FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Since Walling: Homicides Doubled, and 2011 looking TERRIBLE

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
bluecat1122
F L I N T O I D

Just curious if anyone's looked at these numbers:

Since Walling made his major cuts, the City of Flint has only increased in homicides.

2009: 36 Homicides

2010: 66 Homicides (2 pending I'm told not officially changed yet)

But here's the kicker: In 2010, Walling not only doubled homicides from 2009 (with his public safety cuts), it took the first 3 months to even get 3 homicides. Now, in 2011, as of today's date March 5th, 2011, we are already at 8 Homicides!

Does anyone see a problem here? Does anyone see an upward trend? This is exactly what happens when you put public safety LAST in what's important, which is EXACTLY what Walling's doing.
Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:40 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

We are less safe under Walling than EVER in Flint's history

Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:24 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

How Walling expects businesses, or anyone to come to a city rated as one of the most unsafe in the country is beyond me. Unless, destroying Flint is his real agenda.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Just wondering how making cuts to a community adds to the homcide number. The gangbanging hiphoppers subculture will always be low life scum and poppin caps on their rivals or victims is what they do no matter how many cops are on duty.

Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:50 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Bluecat is right and we are less safe. With fewer cops to respond there are fewer apprehensions.

More and more seniors are telling me their children want them to move.
Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:58 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

We only had minor problems in my neighnorhood until Walling cut officers. Now the murder corridor goes all the way to Flushing Road and includes my home.
Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:15 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

The problem with moving is of course selling your present home and recouping some of your equity. Flint aint exactly high on the desirable list of where one would like to relocate to. We had to move my grandfather from his home on Alexander st. many years ago when the plaque took over the neighborhood and made it an unlivable place for an elderly white man. Threats along with a gas filled coke bottle thru window really showed what he was dealing with. By the way their were cops everywhere in the city at that time yet all they could do was advise us to "get him the hell out of there".

Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:13 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Similar story about an individual living on Mabel. He had the nicest home nin the area and had a good job. After his second robbery the police told him he should move. They had stolen everything else, but he was working and carried a wallet.

After the police left a crack head threatened Tim saying he had done the robberies and if Tim turned him in he would hurt Tim. The police can't be our personal guards and when a neighborhood turns this bad, you can only leave. Tim left within 48 hours.

If my neighborhood continues to deteriorate, I too will leave. An aquaintance living on Sunset in the townhouses recently told a group of us that he has quit paying taxes and is saving to leave and abandon the home. Many others are doing the same thing.

I felt safer when there were more police and perception id often reality!
Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:42 am 
shintz62
F L I N T O I D

does anyone have a good idea that meybe we can band together and support. They need to hear from regular folk. Pit ur ideas here and we will go thru and choose and then we will defend our decision.
Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:28 pm 
J HUNTINGWORTH TUNE
F L I N T O I D

What were the crime figures for Flint in 2010 ? Aren't they reported to the FBI on a yearly basis ? I am wondering what Flints new ranking is..
Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:21 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

did you guys see Walling is having a birthday party?? We should all go

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
How Walling expects businesses, or anyone to come to a city rated as one of the most unsafe in the country is beyond me. Unless, destroying Flint is his real agenda.

Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:28 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

Do you people ever come up with what a logical person calls, "solutions," or do you just whine from your computers all day? I'm fairly certain this website has devolved into about ten people making all the sad, depressing posts, and god knows if webs wasn't living on this website there would be half the posts. Psst, there's a major opportunity to help public safety in May with this thing called a jail. Most people know that they're kind of important. Maybe you guys can get off your a**es and vote yes on it to help our community, but knowing this site, I doubt that will happen. At this point, the ten folks that read this site seem to be complimenting themselves enough that they don't need to do anything to feel like they've helped their community, they'll just tell themselves that they have. Just try to change, but if not, please just don't be a roadblock.
Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:36 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Unless the ballot language specifically states that 100% of the money will go for the stated purpose, I'll vote no on all millage requests.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:00 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Blue Catt right agin! We set record, even with giving the FBI 13 fewer murders than actual, and are 4 ahead of last year's murder rate at this time.
Post Sat May 28, 2011 11:39 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: