FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: How can you sleep with gunshots all around?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

This is horrible. Have any of the pastor projects helped to reduce crime?

Post Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:27 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

If you mean the marches & prayer rallies, no.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
If you mean the marches & prayer rallies, no.

I hate to sound cynical about "men of the cloth" , but what good are marches and prayers as a response to violence in the streets? I remember a few years ago, guys joined Promise Keepers in HUGE numbers. Men swearing themselves to be better men , fathers, husbands,, all good ambitions. But what became of that movement? I always wondered what they had been doing in those churches all the time? Shouldn't they have been teaching all that stuff all along? I don't understand causes like that. I was always under the impression that good men were supposed to be all ready doing those things. I think there is too much singing and dancing in churches, too much entertainment and not enough teaching. If there had been more more instruction there would be fewer funreals . [/quote]
Post Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:33 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Churches used to do more outreach, especially for the children. Now they are too involved in politics and trying to write grants for their projects-projects that usually don;t succeed. Remember years ago when Metropolitan Housing got a nasty report from HUD because they did nothing and yet paid an administrator.
Post Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:23 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Two houses shot up at Warrington Drive near Stewart Avenue
Published: Thursday, November 04, 2010, 7:23 AM Updated: Thursday, November 04, 2010, 7:37 AM
David Harris | Flint Journal
FLINT, Michigan — Two homeowners reported shots fired into their homes on Warrington Drive near Stewart Avenue.

One homeowner said he heard about 30 shots around 9:45 p.m. Monday. He said the bullets shattered a front living room window and storm door window. The other homeowner reported two bullet holes in the living room.

There was no suspect information.
Post Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:07 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Probably some bad shots from our can't shoot straight gangs.

Victim wakes up to bullet holes in Flint home
Published: Thursday, November 04, 2010, 7:32 AM Updated: Thursday, November 04, 2010, 7:36 AM
David Harris | Flint Journal
FLINT, Michigan — A victim was sleeping when two bullets entered his home on Mason Street and Jackson Avenue.

It happened around midnight on Tuesday.

The victim discovered two bullet holes in the south window.
Post Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:09 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I am surprised this made the news as it occurs on a daily basis.

Bank-owned home and garage stripped entirely of siding
Published: Thursday, November 04, 2010, 9:30 PM Updated: Thursday, November 04, 2010, 10:23 PM
Khalil AlHajal | The Flint Journal
Follow Share this story
Story tools
FLINT, Michigan — A representative of a mortgage company told police on Wednesday that a vacant home was stripped of all its siding in October.

The representative told police all the siding on the house and its garage were missing from the bank-owned home on Maplewood Avenue near N. Franklin Avenue.

Cast iron pipes and electrical material were also reported stolen, according to the police report.

Tammy November 04, 2010 at 11:03PM
Follow

Apparently having items stolen from a vacant home is not uncommon. I put an offer on a house and stopped by to measure the widows a couple weeks later only to find that the neighbors had removed the majority of the landscaping from the yard and transplanted into their yard (the tractor tire marks within the yard were still fresh) It’s a shame that people take advantage of situations like that. If it’s not yours, leave it alone!

Inappropriate? Alert us.Reply Post new

agp3075 November 05, 2010 at 4:52AM
Follow

This is and has been common and overlooked activity in Flint city for several years. I wrote a piece a while back in the comment section like this pertaining to this type of activity. I mentioned in the comment that I called FPD several times and they did not respond until I stated that I was a CCW holder and was ready to defend my self and property if the robbers came into my yard next door. Then they came, of course several hours after the house next door was stripped. They took my gun and I have never got it back after several attempts. Yes it was legal.
Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:34 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Jewelry, rum stolen in burglary at dead woman's Flint home
Published: Thursday, November 04, 2010, 10:20 PM Updated: Friday, November 05, 2010, 8:05 AM
FLINT, Michigan — A woman reported to police on Wednesday a burglary at her deceased mother's home, according to a police report.

A watch, jewelry and a bottle of rum were taken from the house on Welch Boulevard near Dupont Street.

A side door was kicked in and a door on the second floor was also forced open, according to the report.

The burglary occurred sometime between Tuesday night at 9:30 p.m. and Wednesday at 9 a.m..
Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:38 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Man robbed, pistol-whipped near Flint Police headquarters
Published: Friday, November 05, 2010, 9:50 PM Updated: Friday, November 05, 2010, 11:40 PM
FLINT, Michigan — A man was robbed in a parking lot near police headquarters last week, according to a police report.

The man parked his car in a lot on Harrison Street near E. 5th Street at about 11 p.m. Oct. 29 and was approached by the suspect as he was opening his door to exit, according to the report.

Comments He told police the suspect, in his 20s, had a handgun and ordered him to give up everything he had.

When the victim said he had nothing, the suspect hit him about the head and face several times with the gun, according to the report.

The suspect took $300-400 in cash and fled southbound.

The victim suffered lacerations to the head and right and left eyebrow area, the report states.
Post Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:04 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Runaway horse in Flint lured to safety with apple slices by police sergeant
Published: Friday, November 05, 2010, 10:20 PM Updated: Saturday, November 06, 2010, 8:44 AM

FLINT, Michigan — A horse ran free along Lapeer Road and Court Street today for about 26 minutes before police were able to corner the animal and lure it in with a treat, officials said.

Sgt. Brian Murphree said he sacrificed a part of his lunch to bring the animal to safety.

"He stuck his head right into my window," said Murphree, who used apple slices to attract the animal.

Murphree said he used his vehicle to block the horse in against a building at Howard Estates south of Lapeer Road and E. 12 Street.

A handler was then able to get a rope around the horse, Murphree said.

"I blocked him in and called him over to the car and he came," he said. "I said 'come here' and held out the apple slices."

He then threw through the apples out the window once the animal started slobbering into the car.

The horse, which provides carriage rides downtown, was chased by its handlers on Court Street and Lapeer Street for 26 minutes before it was caught, according to police and fire officials.

"I think he broke loose from whatever it was tied to," Sgt. John Joseph.

"Sgt. Murphree saved that horse's life. It could have just ran onto the highway... It was a comical situation that could have turned out bad."
Post Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:08 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Chevrolet pickup truck stolen from in front of house
Published: Saturday, November 06, 2010, 8:34 AM Updated: Saturday, November 06, 2010, 8:34 AM
Dana DeFever | The Flint Journal

FLINT, Michigan — Police responded to a vehicle theft on McKinley Avenue, near Ogema Avenue.

When taking the garbage out on Friday, the victim realized a 1992 Chevrolet pickup truck was missing from in front of the house.

The truck had a plastic tool box on the cab, with several tools inside, and a firefighter symbol sticker on the back. The truck also has rust on the corners of its cab.

The victim has insurance.

Sponsored Links
Post Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:10 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Two women arrested after fight in bar restroom over smoking inside
Published: Saturday, November 06, 2010, 9:05 AM
Dana DeFever | The Flint Journal
FLINT, Michigan — Two women were arrested after they started a fight with another women in the restroom of a local bar, when they were asked to smoke outside on Friday.

According to police reports the victim asked the two women not to smoke and to go outside, when the two women confronted the victim and stated “What do you know about Flint,” at a bar on Buckham Alley, near West First Street. They then knocked the victim to the floor and began kicking her in the head.

A fight ensued and continued out of the restroom and into the bar where the responding officers observed the two females pulling the hair of the victim and yelling.

The suspects then told police the victim assaulted them for no reason and they defended
Post Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:13 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Two shotguns taken in Flint burglary on Corunna Road
Published: Tuesday, November 09, 2010, 9:40 PM Updated: Tuesday, November 09, 2010, 11:17 PM
FLINT, Michigan — A man went home Saturday night to find his home broken into and his shotguns missing, according to a police report.

The Mossberg and Remington 12-gauge shotguns were the only things taken from the home on Corunna Road near Zimmerman Street, according to the report.

A living room window to the home was found broken.
Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:26 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Shotgun used in daylight robbery on Lapeer Road in Flint
Published: Tuesday, November 09, 2010, 9:58 PM Updated: Tuesday, November 09, 2010, 10:56 PM

FLINT, Michigan — A woman was robbed by a shotgun-wielding teenager while walking to a bus stop on Monday afternoon, according to a police report.

The victim was walking from her apartment along Lapeer Road near Howard Avenue at around 5 p.m. when she heard someone shouting at her, according to the report.

She turned around to find a shotgun pointed at her. The suspect, described as between 17 and 19 years old, demanded the woman's purse, which she gave him.

The light brown purse with brown straps contained a Washington state identification card, $80, two Social Security cards belonging to the victim's children, a Bridge Card and a cell phone, according to the report.
Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:29 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Prescription drugs and $500 stolen from parked car
Published: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 9:42 PM Updated: Thursday, November 11, 2010, 10:13 PM
Follow Share this story
Story tools
FLINT, Michigan — Several bottles of pain relieving and antibiotic prescription medications were stolen from a car last weekend along with $500 cash, according to a police report.

The items were taken sometime between 10 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. Monday from a Dodge Neon parked on Owen street near Lapeer Road, according to a police report.

Bottles of I am a moron SPAMMER, Vicadin and Ibuprofen pain relievers, Cephalexin and Zithromax antibiotics and Phenergan cough syrup were taken.

A title to a Ford van and $500 in cash were also reported stolen.

There was no suspect or witness information.
Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:02 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 95, 96, 97  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: