FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: UAW endorses Scott Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Cornbread Maxwell
F L I N T O I D

Smith - co-owns a lawn mowing company with his bro, is a proud landlord, has no formal education, and is a "fiscally conservative" union guy?

That about sums it up, right?
Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:57 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Yeah!! He will help Flint the same way he's a great businessman by employing a bunch of minimum-wage, seasonal, non-union workers.

The same way he's a property developer by owning a bunch of substandard rentals.

The same way he's a Flint resident.

He drives a Patsy Lou Williamson police car or a truck toting a statue of the Statue of Liberty and that is suppose to make him a great leader??

By the way, does anyone have any idea as to why he has a statue of the Statue of Liberty in his truck? Could be a fetish I guess?
Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:26 pm 
liontamer
F L I N T O I D

The only thing I can figure out about why he has a S of L. in his truck is to endorse the idea that the statue stands for:

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses....send ... the homeless".
In other words, Y'all come to Flint...we will feed you and find you a cheap rental home.
Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:55 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
liontamer schreef:
The only thing I can figure out about why he has a S of L. in his truck is to endorse the idea that the statue stands for:

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses....send ... the homeless".
In other words, Y'all come to Flint...we will feed you and find you a cheap rental home.

Good point Liontamer! And that's the type of person Flint attracts; down and outers and not a pot to whizz in. Coming here with hand out and a mindset we owe it to them or something to give them food , clothing, homes and health care. Send em back ! Flint does not need any more deadbeats and losers.
Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:15 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Scott Smith is not a dead beat. He bought some land Bank properties and was advised to wait until he received the deeds to pay the taxes owing.

The property just south of Court and Ann arbor was a Land bank lot and the Land bank called one of the adjacent owners and asked that they buy the lot. When they went to buy the lot they were asked to pay the full $400 price for only half of the lot. After paying for the lot and selling their commercial property annd the half-lot, they found out they did not have a clear title. It took months and $28,000 to clear the title. The Land bank tells residents thst the title hs already been cleared.

Smith took a risk in buying these land bank properties in order to rehab them.
Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:17 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

There may be a misinterpretation about the call as I have been told that some people recognize the voice and that the caller works for the UAW.
If this was a personal endorsement, it could have been mistaken for a UAW endorsement.
Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:20 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Come on Webs!! If you were not beating the Scot t Smith drum you would be all over this!
Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:36 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
There may be a misinterpretation about the call as I have been told that some people recognize the voice and that the caller works for the UAW.
If this was a personal endorsement, it could have been mistaken for a UAW endorsement.

The call I received was from someone that cooed herself "Laurie" she clearly said the UAW in endorsing Smith.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:05 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Hardwood
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:

The call I received was from someone that cooed herself "Laurie" she clearly said the UAW in endorsing Smith.

My best friend's Mother also received this call. She said "Laurie" said this:

"Hello, my name is Laurie (insert last name), I am a UAW Union member, and I support Scott Smith."

My friend's Mother thought the message was pretty clear, but i can see where if someone just picked up key words, they could be confused.

Hardwood
Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:59 am 
Hardwood
F L I N T O I D

quote:
cleartheair schreef:

This house appears to have belonged to Kevin Smith of K Smith construction, a fired Flint cop.

Another untruth being preached about the Smiths.

Like most of the City of Flint Police force, Kevin Smith was laid off, not fired.

Hardwood
Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:09 am 
liontamer
F L I N T O I D

Hardwood......If Scott Smith is going to be Mayor he had better get used to "untruths" about him. It happens. I've heard that they aren;'t as nasty in Davison. Please tell us the "truth" about the Smiths so we will be able to know what the real Smith story is.
I'm sure you aren't a Smith supporter, but just tell us what you have heard that is true.
Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:24 am 
cleartheair
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Hardwood schreef:
quote:
cleartheair schreef:

This house appears to have belonged to Kevin Smith of K Smith construction, a fired Flint cop.

Another untruth being preached about the Smiths.

Like most of the City of Flint Police force, Kevin Smith was laid off, not fired.

Hardwood

Parcel #:

41-17-127-003
Address:

1614 E COURT ST

Owner:

SMITH, KEVIN R

1614 E COURT ST

FLINT, MI 48503
Classification:

Residential Improved
Zoning District:

A-2
Lot Size:

Front: 45 Depth: 116.64

Legal Description

Sale Information

Ward/Precinct Information

A high ranking officer friend in the FPD said he was fired.

Do i have this wrong?

Are you just another blow hard?
Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:25 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Scott Smith is not a dead beat. He bought some land Bank properties and was advised to wait until he received the deeds to pay the taxes owing.

The property just south of Court and Ann arbor was a Land bank lot and the Land bank called one of the adjacent owners and asked that they buy the lot. When they went to buy the lot they were asked to pay the full $400 price for only half of the lot. After paying for the lot and selling their commercial property annd the half-lot, they found out they did not have a clear title. It took months and $28,000 to clear the title. The Land bank tells residents thst the title hs already been cleared.

Smith took a risk in buying these land bank properties in order to rehab them.

Is it true his properties often get turned over to the county? One of his supporters posted his delinquent reciepts from the county. Don't you have to be pretty late on city taxes before they get turned over to the county?

On a seperate issue when you buy a property from the Land Bank are you typically looking at months or years to get the title straightened out?

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:59 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I am so unhappy with the choices for this election thatI just can't get enthused.
I will say that I refuse to support Walling, Buchanan, Mays or Davenport!

I also remember the downright outrageous campaign that Walling and the Young Dems conducted against Williamson. I would believe that Wlling would stoop to any depraved level if he thought it would help him win an election.
Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:14 pm 
liontamer
F L I N T O I D

Well that leaves Smith, Pfeiffer and Kim.....what are your thoughts on these three? Or do you plan to stay home?
Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:23 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: