FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: LAND BANK FLINT'S BIGGEST SLUM LORD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Is The Genesee County Land Bank Flint's Worst Slum Lord?
Yes, they have bitten off more than they can chew
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
No, they are just trying to take over all the property in Flint.
26%
 26%  [ 9 ]
RECALL DAN KILDEE - Lets Clean Flint Up.
55%
 55%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 34

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

How is the fish grotto coming along? Do you still have room for a garden?
Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:14 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The plan is to have the liner & at least some of the filtration set up this year & fish next year. There'll still be some room for a garden once all the dirt is moved to the area we want it in.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Dont forget to leave plenty of open water via some type of floating heater for the gas to escape during winter. We lost all our fish two years ago about 75 total including two 6 lb Koi and blame it on lack of proper iced over ventilation. Although their was a small open water area. That was also the end of our fish pond filled it in and planted a garden.

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:15 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

That's why I'll hold off on fish until next year. It'll give me a chance to build a winter cover - conduit frame with a plastic cover - & see how it works over a winter. A friend in Oak Park, near Detroit, does this & her pond stays ice free all winter.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:53 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Link
Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:38 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Link

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:09 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Link

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:57 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Don't forgeet possible pay backsto the federal government. The berridge was touted as an afordable loft purchase project. Yet HUD determined the lofts were marketed as rentals, which did not comply with the original grant application. Court Street Village, the nonprofit used to create the project, has to help change the grant specs along with the city. Also the dynamics of HUD work with rentals is altered (along with Salemm Housing planned sales that turned rentals) and Flint could be facing some paybacks.

Before the Berridge Project emerged as a viable project, community leaders at a MSHD Cities of Promise meeting discussed how rentals were more plausible than home sales. These non profits are rehabbing homes for sale only to have them sit for a long time and sometimes have them become rentals because they can't sell them. MSHDA did not want to continue with demolition without some plan to buils new homes.

The three rehabs MSHDA gave GECA the money forwere unsellable until MSHDA spent money a second time on them and the Shelter of Flint purchased them. This was the second time MSHDA bailed GECA out.
Post Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:55 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam schreef:

Link

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:07 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Proposed bill seeks to eliminate real estate 'scavenger sales' in Michigan
Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:10 pm 
theboyzmom
F L I N T O I D

The problem here is much deeper than the scavenger sales - but again government wants to fix its screw ups with more laws. The actual problem is the out of control assessing of the properties in the first place. If the taxes were based on the REAL value of the property, more people would or could stay in the homes. Right now we have a system where the county bases assessments not on what the TRUE CASH VALUE of the property is, but rather on the amount of taxes they "need" to collect. This was the cause of the Genesee Towers mess and will be the cause of another mess if the attitude is not changed.
Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:29 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

True Mom . Several landlords state they are abandoning properties because of unrealistic assessments and taxes on the properties.
Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:29 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Genesee County proposed budget cuts off funding for Land Bank

The county Land Bank, which cuts weeds and boards-up houses on more than 6,000 tax-foreclosed properties, is on the verge of losing almost all the money it uses for maintenance -- more than $1.3 million in the fiscal year that starts in just a few weeks.

The potential loss -- one-third of its total budget -- comes as the county Board of Commissioners scavenge for cash, in this case taking money that has been used to fund the Land Bank for general operations in a budget proposed Wednesday.
Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:15 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I know it'll never happen, but the land bank wheels COULD take pay cuts so at least some mowing could be done. And, no, I didn't just get back from visiting fantasy island.

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:53 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Double post deleted.

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:53 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: