scrapper calls on the Facebook site Flint Police Communications but I see very few that get responses. The problem is so widespread, it is impossible to contain at this time. Police have made a number of arrests, so they may have a handle on it.

Last week I saw 2 men all dressed in Black riding bikes and hauling grocery carts with bent aluminum siding on Donaldson near Mackin. A nearby house had some missing siding the same light grey color.

The only way to solve is at the salvage stores. A state law requiring ID and permits or other proof that the sising and plumbing legit, such as a remodeling or demo permit.

Some are also saying Land bank crews are removing this metal from more than just Land Bank owned houses.
Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:27 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: